MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:53:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 ... 119
Author Topic: MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25  (Read 232761 times)
Kamala
Madagascar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2675 on: May 25, 2017, 11:14:34 PM »

He slammed ONE reporter.

Probably in the next race, the left should get a female reporter to harass the Republican candidate.  That would have swung many more votes than occurred here.

Maybe send some reporters to beat up the Republican candidate.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2676 on: May 25, 2017, 11:15:06 PM »

I'm thinking Buttrey or Sales would have won by much more, in hindsight. Think this is two subpar candidates and the state's form showing
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2677 on: May 25, 2017, 11:15:13 PM »

It says a lot about how low the opinion of the democratic party is in rural areas of middle america when a reality tv star and a man who beats up reporters defeat democrats.
Or it says alot about rural areas that they vote for a reality tv star an a guy who beats up reporters
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2678 on: May 25, 2017, 11:15:16 PM »

It says a lot about how low the opinion of the democratic party is in rural areas of middle america when a reality tv star and a man who beats up reporters defeat democrats.

Or it says more about the character of the voters in the region.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #2679 on: May 25, 2017, 11:15:53 PM »

Sooo, all the over-confidence from you guys last night and even before last night, all the predictions of a quist 2 point or 3 point win, they were all fake hope?

This happens all the time on here. You guys hype up dem chances, and then when it actually doesn't happen, you pretend you never had any "true" hope for a win.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=201934.0

Cc: irony ore mine
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2680 on: May 25, 2017, 11:16:41 PM »

A reminder that the DCCC spent a tenth on this race what they've spent in GA-6 so far.

Quist has also raised millions of dollars, getting a fundraising advantage over The Piano Man.

Quiet, it just easier to blame the DCCC then to admit that left-wing populism isn't some magic elixir that is going to win over rural voters.  

Is that the new meme, that Bernie can't win rural whites?
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2681 on: May 25, 2017, 11:17:33 PM »

The Bernie Sanders anointed candidate lost in Montana?! Well, we all know whose fault this is: where is SHE?!
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2682 on: May 25, 2017, 11:18:08 PM »

American culture is disgusting.  We go to church on Sundays and fck our neighbors' wives on Mondays.  We live to acquire but never to give.  We worship celebrities to the point of literally electing them into office.  And we have the gall to call ourselves godly people.  Godly?  Sodom and Gomorrah had much more wholesome folks than these creatures.

*I sedated myself a while ago, so if my posts sound wacky now I apologize
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2683 on: May 25, 2017, 11:18:15 PM »

Running a candidate who supports gun control was a terrible idea.

Huh

There are multiple items here, but I strongly doubt that "Gun Control" was a major issue in this election....

If anything Quist ran as an opponent of certain types of Gun Control, but still backing the common sense  items like Universal Background Checks, Closing Gun Show loopholes, and ran AGAINST some of his National Party Platforms (AKA Clinton style Gun crackdowns),

I suspect where he might have taking some authenticity hits on the Gun issue was that he didn't renew his hunting licenses over the past 15 years...

Most gun owners in Montana aren't your "Gun Hoarder" type folks, but if you're going to be portrayed as some type of "hippie musician", it certainly helps on the gun issue to at least have paid your hunting license fees, especially if you're a Native Montanan that occasionally likes to Hunt and Fish, and then add to that, the other stuff, like not paying your taxes or bills to a roofing contractor, and that starts to make his attacks the Carpet Bagger from New Jersey look less authentic once you add these various items up.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #2684 on: May 25, 2017, 11:18:41 PM »

At this rate it would end up 10% odd, still an improvement over the 20% but clearly not good enough !

Tester has got a tough race in 2018! And lol @ people thinking this will hurt Gianforte, Republicans get a big boost out an assault ! If Trump assaults a CNN or NBC reporter, his ratings will probably move on !
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #2685 on: May 25, 2017, 11:18:43 PM »

Unfortunately, as I feared, this election will merely tear Democrats apart rather than unite them toward a common goal. Establishmentarians will (rightly*) blame Quist's bernicratic stances, Berniecrats will blame the DCCC, Tom Perez, whoever. Yes, Bernie's movement will probably play quite well in the Rust Belt and in already-strong-left areas, but not everywhere. I think the Berniecratic sweet spot are Obama-Trump areas, not traditional Republican strongholds like Montana. The movement has such a great energy, and it would be unwise of the establishment Democrats to ignore or squash it. Support each other! I'm certain some moderate state Senator would have been able to keep the margin tight, or even if Quist didn't go full Bernie. Just look at Ossoff - he appealed to GA-06's Republicans beyond mere anti-trumpness.

*Rightly attribute some of the blame

Unity for what? More platitudes like "leading with our values"?

I'm getting sick and tired of moderates punching left and coming back with "now we need to unite, get behind us". Bullcrap. Quist was not a great candidate but he could've won, just like Thompson could've won in April. But Democrats don't have enough confidence in themselves to chin up and make the right calls.

If there was the same amount of energy nationwide for this race as there is in Georgia and Quist had still lost I might be saying different. But there wasn't, and leaders like Tom Perez certainly didn't do enough to drum up interest.

Hmm, let's see if I can explain it better.

There was a reason why Republicans ran people like Mark Kirk in Illinois, Scott Brown in Massachusetts, etc - those were the types of candidates that could win. Sure, they were to the left of the national party, but Illinois and Massachusetts were also significantly to the left of the republicans. They didn't run a Jeff Sessions.

I guess I can't explain it any better after all.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2686 on: May 25, 2017, 11:18:50 PM »

A reminder that the DCCC spent a tenth on this race what they've spent in GA-6 so far.

Quist has also raised millions of dollars, getting a fundraising advantage over The Piano Man.

Quiet, it just easier to blame the DCCC then to admit that left-wing populism isn't some magic elixir that is going to win over rural voters.  

Well, he can win them in Vermont.  Not sure about anywhere else.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2687 on: May 25, 2017, 11:19:45 PM »

By the way, it looks like Lake County is going to come pretty close to matching the statewide results again.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2688 on: May 25, 2017, 11:19:55 PM »

All of Bernie-backed candidates (outside of the NH delegate) has lost and in some cases they underperformed Clinton.

Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #2689 on: May 25, 2017, 11:20:01 PM »

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2690 on: May 25, 2017, 11:20:22 PM »

When he was running for Congress in 1988 or 1990, I bet people laughed at him for trying to win against a Democrat and a Republican in a state that had only ever voted once for President, when LBJ won every northern state.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2691 on: May 25, 2017, 11:20:24 PM »

At this rate it would end up 10% odd, still an improvement over the 20% but clearly not good enough !

Tester has got a tough race in 2018! And lol @ people thinking this will hurt Gianforte, Republicans get a big boost out an assault ! If Trump assaults a CNN or NBC reporter, his ratings will probably move on !

Keep in mind what this means though, if Dems can keep it up anyway, for those seats that fell to the GOP with less than 10-point margins.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2692 on: May 25, 2017, 11:20:42 PM »

I think it says a lot more about Republican voters and how few of them have any ethics, morality or intelligence.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2693 on: May 25, 2017, 11:21:06 PM »

All of Bernie-backed candidates (outside of the NH delegate) has lost and in some cases they underperformed Clinton.

The NY assembly elect was a Bernie delegate.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2694 on: May 25, 2017, 11:21:15 PM »

I guess I can't explain it any better after all.

You're wasting your time. This thread is entering its progressive persecution phase.

Abandon ship!
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2695 on: May 25, 2017, 11:21:33 PM »

Some Democrat should jump on Gianforte's stage and beat him to a bloody pulp and then the Democrats should run him in the next election.  Let's give the people real 'Montana Justice.'
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2696 on: May 25, 2017, 11:21:54 PM »

It says more about them than the Democratic party, and what it says is not pretty.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2697 on: May 25, 2017, 11:22:28 PM »

Massive missoula vote dump with election day voters didn't change much. G up 19,000 votes
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2698 on: May 25, 2017, 11:22:52 PM »

When he was running for Congress in 1988 or 1990, I bet people laughed at him for trying to win against a Democrat and a Republican in a state that had only ever voted once for President, when LBJ won every northern state.

Not likely, he had been a popular mayor of Burlington, which had been a fairly conservative city up until then.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #2699 on: May 25, 2017, 11:22:53 PM »

The Democratic candidate should just beat up Gianforte in 2018.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 ... 119  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies