MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:23:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 ... 119
Author Topic: MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25  (Read 232763 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2700 on: May 25, 2017, 11:23:02 PM »

Obviously we can't have a reasonable or semi-intelligible conversation about this race other than "lol left wing populism doesn't work" or "shut up DINOs" and other people empty quoting one another. Gross.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2701 on: May 25, 2017, 11:23:29 PM »

Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2702 on: May 25, 2017, 11:23:53 PM »

Take it easy, folks.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2703 on: May 25, 2017, 11:24:04 PM »

Obviously we can't have a reasonable or semi-intelligible conversation about this race other than "lol left wing populism doesn't work" or "shut up DINOs" and other people empty quoting one another. Gross.

Honestly, I'm not sure how we can have an intelligent conversation when one side is literally gloating that an assaulter won a congressional seat.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #2704 on: May 25, 2017, 11:24:09 PM »

Sooo, all the over-confidence from you guys last night and even before last night, all the predictions of a quist 2 point or 3 point win, they were all fake hope?

This happens all the time on here. You guys hype up dem chances, and then when it actually doesn't happen, you pretend you never had any "true" hope for a win.

While I generally agree with you, Atlas wasn't the only place that thought this thing was going to have a serious impact on the race. I think in this case it's fair to say Quist would have done a lot better had he actually run a good campaign, but yeah... it also shows us that polarization is still a thing.

So yes, Republicans outperformed everyone's expectations this time (I should have stuck with my original prediction and not changed it at the last minute), but I'm still taking nothing for granted in this goddamn state. Harry Enten should feel kind of stupid for saying that Tester is going to be very happy about this result, though. Congrats to Mr. Daines, who won the Daines vs. Tester/Bullock proxy war. Wink

I even thought Quist was a shoo-in after last night, but I'm happy that the Montana voters realized that a vote for Quist was a vote for 3000 murders a day, regardless of any personal flaws in Gianforte.  And, we're not trying to elect our pastor or role model, but rather someone who will vote to lead our country in the right direction, and I am confident that Gianforte will vote in the right way.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2705 on: May 25, 2017, 11:25:03 PM »

I guess I can't explain it any better after all.

I thought you explained it well. Smiley
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2706 on: May 25, 2017, 11:25:40 PM »
« Edited: May 26, 2017, 06:10:53 AM by Brittain33 »

Sooo, all the over-confidence from you guys last night and even before last night, all the predictions of a quist 2 point or 3 point win, they were all fake hope?

This happens all the time on here. You guys hype up dem chances, and then when it actually doesn't happen, you pretend you never had any "true" hope for a win.

While I generally agree with you, Atlas wasn't the only place that thought this thing was going to have a serious impact on the race. I think in this case it's fair to say Quist would have done a lot better had he actually run a good campaign, but yeah... it also shows us that polarization is still a thing.

So yes, Republicans outperformed everyone's expectations this time (I should have stuck with my original prediction and not changed it at the last minute), but I'm still taking nothing for granted in this goddamn state. Harry Enten should feel kind of stupid for saying that Tester is going to be very happy about this result, though. Congrats to Mr. Daines, who won the Daines vs. Tester/Bullock proxy war. Wink

I even thought Quist was a shoo-in after last night, but I'm happy that the Montana voters realized that a vote for Quist was a vote for 3000 murders a day, regardless of any personal flaws in Gianforte.  And, we're not trying to elect our pastor or role model, but rather someone who will vote to lead our country in the right direction, and I am confident that Gianforte will vote in the right way.

Doesn't really fit here, but a fetus is not a human.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2707 on: May 25, 2017, 11:25:50 PM »

I'm thinking Buttrey or Sales would have won by much more, in hindsight. Think this is two subpar candidates and the state's form showing

Nah, Sales wouldn't have done better, but Buttrey might have won by 2 points more or so. Gianforte really wasn't an awful candidate before #Assaultgate, so I'm not sure why everyone keeps saying that.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2708 on: May 25, 2017, 11:26:16 PM »

Yes because you are hardcore Republican who wouldn't take anything for granted in Wyoming, either. I should have stuck with my original 10 point prediction; Atlas got me gaslighted again.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2709 on: May 25, 2017, 11:26:31 PM »

Honestly, I'm not sure how we can have an intelligent conversation when one side is literally gloating that an assaulter won a congressional seat.

Hey, he just body slammed someone. It's not like he grabbed a woman's crotch or mocked a disabled reporter.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2710 on: May 25, 2017, 11:26:37 PM »

>Proceeds to repeat religious claptrap
>Says we don't need religion dictating our candidates' behaviors
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2711 on: May 25, 2017, 11:26:56 PM »

So G is up 6.5 right now with around 305,000 votes counted.

How many votes are left to be counted?
Thomas Jackson
ghostmonkey

Political Matrix
E: 8.77, S: 8.79

« Reply #2712 on: May 25, 2017, 11:27:00 PM »

"And if all others accepted the lie which the Party imposed – if all records told the same tale – then the lie passed into history and became truth. "Who controls the past," ran the Party slogan, "controls the future: who controls the present controls the past." And yet the past, though of its nature alterable, never had been altered. Whatever was true now was true from everlasting to everlasting. It was quite simple. All that was needed was an unending series of victories over your own memory. "Reality control," they called it: in Newspeak, "doublethink.""
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2713 on: May 25, 2017, 11:27:54 PM »

And, we're not trying to elect our pastor

Funny how the "Christian" right touts that meme every time they nominate scumbags.

America sold its soul to the devil ages ago.
Thomas Jackson
ghostmonkey

Political Matrix
E: 8.77, S: 8.79

« Reply #2714 on: May 25, 2017, 11:27:57 PM »

Doesn't really fit here, but a fetus is not a human, moron.

After all... human women give birth to monkeys, sea urchins, dolphins and all sorts of things.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2715 on: May 25, 2017, 11:28:11 PM »

The Democratic Party has a problem with rural voters right now. Also, Cynthia McKinney used to scuffle in Washington, DC, and no one had a problem.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2716 on: May 25, 2017, 11:28:31 PM »

10k votes just dumped; 50.4-43.7.

BTW the MT SOS seems to be ahead of DDHQ now: http://mtelectionresults.gov/resultsSW.aspx?type=FED&map=CTY
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2717 on: May 25, 2017, 11:29:10 PM »

Yes because you are hardcore Republican who wouldn't take anything for granted in Wyoming, either. I should have stuck with my original 10 point prediction; Atlas got me gaslighted again.

K, lol.

Care to name any MT Democrats you support?
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #2718 on: May 25, 2017, 11:29:51 PM »

A reminder that the DCCC spent a tenth on this race what they've spent in GA-6 so far.
Quist has also raised millions of dollars, getting a fundraising advantage over The Piano Man.
Quiet, it just easier to blame the DCCC then to admit that left-wing populism isn't some magic elixir that is going to win over rural voters.  

This is the easy answer. Instead of looking at vast swaths of the country disappearing from Democratic control over the course of a decade, and Republican governments in states like Wisconsin and Kansas utterly DECIMATING the livelihoods of their voters, it's far easier to say that either you've just lost one giant group of voters forever and/or that rural folk just decided to become anti-establishment for no apparent reason besides spite. It can't possibly be that Democrats lost their way with rural voters and fell out of touch when it wouldn't support the policies that would alleviate their economic stress.

If the answer for the Democratic Party's future lies in suburban "Panera bread" districts, then it has no future. As soon as Trump's out of office, most likely before or after 2020, these anti-Trump Republicans that are voting for guys like Ossoff are going to go back to voting Republican. That could happen as soon as 2022. Suburban voters don't support liberal policies. They don't even support centrist policies like Obamacare that tried to balance private health insurance with Medicare. Suburban voters have, throughout history, been some of the biggest breeders of fascism in multiple countries including our own.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #2719 on: May 25, 2017, 11:30:42 PM »

7 points and growing.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2720 on: May 25, 2017, 11:30:54 PM »

Gianforte:  50.6%
Quist: 46.6%
Wicks: 3.8%

Just sayin...
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #2721 on: May 25, 2017, 11:31:29 PM »

Well, as a liberal that sucked to watch. That was over embarrassingly early. RIP Quist, thank you for giving it your all. While I thought Quist would win, I knew Gianforte could for sure also win. But at least I was right that it was not by some ridiculous 14 point margin either way.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2722 on: May 25, 2017, 11:32:33 PM »

A reminder that the DCCC spent a tenth on this race what they've spent in GA-6 so far.
Quist has also raised millions of dollars, getting a fundraising advantage over The Piano Man.
Quiet, it just easier to blame the DCCC then to admit that left-wing populism isn't some magic elixir that is going to win over rural voters.  

This is the easy answer. Instead of looking at vast swaths of the country disappearing from Democratic control over the course of a decade, and Republican governments in states like Wisconsin and Kansas utterly DECIMATING the livelihoods of their voters, it's far easier to say that either you've just lost one giant group of voters forever and/or that rural folk just decided to become anti-establishment for no apparent reason besides spite. It can't possibly be that Democrats lost their way with rural voters and fell out of touch when it wouldn't support the policies that would alleviate their economic stress.

If the answer for the Democratic Party's future lies in suburban "Panera bread" districts, then it has no future. As soon as Trump's out of office, most likely before or after 2020, these anti-Trump Republicans that are voting for guys like Ossoff are going to go back to voting Republican. That could happen as soon as 2022. Suburban voters don't support liberal policies. They don't even support centrist policies like Obamacare that tried to balance private health insurance with Medicare. Suburban voters have, throughout history, been some of the biggest breeders of fascism in multiple countries including our own.

We can win these voters for sure (here's me being optimistic), but it'll take 3rd way Clintonite centrists like Jim Justice, John Bel Edwards, and Joe Manchin, not far-left purity troll-endorsed candidates who are foisted on the party by the likes of ssuperflash and jfern.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2723 on: May 25, 2017, 11:32:48 PM »

Any idea yet how quist is doing with election day voters?
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2724 on: May 25, 2017, 11:32:52 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2017, 11:35:14 PM by MT Treasurer »

The AP still hasn't called it, but NY Times has projected GF as the winner. I'm also calling it for the GOP.

Also, we should probably NEVER ever take Google Consumer Surveys seriously. Or Gravis polls, for that matter.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 113 114 ... 119  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies