MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:40:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 119
Author Topic: MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25  (Read 232463 times)
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: April 20, 2017, 04:44:26 PM »

Lol, chill. He will vote for gun restrictions, etc. once he is in Congress. This is part of the shtick, we saw this with Tester and Kander as well.

Quist is not a moderate, and neither is Gianforte.
Yeah, he'll likely just be another Pelosi puppet. Time for Gianforte and the NRA to fire back.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #526 on: April 20, 2017, 05:44:37 PM »

Apparently Gianforte ALSO has an ad involving guns and the shooting of TV's.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #527 on: April 20, 2017, 05:58:46 PM »

I'm feeling slightly better about Quist now than I was yesterday.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #528 on: April 20, 2017, 06:49:02 PM »

Reading Gianforte's Wikipedia page:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Is this real? Wow.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #529 on: April 20, 2017, 07:38:50 PM »

Is this real? Wow.

publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #530 on: April 20, 2017, 07:52:55 PM »

Gianforte asks the tough questions: Would Jesus have approved of overtime pay? I think the answer is an obvious no.
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #531 on: April 20, 2017, 08:59:56 PM »
« Edited: April 20, 2017, 09:02:24 PM by Alpha »

Is this real? Wow.

Literally evil. Reading that sent a shiver down my spine.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #532 on: April 20, 2017, 10:08:18 PM »

Is this real? Wow.
Has to be someone trolling...right?

Please Christ let quist win
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #533 on: April 21, 2017, 07:32:02 AM »

In just over 6 weeks, Rob’s campaign raised $2 million from mainly small donations. Nearly 40,000 individuals have donated to the campaign with an average contribution of $32.

Tina Olechowski, spokesperson for Rob Quist’s campaign - “Montanans across party lines are supporting Rob, because they know he will stand up for everyday working people, not corporate special interests.” Unlike his opponent, New Jersey multi-millionaire Greg Gianforte, Rob does not accept donations from lobbyists or corporate PACs and supports a Constitutional amendment to overturn Citizens United.

http://robquist.org/momentum-builds-behind-rob-quist-campaign-hits-2-million-campaign-contributions/

Money flowing into Quist campaign from small donors since the Our-Revolution endorsement!
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #534 on: April 21, 2017, 08:05:45 AM »

I'm sorry, but how is "Gianforte doesn't think you should be able to retire" not an attack ad yet?
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #535 on: April 21, 2017, 08:21:00 AM »

As national attention turns to the special election in Montana, the super PAC backed by House GOP leadership is deploying House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi in a new TV attack on Democratic nominee Rob Quist. The ad, which will debut Friday on broadcast and cable, marks the start of an $800,000 media buy from Congressional Leadership Fund. The super PAC ran its first TV ad against Quist last month, using many of the same attacks. 

“Rob Quist talks folksy,” the narrator says, opening the spot. “But his record is more Nancy Pelosi than Montana,” the narrator says. “Whether it’s cuts to the military or doubling down on a health care system more expensive than Obamacare, Rob Quist continues to prove he is more in-tune with Nancy Pelosi than Montana,” CLF executive director Corry Bliss said in a statement.

- See more at: http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/rob-quist-gop-montana#sthash.keVfiS8c.dpuf

Holy crap, close to 1M in attack ads through Super pacs !
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #536 on: April 21, 2017, 08:37:14 AM »
« Edited: April 21, 2017, 08:39:12 AM by Beet »

Lol, chill. He will vote for gun restrictions, etc. once he is in Congress. This is part of the shtick, we saw this with Tester and Kander as well.

Tester? I can't find his NRA rating... some left-wing sources claims he has an A-? I know he voted for background checks, but didn't support some of Obama's proposals.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #537 on: April 21, 2017, 08:59:09 AM »

Tester? I can't find his NRA rating... some left-wing sources claims he has an A-? I know he voted for background checks, but didn't support some of Obama's proposals.

Tester's web site says he has an A rating from the NRA.  http://www.jontester.com/issues/protecting-gun-rights/
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #538 on: April 21, 2017, 09:04:31 AM »

Gianforte has a new ad Grab attacking Quist for the automatic gun registry thing, distorting it with all rifles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlcwuaMeW8w

How are Democrats this dumb? Attack Gianforte as a Special Interest candidates who wants to eliminate Social Security, Medicare & sell off public lands. They are butchering Quist with negative ads !
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #539 on: April 21, 2017, 09:05:36 AM »

I'm sorry, but how is "Gianforte doesn't think you should be able to retire" not an attack ad yet?

Chill. He only just got D-Trip money. I'm sure something will come soon.

Though Montana is definitely more of a retail state, and less of a media state, as far as I can tell.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #540 on: April 21, 2017, 12:14:30 PM »

Quist is starting to get money that would make some Senatorial campaigns blush:

Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #541 on: April 21, 2017, 12:16:57 PM »

Gianforte has a new ad Grab attacking Quist for the automatic gun registry thing, distorting it with all rifles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlcwuaMeW8w

How are Democrats this dumb? Attack Gianforte as a Special Interest candidates who wants to eliminate Social Security, Medicare & sell off public lands. They are butchering Quist with negative ads !

God, what a hack.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #542 on: April 21, 2017, 04:21:35 PM »

An interesting thing to watch in this race will be the East-West divide. Basically all GCS polls so far have shown the gap to be unbelievably high (sometimes even more than 40 points), with Quist leading in the Western part of the state and Gianforte in the East. I doubt it will be that dramatic on election day, but we'll see.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the early returns are skewed toward Democrats. So please... don't freak out when Quist leads 55-40 with 5% in. Oh wait, this is Atlas, why am I even saying this.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #543 on: April 21, 2017, 04:24:58 PM »

An interesting thing to watch in this race will be the East-West divide. Basically all GCS polls so far have shown the gap to be unbelievably high (sometimes even more than 40 points), with Quist leading in the Western part of the state and Gianforte in the East. I doubt it will be that dramatic on election day, but we'll see.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the early returns are skewed toward Democrats. So please... don't freak out when Quist leads 55-40 with 5% in. Oh wait, this is Atlas, why am I even saying this.

Given that it's an entire state, with some very unpopulated counties, we should get some full county totals relatively early in the night, which should help us make an educated guess as to how the race is going (although again, we need to watch out for the East-West divide).
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #544 on: April 21, 2017, 04:57:41 PM »

Given that it's an entire state, with some very unpopulated counties, we should get some full county totals relatively early in the night, which should help us make an educated guess as to how the race is going (although again, we need to watch out for the East-West divide).

Does thé east or the west report first?
Webnicz
United States

« Reply #545 on: April 21, 2017, 05:13:18 PM »

Quist being from Kalispell , Does anyone think he can win in his conservative home of flathead county?
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #546 on: April 21, 2017, 06:39:58 PM »

Yeah, every single Google Survey poll I've had access to (including the one currently in the field) had a big East/West Gap.  The weighted and raw numbers:

3/12 to 3/14   Overall: Q+17 (Q+14 Raw); West: Q+33 (Q+29); East: G+9 (G+10) Gap: 42
3/14? to 3/16   Overall: Tie (Tie); West:Q+15 (Q+11); East: G+20   (Q+18) Gap: 35
3/18 to 3/20   Overall: Q+8 (Q+8); West: Q+14 (Q+13); East: G+6 (G+5) Gap: 20
4/6 to 4/8         Overall: G+1 (Q+2); West: Q+13 (Q+20); East: G+22 (G+26) Gap: 35
4/19 to 4/?       TBD

A 20-point gap is possible in Montana.  The 35/42 gaps are probably overselling the east-west divide.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #547 on: April 21, 2017, 09:58:20 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2017, 10:26:07 PM by cinyc »

My Google Survey is now complete.  I put it into the field on April 19. It completed today, April 21. The question asked was:
The choices were: (randomized) Democrat Rob Quist, Republican Greg Gianforte, Libertarian Mark Wicks and "I am not likely to vote in this election" (always last). As expected about 33% of the 533 respondents chose the "not likely to vote" option. Among the 356 respondents to answer with one of the candidates, the weighted results were as follows:

Gianforte 51%
Quist 41%
Wicks 8%

These results were weighted for sex and age to the percentage of those subgroups who reported voting in the 2014 November CPS survey. The raw results were Gianforte 49%, Quist 42%, Wicks 9%.  Google weighted to the Internet Audience, it is Gianforte 48%, Quist 42%, Wicks 10%.

As I've seen in the other recent Google Surveys of the race (more on this above), there is a huge divide between Eastern and Western Montana: Quist leads by 2 points (weighted)/9 points (unweighted) in Western Montana (n=188); Gianforte leads by 24 points (weighted)/23 points (unweighted) in Eastern Montana (n=160).

Eastern Montana is slightly overrepresented in the poll results. It makes up about 41% of the electorate in your typical election and 46% in the poll. I estimate that controlling for this would cause the poll to move about 2 points toward Quist.

There was no large gender gap in the raw results. Men were about 3 points less likely to choose Quist, but about 4 points more likely to choose Wicks. Suburbanites were much more likely to vote for Quist Q+6 (raw) than Rural residents G+30 (raw). Montana has very few urbanites, according to the poll. 87% of respondents earned $25,000-$49,999 per year, making discerning an income gap difficult.
Babeuf

« Reply #548 on: April 21, 2017, 10:08:22 PM »

Thanks for putting a poll in the field cinyc!

If we take the trend in the Google surveys seriously, then it seems like the attacks on Quist have made an impact. Unfortunate, but not surprising.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #549 on: April 21, 2017, 10:12:58 PM »

Thanks for putting a poll in the field cinyc!

If we take the trend in the Google surveys seriously, then it seems like the attacks on Quist have made an impact. Unfortunate, but not surprising.

Or Google Surveys are trash.  Consider that Castro ran a Google Survey immediately after my Quist +17 likely outlier, and found the race tied.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 119  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies