MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:59:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25  (Read 232765 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« on: March 05, 2017, 05:44:44 PM »

Pretty cool stuff
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 05:53:22 PM »

Excellent. Full support behind him.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 10:08:34 PM »
« Edited: April 04, 2017, 10:19:10 PM by Arch »

Pretty good, actually. One thing I've noticed is that unlike in GA-06, both Gianforte and Quist aren't really trying to nationalize the race.

I think if this were a gubernatorial race, Quist would win fairly handily. He'll have a tougher time winning a House seat, but of course it's still a pure Tossup.

He looks like an excellent candidate. Are you thinking about voting for him?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 05:41:07 PM »

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

This is ridiculous.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 11:57:05 PM »

RIP Gianforte
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2017, 07:38:50 PM »

Reading Gianforte's Wikipedia page:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Is this real? Wow.

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2017, 07:01:14 PM »

Conventional wisdom has Pianoforte winning. My gut says Quist.

Especially with Russiagate gaining steam.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2017, 02:26:59 PM »

Starting to think this might actually happen for Quist now.  The timing is just perfect for him in terms of national news (Russia revelations+AHCA CBO scoring).

Three days ago you said that Quist was basically toast, that he would need a "New Deal-style Democratic wave" to win and that it would be "the early 1930s" or "1866 with the parties reversed all over again" if he somehow won. I love how Atlas is overreacting to this when the race was never going to be an easy win for the GOP.

-Shrug- I've been watching from the sidelines and waiting. What do you think will happen? I remember asking you something around these lines in another thread, but you probably didn't see it.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 07:21:16 PM »

How much of the vote has already been mailed in? Can they rescind their mail-in ballots by voting tomorrow in-person?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 07:33:24 PM »

Yeah, Jacobs is a moron and Gianforte should have ignored him. This was stupid.

Explain how you deduced that from the audio. He asked him a question about healthcare and Gianforte decided to bodyslam him.

i don't think MT Tres' comment about jacobs has anything to do with this chat tonight.

Yeah, Jacobs accused Gianforte of having ties to Russia two weeks ago or so. When you know (like Gianforte or his campaign team should have) that a reporter is that hostile towards you, you either shouldn't take questions from him or at least know how to respond in an appropriate way.

As for whether this will have an impact? Considering that I believe Quist is leading (narrowly) in the early vote, probably. I doubt we will see a MO-SEN 2012 redux, but this is pretty damning for him. All the news stations have picked up on this already. Jesus, this guy was one day away from victory.

Still voting for him?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2017, 09:23:26 AM »

Will NYT have a map up? What will be the best places to track results as they come in tonight?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2017, 09:31:24 PM »

I'm absolutely taken aghast that a Republican can literally bodyslam a reporter and still even have a chance of winning a congressional seat. It's madness.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2017, 09:34:02 PM »

Is all of the early vote in already? How much of what's coming in is today's vote?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2017, 09:38:28 PM »

And Fairfax County just came in! Gianforte took the lead!!!!!!!!!

Wink

How can you be happy about this? :/
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2017, 10:57:18 PM »

If MT chooses to elect a criminal congressman, then they deserve him. It's a sad thing to witness.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2017, 11:00:42 PM »

If MT chooses to elect a criminal congressman, then they deserve him. It's a sad thing to witness.
This is why you lost.

The guy is literally a criminal. I didn't lose. I'm neither running nor voting. The people of MT and the country lost.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2017, 11:21:54 PM »

It says a lot about how low the opinion of the democratic party is in rural areas of middle america when a reality tv star and a man who beats up reporters defeat democrats.

It says more about them than the Democratic party, and what it says is not pretty.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2017, 11:24:04 PM »

Obviously we can't have a reasonable or semi-intelligible conversation about this race other than "lol left wing populism doesn't work" or "shut up DINOs" and other people empty quoting one another. Gross.

Honestly, I'm not sure how we can have an intelligent conversation when one side is literally gloating that an assaulter won a congressional seat.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2017, 11:46:23 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2017, 11:55:52 PM by Arch »

Fellow forum lefties pls stop fighting amongst yourselves and become hardcore misanthropes like me.  Realize that most Americans are terrible

It's hard to not see it that way at times. I wonder if the national culture has really shifted that far from the one that fostered:

1) Japanese-American Internment Camps
2) Trail of Tears
3) Annihilation of Native Americans
4) Colonization and depreciation of territories and citizens therein
5) 9/11 Response
6) Overall regime change
7) Preying on those who need the most

The list can go on and on. There is a serious rot. I was raised Christian, and my parents pretty much taught me the polar opposite of all of that (and they were conservative by PR standards).
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2017, 11:49:59 PM »

Fellow forum lefties pls stop fighting amongst yourselves and become hardcore misanthropes like me.  Realize that most Americans are terrible

It's hard to not see it that way at times. I wonder if the national cultural has really shifted that far from the one that fostered:

1) Japanese-American Internment Camps
2) Trail of Tears
3) Annihilation of Native Americans
4) Colonization and depreciation of territories and citizens therein
5) 9/11 Response
6) Overall regime change
7) Preying on those who need the most

The list can go on and on. There is a serious rot. I was raised Christian, and my parents pretty much taught me the polar opposite of all of that (and they were conservative by PR standards).
Come on Arch. You expect Americans not to be upset over 9/11?

I'll be as nice as possible and point out that I'm referring to the overwhelming failure that was the Iraq war and the "war on terrorism."
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2017, 03:56:02 PM »

MT GOP state rep my friends. Pride!!!
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2017, 03:06:06 PM »

Scum