MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:57:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MT-AL: Rob Quist (D) vs. Greg Gianforte (R) vs. Mark Wicks (L), May 25  (Read 232435 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« on: December 14, 2016, 01:25:35 AM »

So now I wonder who will run.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 06:46:21 AM »

Too many undecided to be reliable.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 04:08:51 PM »

The dem isn't going to win lol
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 06:39:35 AM »
« Edited: March 15, 2017, 06:44:12 AM by Chief Justice windjammer »

Well, it's far from a given that Montana will gain that CD, right now it's really close in all the projections (but IIRC, they said that it's slightly more likely that it won't happen). If it does, Quist has that seat for as long as he wants it.

Unless Fox runs, I'd say Democrats are heavily favored in the 2020 gubernatorial race, so that's a problem. I wish heatcharger was right, but voters don't care how many Democrats there already are in Congress. If the GOP wants to stop Quist and Tester, 2018 will be their best and probably only opportunity. If they can't win either race next year, things will only get worse for them in 2020 IMO.
Fox is going to run. There is no way that he's not a favorite for this election.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 06:15:29 PM »

I'm guessing that this quote is probably pretty representative of their attitude. Which is deeply disappointing, to say the least.

"None of the five contests pose a threat to the Republicans’ majority in the House. Four of the five seats have been under GOP control, and save for Georgia and to a lesser extent, Montana, they’re all but guaranteed to remain red districts in 2017 and beyond.

“It’s not like we lost these districts by 5 points last time,” one Democratic strategist said of Georgia’s 6th District and Montana’s at-large House seat."

Goddamn this party how can a group that made Obama president be so out of touch with the ground noise

To be fair, I'd be shocked if they don't jump in here by mid-to-late April/early May.  At least Quist seems to be winning so far.
To be honest, campaigning doesn't matter a lot. If they jump later, it wouldn't be catastrophic at all
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 07:45:54 PM »

I'm guessing that this quote is probably pretty representative of their attitude. Which is deeply disappointing, to say the least.

"None of the five contests pose a threat to the Republicans’ majority in the House. Four of the five seats have been under GOP control, and save for Georgia and to a lesser extent, Montana, they’re all but guaranteed to remain red districts in 2017 and beyond.

“It’s not like we lost these districts by 5 points last time,” one Democratic strategist said of Georgia’s 6th District and Montana’s at-large House seat."

Goddamn this party how can a group that made Obama president be so out of touch with the ground noise

To be fair, I'd be shocked if they don't jump in here by mid-to-late April/early May.  At least Quist seems to be winning so far.
To be honest, campaigning doesn't matter a lot. If they jump later, it wouldn't be catastrophic at all

All due respect, but you're objectively wrong about this (especially when we're talking about a state like Montana). 
Well, I maintain my words. The results of this election will be driven by the political climate at national elvel. He won't win or lose by spending 20 millions or 2 millions.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 12:18:13 PM »

Well,
Considering the investments I assume Quist is trailing by 5 right now.
I never expected him to win, so a close result or even a victory would be a good surprise.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017, 10:04:52 AM »

I feel good in my +7 gianforte prediction.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2017, 10:20:48 AM »

Where did the moderate Republicans go?

I grew up as a moderate Republican.  The party left us behind long ago.

Same here. Those days are longgggg gone
I mean you are college educated young , difficult to find appealing for you an old WWC party
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 04:23:26 AM »

Updating my prediction following Trump's recent scandals:
Gianforte +4
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2017, 08:00:23 PM »

Too late
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 08:08:52 PM »

I don't know, a third of the electorate is still a lot and those folks tend to be undecideds.
But how many of them will know about this?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2017, 05:50:41 PM »

Is there a reason why Quist is collapsing on PredictIt?
People realizing GG's aggressive behaviour won't kill his campaign?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2017, 09:38:59 AM »

I mean come on, democrats improved by 14 points compared with Hillary. It's not a bad result.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies