NH-GOV 2018: Molly Kelly (D) running
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:16:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NH-GOV 2018: Molly Kelly (D) running
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8
Author Topic: NH-GOV 2018: Molly Kelly (D) running  (Read 26004 times)
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: April 10, 2018, 05:55:07 AM »

I don't have a horse in this race, but I hope Sununu wins just because I know MT Treasurer's reaction will be priceless.
fluffypanther19
United States

« Reply #151 on: April 10, 2018, 08:44:43 AM »

smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #152 on: April 10, 2018, 09:49:21 AM »

Kelly, of course, is very serious candidate. But - easily characterized as "ultraliberal from ultraliberal Keene". What was very good for state Senator, representing very liberal area of the state (her state Senate district was more then 60% for Clinton on 2016, while she got only plurality in the state), may be not so good for governor candidate.
warandwar
United States

« Reply #153 on: April 10, 2018, 11:34:43 AM »

I don't know of anyone who would describe Keene as "ultraliberal."
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #154 on: April 10, 2018, 11:45:03 AM »

And I - know a lot. Almost all my friends would characterize 64 - 31% Clinton city this way. We have different sets of friends))))
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #155 on: April 10, 2018, 02:11:58 PM »

This although it matters to me since I live here lol
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #156 on: April 10, 2018, 02:13:56 PM »

Keene is very liberal by NH standards since we don’t have many areas that vote over 60% for either party. Keene is one of the liberal pockets along with the Portsmouth-Dover-UNH area and the Dartmouth Collehe area
America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #157 on: April 10, 2018, 02:14:15 PM »

To be fair, Sununu is the kind of Republican I'd generally support, but whether I support him or the Democrat depends on who the Democrat is, of course.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #158 on: April 10, 2018, 04:12:45 PM »

But are we sure that by Kelly hailing from Keene will hurt her enough? New Hampshire is no strongly Republican state.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #159 on: April 10, 2018, 07:25:32 PM »

But are we sure that by Kelly hailing from Keene will hurt her enough? New Hampshire is no strongly Republican state.

Isn’t Maggie Hassan from a pretty heavily D town

Newfields I think. Same town as Chris Sununu. It’s an evenly split filthy rich town next to Exeter, near the seacoast
Rhenna
Gabor
United States

« Reply #160 on: April 11, 2018, 09:39:40 AM »

Lean R > Tossup
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #161 on: April 17, 2018, 09:11:24 AM »

Safe D because woman

Parody of Bosse and MT
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #162 on: April 17, 2018, 09:24:24 AM »

I 100% endorse Molly Kelly for Gov!!
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #163 on: April 17, 2018, 09:52:45 AM »

Probably the same people who would describe liberalism as equating to marxism.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #164 on: April 17, 2018, 01:19:22 PM »

What is your honest, most objective opinion on NH-Gov?

Looking at Sununu, I keep getting the feeling that he is on track to be another Baker-type, not necessarily anything to do with his ideology, but being unbeatable even when the environment is very unfavorable. I don't think he's there yet, but I can't help but think that he has potential to be if Democrats don't dislodge him this year. I'd be very sad if that turned out to be true, because I hate his smug grin and the fact that one of his first actions as Governor was to "tighten up" election rules, aka make it harder for Democrats to vote under the guise of BUSSES OF ILLEGAL VOTERS FROM MASSACHUSETTS!

Are you implying that my posts about NH generally aren’t objective? Tongue I’ll admit that I’d love to see Sununu lose to Molly Kelly or whoever they put up because I don’t want him to run for Senate against Shaheen or Hassan (contrary to what all the “experts” think, he’d never manage to win a federal race in NH, but I’m sure the incompetent NRSC would waste an unbelievably large amount of resources there anyway, hurting other Republicans across the country in the process, including in my state). The fact that I don’t consider him some unbeatable juggernaut has nothing at all to do with my hatred of the state or any preconceived opinions and/or attitudes I might have. I’d be absolutely shocked if Sununu managed to replicate Baker’s success — keep in mind that their last Republican governor was voted out of office in a GOP wave year (2004), and even in 2016, Sununu only managed to eke out a narrow victory in spite of the R-friendly national environment, his name recognition and his weak opponent. As far as his ideology and personality are concerned, yeah, I’m pretty much with you on this one. Apparently he’s taken several steps to combat animal cruelty, but that’s about the only good thing there is to say about him or his smug supporters.

Even if you deny that NH has any inherent Democratic tilt whatsoever and believe that it’s an elastic swing/Tossup state susceptive to wild swings, wouldn’t that still make Sununu at least somewhat vulnerable given that 2018 is shaping up to be quite favorable for Dems? I still remember all the hype around “GOP rising star” Kelly Ayotte (who you might remember was considered a stronger candidate than Johnson/Toomey/etc. who could definitely survive a slight/modest Clinton victory, making NH THE bellwether state not only in the presidential race but also in the race for control of the Senate), and we all know how that turned out. Obviously this is a gubernatorial and not a federal race and I won’t rate it Safe D after I underestimated Sununu in 2016 (Likely D seems like an appropriate rating for now, tbh), but I can’t help but think that Sununu is as overrated as Ayotte — sure, he could keep it close, but the road is littered with supposedly “strong” Republican candidates who looked unbeatable at some point but were swept away in a Democratic or even neutral year because they just couldn’t overcome their state’s strong and/or stubborn Democratic lean. I think we’ll see basically the same here.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #165 on: April 19, 2018, 01:13:01 PM »

Are you implying that my posts about NH generally aren’t objective? Tongue

[...]

I just don't know! :*

Thanks for your take!
Spiffy
United States

« Reply #166 on: May 02, 2018, 11:39:02 AM »

Jeanne Shaheen endorses Molly Kelly.

https://twitter.com/wmur9/status/991693179631095809?s=21
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #167 on: May 02, 2018, 02:24:09 PM »

Of course she's endorsing in this race, Sununu is a threat for her reelection campaign in 2020. But, Shaheen is favored anyways.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #168 on: May 02, 2018, 03:00:09 PM »

Of course she's endorsing in this race, Sununu is a threat for her reelection campaign in 2020. But, Shaheen is favored anyways.

Chris should hold off and take down Taxin Hassan in 2022
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #169 on: May 02, 2018, 09:34:02 PM »

Even if Sununu wins reelection this year (which I’ll concede is at least a somewhat conceivable scenario, although I still doubt it happens), there is no way he’s winning a federal race in a state like this, especially against a popular incumbent Democratic Senator. Sorry, but governors' races ≠ Senate races, ESPECIALLY in New England. Shaheen and Hassan are both safe.
If Trump somehow pulls off re-election in 2020 or Pence magically gets elected of his own accord in 2020, I'll agree with you.  Otherwise, no.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #170 on: May 03, 2018, 11:23:03 AM »

Trump won't win the 279 blue wall states WI, PA, NV, VA, CO, NV and NM and Sununu is very much vulnerable. But, Marchard is a better candidate.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #171 on: May 14, 2018, 07:36:33 PM »

I think I found MT Treasurer's favorite ad.

They tried to make me Sununu, but I said Su-No-No-No:

https://youtu.be/8HVJwsMV2Kc
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #172 on: July 22, 2018, 06:19:32 PM »

Interesting, the court does throw her a bone on this issue, but I still personally give the lean to Sununu. But NH is prone to massive flips, and polling on this race is scarce. NH Ds also have an extremely powerful machine/GOTV effort up north that saved a senator in 2014. If polling shows a shift, Ill move it to tossup, but right now, Sununu has the advantage.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #173 on: July 23, 2018, 06:01:19 PM »

I believe that Sununu has put himself in danger territory with that stunt he just pulled. I'm not saying he's leading Kelly now, but I don't believe he's as safe as others may think.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #174 on: July 23, 2018, 06:47:43 PM »

Sununu is safe for another term, when Shaheen is on the ballot in the Fall of 2020, then the Dems can think about taking him out, but he should win about 6 or more.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies