The Generation Z vote (aka new voters) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:30:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The Generation Z vote (aka new voters) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Generation Z vote (aka new voters)  (Read 6661 times)
anthonyjg
anty1691

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -7.48

« on: December 22, 2016, 06:19:43 PM »

Probably a personality thing, at least that's my explanation for a poll that has Obama job approval at +16 and Trump over Clinton at +15.
anthonyjg
anty1691

Political Matrix
E: -8.52, S: -7.48

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 08:05:44 PM »

We'll see in the '20 exit polls among 18-29.

Exit polls for the 18-24 range would be optimal for this test. Depending on your view of generational ranges, it should have anywhere from 2-4 years worth genZ voters I imagine.

Given how Democratic 18-24 year olds were this year and in 2012, how diverse newer generations are and how completely absurdly offensive, incompetent and practically criminal Trump is, one needs to forgive me when I say that I doubt GenZ voters are going to be majority Republican, and probably not even that much less Democratic than 18-24 year old Millennials now. Such a huge rightwards shift in the span of just 4~ years seems highly unlikely.

Virginia, your error is in that you project everything through the prism of your positions and convictions, i.e. you distort everything.

For instance, what is the basis of your claim that Trump is completely absurdly offensive, incompetent and practically criminal? We cannot say that in advance. All we can say now is that Trump is an exceptionally competent businessman and a political and marketing genius. That's undisputable and facts. All else are personal opinions without much basis in reality.

But Trump isn't viewed by the general public as an exceptionally competent businessman, his favorability rating is historically bad. I don't think it's unreasonable to say that young people, who develop their political opinions under an unpopular President Trump, will lean Democratic.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies