The Generation Z vote (aka new voters) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:48:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The Generation Z vote (aka new voters) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Generation Z vote (aka new voters)  (Read 6649 times)
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« on: January 02, 2017, 07:04:34 PM »

We'll see in the '20 exit polls among 18-29.

Exit polls for the 18-24 range would be optimal for this test. Depending on your view of generational ranges, it should have anywhere from 2-4 years worth genZ voters I imagine.

Given how Democratic 18-24 year olds were this year and in 2012, how diverse newer generations are and how completely absurdly offensive, incompetent and practically criminal Trump is, one needs to forgive me when I say that I doubt GenZ voters are going to be majority Republican, and probably not even that much less Democratic than 18-24 year old Millennials now. Such a huge rightwards shift in the span of just 4~ years seems highly unlikely.

Virginia, your error is in that you project everything through the prism of your positions and convictions, i.e. you distort everything.

For instance, what is the basis of your claim that Trump is completely absurdly offensive, incompetent and practically criminal? We cannot say that in advance. All we can say now is that Trump is an exceptionally competent businessman and a political and marketing genius. That's undisputable and facts. All else are personal opinions without much basis in reality.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 01:01:36 AM »
« Edited: January 03, 2017, 01:03:23 AM by Ljube »

Virginia, I already posted about all those examples and discredited your interpretation.

For instance, he wasn't mocking a disabled journalist, he was mocking a hack who happens to be disabled. In other words, he wasn't mocking his physical appearance, but his character.

Obviously, you and I live in two different worlds. I believe that my world is the world of reality and yours is one of fantasy, created by your own delusions and reinforced by the bubble you live in. However, I expect that the number of people inhabiting your world will decrease in the next couple of years, so that by the time the election 2020 comes, Trump will be able to win in a landslide.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 01:14:57 AM »

Honestly, this election has almost made me give up on religion, or at the veey least stop going to church. The absurd number of evangelicals who acted like Trump was their savior and somehow justified all this sh**t was downright sickening. It made me realize that being religious has limited impact, if any, on someone's moral compass.

What sh**t? All complaints against Trump are coming from the PC police.
PC police accusations are sh**t. And normal people are sick and tired of PC police.

Trump is telling it like it is. That's the biggest part of his appeal.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies