U.N Security Council passes resolution Israeli settlements; the U.S doesn't veto
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:01:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  U.N Security Council passes resolution Israeli settlements; the U.S doesn't veto
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: U.N Security Council passes resolution Israeli settlements; the U.S doesn't veto  (Read 3765 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2016, 08:33:23 PM »

And if some nation or third-party actor decides to nuke Israel, why on earth would they use missiles instead of shipping containers, trucks or boats?
Because this is the real world, not a Tom Clancy novel. If Israel doesn't already subject its imports to radiological screening, I'd be shocked. Even tho no one who might want to send Israel an atomic bomb could do so yet, there are quite a few who could make and send a dirty bomb.
JJC

« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2016, 01:58:02 AM »

Shadows arrogance, borderline antisemitism and flat out ignorance is adorable and amusing, in a way.

It's like when you read lefty blogs where half the comments are about how racist/sexist republicans are, and the other half are about how disgusting/horrible/hateful white men are.

And not a single one spots the hypocrisy.

The hypocrisy of a government made up overwhelmingly of rich white men claiming to represent everyone?

It's almost like the overwhelming majority of the country is white, and that people who get elected have generally been successful in other areas of living.

I mean, what's your argument here? Should we put homeless bums in charge? Do away with voting and hire people based not on skill but skin color and gender? Do you even think out your positions before you post?

A couple of minutes upon self reflection and you'll find that everything you believe in fundamentally breaks down due to common sense.

You do realize that white people are still overrepresented in Congress even if you consider Hispanic-identifying White Americans to be in the same category as non-Hispanic White Americans?

Even better, realize how he blew past "men" and utterly ignored it, without even thinking about what he was doing.

And then realize that he (again, without any signs of thought) considers wealth (including, apparently inherited wealth) and success to be complete equivalents.

I couldn't have come up with a better example of the problem. Thanks JJC!

The males of the pack go out hunting for food. They are the herd's providers and defenders.

The females of the pack care for the children. They are the herd's nurturers.

This is basic biology. Men are more likely to lead than women. Testosterone vs estrogen.

This is not some 'patriarch conspiracy'. This is just nature. Given the rapid technological development of society (thanks to capitalism, which I'm sure you oppose because it works), caring for children is no longer as much of a time consuming strain as it used to be, and gathering food for the family is also much easier (just head on down to the super market). Also, 'hard labor' is no longer as hard as it used to be, because of the increase in automation and better tools.

Which is why we see a rise in females taking up tasks that used to be exclusively male oriented, including leading groups of people.

There are some things that are still dominated by men, like construction work. How many women do you see in construction? How many women do you think apply for construction work?

But in your world this is evidence of sexism.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2016, 02:03:04 AM »

So is the opposition party of Israel also anti-Semitic? Because they agree with the UN's ruling.
Buchner self hating Jewish Nazi's!
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2016, 05:24:17 AM »

Shadows arrogance, borderline antisemitism and flat out ignorance is adorable and amusing, in a way.

It's like when you read lefty blogs where half the comments are about how racist/sexist republicans are, and the other half are about how disgusting/horrible/hateful white men are.

And not a single one spots the hypocrisy.

The hypocrisy of a government made up overwhelmingly of rich white men claiming to represent everyone?

It's almost like the overwhelming majority of the country is white, and that people who get elected have generally been successful in other areas of living.

I mean, what's your argument here? Should we put homeless bums in charge? Do away with voting and hire people based not on skill but skin color and gender? Do you even think out your positions before you post?

A couple of minutes upon self reflection and you'll find that everything you believe in fundamentally breaks down due to common sense.

You do realize that white people are still overrepresented in Congress even if you consider Hispanic-identifying White Americans to be in the same category as non-Hispanic White Americans?

Even better, realize how he blew past "men" and utterly ignored it, without even thinking about what he was doing.

And then realize that he (again, without any signs of thought) considers wealth (including, apparently inherited wealth) and success to be complete equivalents.

I couldn't have come up with a better example of the problem. Thanks JJC!

The males of the pack go out hunting for food. They are the herd's providers and defenders.

The females of the pack care for the children. They are the herd's nurturers.

This is basic biology. Men are more likely to lead than women. Testosterone vs estrogen.

This is not some 'patriarch conspiracy'. This is just nature. Given the rapid technological development of society (thanks to capitalism, which I'm sure you oppose because it works), caring for children is no longer as much of a time consuming strain as it used to be, and gathering food for the family is also much easier (just head on down to the super market). Also, 'hard labor' is no longer as hard as it used to be, because of the increase in automation and better tools.

Which is why we see a rise in females taking up tasks that used to be exclusively male oriented, including leading groups of people.

There are some things that are still dominated by men, like construction work. How many women do you see in construction? How many women do you think apply for construction work?

But in your world this is evidence of sexism.

Look, I know in Texas the textbooks say that Jesus personally killed the dinosaurs so there would be more oil to drill, but please don't inflict the rest of us with your shoddy understanding of biology.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2016, 07:09:21 AM »

The likehood if Iran initiating the first nuclear strike (assuming they got the nukes) is ridiculously small. I'd be worried about the Saudis, though, not because of current leadership but because the state is a perfect candidate to destabilize and disintegrate rapidly.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2016, 10:38:41 AM »
« Edited: December 29, 2016, 10:58:10 AM by Gass3268 »

So is the opposition party of Israel also anti-Semitic? Because they agree with the UN's ruling.

Or a majority of American Jews?

Also from former Prime Minister/Defense Minister Ehud Barak:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2016, 12:25:35 PM »

None of these polls mean anything unless they include the actual US-supported language declaring eastern Jerusalem and the Western Wall to be illegally occupied.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2017, 05:23:10 PM »

Obama really disappointed me with this decision. It sounds like nothing more than spite and a nod to the Democratic Party's increasing anti-Israel posture.

I'll say it: Israel has an unabridged right to its territories, including Jerusalem, the West Bank, and the entirety of Israel. It is further in the interests of the United States to favor one of the few allies in the region that favors our success in the War on Radical Islam and has a population that supports our victory unconditionally.

There is absolutely no reason to cede any of these territories to the Palestinians, a group of people that could be homed by any of the Gulf State peoples or any of the Arabic nations around Israel. I am not for a two state solution; I am for a one state solution, named Israel. 
If nothing else, one has to admire this post for honestly stating what many Israeli nationalists and their supporters want but are (for now) don't dare to state openly: complete annexation of the West Bank and full ethnic cleansing of the Palestinians.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2017, 05:38:22 PM »

Obama really disappointed me with this decision. It sounds like nothing more than spite and a nod to the Democratic Party's increasing anti-Israel posture.

I'll say it: Israel has an unabridged right to its territories, including Jerusalem, the West Bank, and the entirety of Israel. It is further in the interests of the United States to favor one of the few allies in the region that favors our success in the War on Radical Islam and has a population that supports our victory unconditionally.

There is absolutely no reason to cede any of these territories to the Palestinians, a group of people that could be homed by any of the Gulf State peoples or any of the Arabic nations around Israel. I am not for a two state solution; I am for a one state solution, named Israel. 
If nothing else, one has to admire this post for honestly stating what many Israeli nationalists and their supporters want but are (for now) don't dare to state openly: complete annexation of the West Bank and full ethnic cleansing of the Palestinians.

Like I said, the ongoing attempts by leftists to fictionalize a coming Israeli-perpetrated genocide that never actually seems to happen, because "this clearly means something has to be DONE!!!" is genuinely disturbing and very reminiscent of the way throughout history the Jews are supposedly always thisclose to our secret, evil nefarious plot and thus must be dealt with.
GMantis
Dessie Potter
Junior Chimp
Bulgaria

« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2017, 01:38:29 AM »

Like I said, the ongoing attempts by leftists to fictionalize a coming Israeli-perpetrated genocide that never actually seems to happen, because "this clearly means something has to be DONE!!!" is genuinely disturbing and very reminiscent of the way throughout history the Jews are supposedly always thisclose to our secret, evil nefarious plot and thus must be dealt with.
No one is talking about genocide here. Just the deportation of the Palestinians from the West Bank. And while this scenario is for now indeed mostly discussed on the Internet, there are in fact high ranking Israelis who have already openly stated support for such plans. And if Israel's current policy continues, this plan will only become more popular.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies