A New ASOIF Game
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:14:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  A New ASOIF Game
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A New ASOIF Game  (Read 387 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 01, 2017, 01:35:09 PM »

With Lumine's The Iron Throne on pause due to his computer issues, I've decided to look into starting my own ASOIF game to fill the void, if there is interest. I'm open to several starting points for the game, including but not limited to:

The War of the Ninepenny Kings - 260 AC - Faced with an invasion from across the narrow sea, King Jaehaerys II must rally his banners to respond and save his realm. His Lords may have other ideas.

The Reyne-Tarbeck Rebellions - 261 AC - Two unruly lesser Houses rise up to challenge the Lannisters in the westerlands, possibly spelling the end of the Lions of Casterly Rock and encouraging other rebellions within the Seven Kingdoms.

The Defiance of Duskendale - 277 AC - After attempting to force House Darklyn into submission, King Aerys II is taken hostage. How will the Lords of the Realm, the Kingsguard, and King's Landing respond?

The Greyjoy Rebellion - 289 AC - Sensing instability in the new Baratheon King, Balon Greyjoy declared independence from the Iron Throne. As King Robert tries to rally his banners, how will they respond?

Let me know if there's interest in another ASOIF game, if you like any of the starting points above, or if you have any other ideas.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 02:15:22 PM »

Any of these, aside from Duskendale, sound really interesting. Greyjoy rebellion would be first, followed closely by the Ninepenny Kings.
Dereich
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 02:56:21 PM »

It's more important what you think than what we think. These games live or die based on the GM's willingness and/or ability to keep them going. The one thing I'd note with these is that some of them would require a good deal of GM creativity and innovation to keep interesting. With Balon's rebellion, for example, it's hard to see it going a different way. The Stark-Arryn-Tully alliance would never abandon Robert and all the leaders of those houses have an ironclad legitimacy. Robert was also blessed with Stannis's military prowess, Renly's political skills, and Cersei (and thus Tywin). Added with Balon's stupidity and lack of charm needed to gain allies and you get one of the most lopsided wars imaginable. I say go for whichever one you feel most confident you can make a good game.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 10:20:57 PM »

With Lumine's game back up and running, I'll put this on the back burner.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies