Which candidates would remain after Super Tuesday?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:58:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Which candidates would remain after Super Tuesday?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which of the following potential candidates would remain after Super Tuesday?
Joe Biden

Cory Booker

Julian Castro

Andrew Cuomo

Tulsi Gabbard

Jason Kander

Martin O'Malley

Deval Patrick

Tom Steyer

Elizabeth Warren

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Which candidates would remain after Super Tuesday?  (Read 370 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 02, 2017, 12:19:10 AM »
« edited: January 02, 2017, 12:34:48 AM by Jacobin American »

Most candidates have, historically, dropped out of the race following the results of Super Tuesday. Knowing this, I think of the ones listed above, Joe Biden, Cory Booker, and Elizabeth Warren would be the 3 candidates remaining after Super Tuesday.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 12:25:48 AM »

I'm confused about what this is asking.  Are we supposed to assume that this is the field of candidates who are running at the beginning of the year?  Because whether someone drops out or not depends on who they're running against, so I guess you mean that these are the 10 people running at the beginning in this scenario, rather than some other hypothetical field of candidates they might be running against?
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 12:33:49 AM »

I'm confused about what this is asking.  Are we supposed to assume that this is the field of candidates who are running at the beginning of the year?  Because whether someone drops out or not depends on who they're running against, so I guess you mean that these are the 10 people running at the beginning in this scenario, rather than some other hypothetical field of candidates they might be running against?

Yes, this is the entire candidate field when voting begins in the first state. The question is simply which candidates of this 10 candidate field will remain following the voting results of Super Tuesday.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 01:34:47 AM »

Oh, come on! This is 2017. We don't even know who the candidates are, the state of the race etc, let alone enough to make a passable prediction(even if we did, we'd probably get it wrong)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 01:52:02 AM »

I think people will have realized by then how awful Gabbard and Cuomo are. Kander is a state SOS, not sure why he's running in the first place. Castro, Steyer, O'Malley, and Patrick would all fizzle out.

Biden seems too important to go quietly. The progressive wing has to rally behind someone and the only one left is Warren. Booker would represent the establishment wing with support from most African-Americans. So, Biden, Warren, and Booker, with Booker probably on track to win. I could see myself supporting Booker or Warren.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2017, 02:07:12 PM »

Booker and Warren
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length