The SoFA Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 04:32:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The SoFA Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: The SoFA Thread  (Read 14113 times)
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2005, 10:46:57 PM »

Lewis is recognized by the SDP as being a member. I think he even participated in our convention.

Well then he should keep better track of his party registrations Wink

Anyway, I'll list him as SDP/Lew, is that a good compromise? Smiley

Sure Tongue
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2005, 10:59:46 PM »

What can I say, there's not been that many changes Tongue

What can I say, update those changes there have been.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2005, 03:34:26 AM »

Given that we are approaching the election, I think it would be a good idea if we can correct any errors/oversights sooner rather than during the election.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2005, 07:03:59 AM »

OK, it's updated on my computer, and will be re-uploaded tonight.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2005, 11:26:05 AM »
« Edited: October 11, 2005, 12:26:57 PM by Frodo »

Just a few things regarding the Voter Registration List -Mr. Hobbes has registered in California as a member of the Christian Democratic Party; Josh22 is no longer a member of the party and is now an independent.  Could you make these changes to the Voter rolls?   
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2005, 03:49:16 PM »

Just a few things regarding the Voter Registration List -Mr. Hobbes has registered in California as a member of the Christian Democratic Party; Josh22 is no longer a member of the party and is now an independent.  Could you make these changes to the Voter rolls?   

Yes, I made them on my computer just like I said the post above you >P

Aaaaand... now they're uploaded.  Hopefully.  t35.com was having some problems a few minutes earlier, so tell me if they don't seem different.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2005, 03:56:32 PM »

Note: The filing deadline for the October 21-23 election is 0:00 EST Friday, not 0:00 EST today, as I erroneously stated before.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2005, 04:08:48 PM »

Winfield, StatesRights and John F Kennedy at the least should not be listed as "new" voters because they are not.

Article V, Section 2, Clause 6
Any registered voter who fails to vote in elections for four months, and any first-time registrant who fails to vote in the first scheduled Senate elections for which he is qualified to vote shall have his registration no longer considered valid. This clause shall not be construed to deny a forum user the right to register anew.

The difference is one that was fully intended - One of the key problems when I wrote the Second Constitution was the fact that many of Flyers' district-packing scheme voters were hanging onto the voter rolls for an awfully long period of time. Since any further attempts to bus voters onto the rolls would be mostly with first-time registrants, it was decided that first time registrants should have to vote in their first election, or face deletion. Persons returning to the voter rolls were generally considered to be much more likely to have good activity, and thus a deletion for missing their first "new" election was not thought warranted.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2005, 02:22:12 AM »

Given that we are approaching the election, I think it would be a good idea if we can correct any errors/oversights sooner rather than during the election.

I have been keeping a separate voter roll myself, just in case the sofa's one has too many flaws come election time.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2005, 05:31:05 PM »

Just coming to check up on my predecessor.

How's Ike doing?  Not as good as I did as SOFA, I'm sure, but is he doing an okay job, at least?
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2005, 05:39:20 PM »

Not in the least Smiley
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2005, 07:24:25 PM »

How's Ike doing?  Not as good as I did as SOFA, I'm sure, but is he doing an okay job, at least?

Steve, we need to back to clean up Atlasia!
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2005, 07:49:47 PM »

Rolls have been updated *again* to take into account Rin-Chan (who has the activity description of 'new+', meaning she's new and cannot vote in the next election) and Pete Bell's explanation of why Winfield, StatesRights, and JFK should not be counted as 'new' Smiley
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2005, 08:07:35 PM »

Yes, but I seem to be the only one to think so Tongue (just kidding.)
WiseGuy

« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2005, 06:07:18 AM »

While we're on the subject, could we go back to having the voter lists posted directly on the forum?  My laptop doesn't have Excel and this is the one I'm on in the early mornings when I usually need the voter list.  It's on my other computers, but I figured there were others here who don't have the program at all and need an alternative source.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2005, 06:27:26 AM »

Hope this helps, Dubya:

* Voters by Name
* Voters by Party
* Voters by State
* Voters by Region
* Voters by District
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2005, 06:56:21 AM »

Thanks Ebowed Smiley
WiseGuy

« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2005, 08:27:09 AM »

I only have one compliant; the names are a little smashed together, but other then that it's OK.  Thanks a lot Ebowed!
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2005, 01:27:53 PM »

Will we be getting an early posting of the ballot so that we can all endlessly criticise it?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2005, 03:01:43 PM »

Will we be getting an early posting of the ballot so that we can all endlessly criticise it?

See the absentee ballot thread, with fancy instructions Smiley
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: October 18, 2005, 03:04:05 PM »

Its the fancy instructions I'm particularly worried about.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #96 on: October 18, 2005, 03:07:48 PM »

Its the fancy instructions I'm particularly worried about.

I'll just copy the last voting booth's instructions, except I'll have excrutiatingly painful marquees which show the voting booth opening/closing times in several different time zones, as apparently bolded and large text isn't enough for some people Tongue
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2005, 01:10:59 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2005, 01:22:35 PM by sofa ilikeverin »

Here's what the ballot is probably going to look like (unless you notice any glaring mistakes), though it will be posted by DSoFA Alcon, as he will probably be on to lock/unlock the thread.

In Dave We Trust
This election is being conducted in accordance with the Unified Electoral Code.  An excellent explanation of the procedure may be found here: General Advice to Voters.

NO CAMPAIGNING IN THIS THREAD.

CHECK YOUR VOTES BEFORE SUBMITTING... MODIFYING YOUR VOTE IN ANY WAY INVALIDATES IT.

DO NOT VOTE BEFORE 0:00 (12:00 AM) EASTERN STANDARD TIME, FRIDAY, OCTOBER 21.  DO NOT VOTE AFTER 23:59:59 (11:59:59 PM) EASTERN STANDARD TIME, SUNDAY, OCTOBER 23.
That is Thu 8:00 PM Anchorage, Thu 9:00 PM Seattle, Thu 10:00 PM Denver, Thu 11:00 PM Chicago, Fri 12:00 AM New York, Fri 5:00 AM London, Fri 6:00 AM Berlin, Fri 7:00 AM Helsinki, Fri 9:30 AM New Delhi, Fri 1:00 PM Tokyo, Fri 2:00 PM Melbourne to before Sun 8:00 PM Anchorage, Sun 9:00 PM Seattle, Sun 10:00 PM Denver, Sun 11:00 PM Chicago, Mon 12:00 AM New York, Mon 5:00 AM London, Mon 6:00 AM Berlin, Mon 7:00 AM Helsinki, Mon 9:30 AM New Delhi, Mon 1:00 PM Tokyo, Mon 2:00 PM Melbourne
Voting is conducted using preferential voting.  Rank the candidates in order of preference.  If your first preference does not receive enough votes, your vote will be counted for your second preference.  Candidates are eliminated until one candidate has a majority of votes.  You are not required to rank all of the candidates in any vote that applies to you.  If you do not wish to cast a first preference vote for a ballot candidate or write-in a choice, you may select None of the Above.

Sample ballot:

1) Your Mom
2) Write-in: Your Dog
3) Your Dad
4) Your Little Brother

To be elegible to vote, you must have registered to vote 10 days before the election starts (0:00/12:00 AM October 11), and must have made 25 posts since 0:00/12:00 AM August 26.

Presidential Election
Dubya/htmldon
Emsworth/Q
Jesus/Lewis Trondheim
Joe Republic/Defarge
King/Write-in VP
LiberalPA/skybridge
Mike Naso/Write-in VP
Supersoulty/Frodo

Senatorial Elections
Northeast Senate
Colin Wixted
Kevin

States in the Northeast: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware

Mideast Senate
Akno21
MasterJedi

States in the Mideast: Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia, West Virginia, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri, Ohio

Southeast Senate
Jake
ThePrezMex

States in the Southeast: North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas

Midwest Senate
CheeseWhiz
DanielX

States in the Midwest: Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado

Pacific Senate
hughento
True Independent

States in the Pacific: New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, California, Alaska, Hawaii

Thanks for voting Smiley
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2005, 01:20:27 PM »

States in the Mideast: Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia, West Virginia, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri

*Ahem*  Forgetting something?  Angry
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2005, 01:21:53 PM »

States in the Mideast: Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia, West Virginia, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri

*Ahem*  Forgetting something?  Angry

Ohio does not exist, you silly Angry
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies