The blue wall (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:41:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The blue wall (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The blue wall  (Read 1255 times)
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 02, 2017, 10:36:59 PM »

MN is clearly not part of any wall. The rest seem about right, though if Trump governs moderately he could flip some of the northeastern ones.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 02:19:42 AM »

I think that there really is a (smaller) blue wall, but it consists of Hawaii, California, Oregon, Washington state, Minnesota, Illinois, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington, D.C.

What do you guys think?

There is a smaller blue wall, but it does not include Minnesota, Delaware, Connecticut and Rhode Island.

I think CT and DE are solid D in presidential elections. RI and NJ I think would be winnable for a popular Trump.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 04:12:20 PM »

MN is clearly not part of any wall. The rest seem about right, though if Trump governs moderately he could flip some of the northeastern ones.

I can't imagine him flipping any states in the northeast aside from Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, and Maine.

NJ, RI and perhaps DE are flippable if he does well (wins by an Obama 2008 margin). Some have argued CT, but I'm not as sure on that one.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 07:45:50 PM »

Trump was poorly received in the west in general, therefore the west coast states are the least likely blue ones to flip for him.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies