VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:03:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 73
Author Topic: VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th)  (Read 159899 times)
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1050 on: October 17, 2017, 01:11:41 PM »

49 R - 37 D primary voting history split? JUNK POLL! The June primaries had a 60 D - 40 R split.

The general election turnout is not going to be D+20, sorry.

That is far from the point I was making, but you're Wulfric, so I'm not gonna even bother spelling it out.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1051 on: October 17, 2017, 01:14:03 PM »

49 R - 37 D primary voting history split? JUNK POLL! The June primaries had a 60 D - 40 R split.

That is far from the point I was making, but you're Wulfric, so I'm not gonna even bother spelling it out.

Well, when you simply list the turnout difference and then say Junk Poll, the only reasonable interpretation of your post is you expect a D+20 Turnout. I'm sorry, I can't read your mind.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1052 on: October 17, 2017, 01:17:37 PM »

Dems losing this governorship would hopefully force them go through a lot of soul-searching to remake the party. So far they've mostly avoided this by blaming 2016 on Comey and Russia, which, regardless of its validity, is like the republicans blaming Sandy for 2012. MAYBE things would have worked out without those components, but what should be focused on is the elements that allowed the race to get to the point where small external factors decided the outcome.

Your normalcy bias is why our politics are so screwed up. Go look at the ads Gillespie is running and your biggest takeaway is the Dems need to do soul-searching.

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1053 on: October 17, 2017, 01:17:47 PM »

Well, when you simply list the turnout difference and then say Junk Poll, the only reasonable interpretation of your post is you expect a D+20 Turnout. I'm sorry, I can't read your mind.

That's not how I interpreted his post. The point I thought he was trying to make was that the actual primary electorate was so far in the other direction that it makes this poll too unreliable. Their sample envisioned an unlikely electorate, given the primary turnout and the differences in voter enthusiasm since Trump took office.
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #1054 on: October 17, 2017, 01:18:17 PM »

Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1055 on: October 17, 2017, 01:22:21 PM »

Dems losing this governorship would hopefully force them go through a lot of soul-searching to remake the party. So far they've mostly avoided this by blaming 2016 on Comey and Russia, which, regardless of its validity, is like the republicans blaming Sandy for 2012. MAYBE things would have worked out without those components, but what should be focused on is the elements that allowed the race to get to the point where small external factors decided the outcome.

Your normalcy bias is why our politics are so screwed up. Go look at the ads Gillespie is running and your biggest takeaway is the Dems need to do soul-searching.

Outside of particularly egregious cases, I don't rescind endorsements based solely on problematic ad tactics. For every GOP ad that could be viewed as unethical, there is a DEM ad that could be viewed as unethical.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1056 on: October 17, 2017, 01:24:56 PM »

Outside of particularly egregious cases, I don't rescind endorsements based solely on problematic ad tactics. For every GOP ad that could be viewed as unethical, there is a DEM ad that could be viewed as unethical.

And Wulfric proves my point...
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #1057 on: October 17, 2017, 01:28:39 PM »

That's not how I interpreted his post. The point I thought he was trying to make was that the actual primary electorate was so far in the other direction that it makes this poll too unreliable. Their sample envisioned an unlikely electorate, given the primary turnout and the differences in voter enthusiasm since Trump took office.

Additionally, this poll has a 77% white crosstab. For comparison, the 2014 white share in VA was 70%. 2017 will quite clearly be a better environment for Democrats than 2014, and Virginia isn't getting any whiter.

Although yes, it is somewhat imperative that AA turnout not collapse for some reason, and I hope recent events combined with an Obama campaign event prevents that.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1058 on: October 17, 2017, 01:31:40 PM »

Interesting Gillespie surged in western Virginia and eastern Virginia up slightly in central Virginia down in northern Virginia.
The polls says that the MS-13 ad is working.

The samples are completely different this time around (+2% more repubs than dems; in 2016, it was +7% more dems than repubs). This poll is actually showing that Northam is up among independents. A few months ago Northam was consistently losing independents.
Don't forget that Virginia polls overestimate the dems look at 2006 2013 2014 Wink

But were dead on correct in 2016.
I know but off Elections always underestimate the republicans last poll that Gillespie had a lead i believe was march or April so this is th first that's different also interesting barely any undecided voters.

off Elections don't underestimate Republicans.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #1059 on: October 17, 2017, 01:41:39 PM »

Interesting Gillespie surged in western Virginia and eastern Virginia up slightly in central Virginia down in northern Virginia.

The samples are completely different this time around (+2% more repubs than dems; in 2016, it was +7% more dems than repubs). This poll is actually showing that Northam is up among independents. A few months ago Northam was consistently losing independents.
Don't forget that Virginia polls overestimate the dems look at 2006 2013 2014 Wink

I know but off Elections always underestimate the republicans last poll that Gillespie had a lead i believe was march or April so this is th first that's different also interesting barely any undecided voters.

I ment off Election polls under estimate the republicans.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #1060 on: October 17, 2017, 01:45:33 PM »

This poll overestimate Republicans. Republicans will not outnumber Democrats voter share on election day.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1061 on: October 17, 2017, 01:55:45 PM »

Also preparing my "Don't Blame Me, I Supported Perriello" signature.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1062 on: October 17, 2017, 01:56:32 PM »

No one cares.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #1063 on: October 17, 2017, 01:58:15 PM »

Alright I'm gonna offer my #HotTake.

The race appears to be tightening to an MOE race, but Northam still has a slight edge. Tossup/Tilt D, Northam should win, but Gillespie certainly has a chance
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1064 on: October 17, 2017, 02:03:02 PM »

No one cares.

You cared enough to reply. Sorry you keep supporting boring losers over the smart choice.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1065 on: October 17, 2017, 02:04:24 PM »

According to what?
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #1066 on: October 17, 2017, 02:06:16 PM »

And Perriello lost to said boring loser after having the entire D.C. establishment + Bernie cult behind him Grin
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1067 on: October 17, 2017, 02:08:23 PM »

No one cares.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1068 on: October 17, 2017, 02:13:40 PM »

No one cares.

You cared enough to reply. Sorry you keep supporting boring losers over the smart choice.

Every race cannot be turned into a proxy war over the last Democratic presidential primary.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1069 on: October 17, 2017, 02:31:56 PM »
« Edited: October 17, 2017, 02:40:12 PM by Virginia »

No one cares.

Every race cannot be turned into a proxy war over the last Democratic presidential primary.

I agree, I just support whoever I view as the best candidate. Northam could've taken the stage with Bernie 100 times and it wouldn't have made him any less of a limp candidate.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1070 on: October 17, 2017, 02:44:16 PM »

It'll be hard to spin if Democrats blow this one. I don't see that happening though.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #1071 on: October 17, 2017, 02:53:13 PM »

No one cares.

I agree, I just support whoever I view as the best candidate. Northam could've taken the stage with Bernie 100 times and it wouldn't have made him any less of a limp candidate.
You do realize outside of Charlottesville Bernie campaigning for northam would hurt him right
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #1072 on: October 17, 2017, 03:06:18 PM »

Okay so everyone remember this poll https://mobile.twitter.com/VictoriaRsch/status/913860665982545921

Yea I think we all misjudged that poll I put it as junk since no one knew who she is or anything I'm changing my mind that's probably a real poll.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1073 on: October 17, 2017, 03:18:29 PM »

Okay so everyone remember this poll https://mobile.twitter.com/VictoriaRsch/status/913860665982545921

Yea I think we all misjudged that poll I put it as junk since no one knew who she is or anything I'm changing my mind that's probably a real poll.

Based on what? Don't be ridiculous.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #1074 on: October 17, 2017, 03:20:00 PM »

No one cares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F-lYM1YzBs
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 73  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies