VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:16:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 73
Author Topic: VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th)  (Read 160708 times)
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1075 on: October 17, 2017, 03:24:02 PM »

Also preparing my "Don't Blame Me, I Supported Perriello" signature.

No one cares.

You cared enough to reply. Sorry you keep supporting boring losers over the smart choice.

Every race cannot be turned into a proxy war over the last Democratic presidential primary.

Oh, but it can my dear friend.

In a multiparty system, the "Sanders Wing" and the "Clinton Wing" could go their separate ways as different parties while forming a center-left coalition. However, since we have two major, big-tent parties, both wings will continue to have catfights every election as they play the blame game every primary and general election. This will continue until we see a "compromise candidate", which is one that I believe does not exist at the moment.

Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #1076 on: October 17, 2017, 03:44:09 PM »

Okay so everyone remember this poll https://mobile.twitter.com/VictoriaRsch/status/913860665982545921

Yea I think we all misjudged that poll I put it as junk since no one knew who she is or anything I'm changing my mind that's probably a real poll.

Based on what? Don't be ridiculous.
Every single Poll out today was closer then the last polls they put out
And for the past 45 days or so you have been hearing how people don't like northam and dems being worried that he is to bland
Also people for the past 3 months have said internal polls showed it being closer then public polls.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1077 on: October 17, 2017, 03:53:02 PM »

Okay so everyone remember this poll https://mobile.twitter.com/VictoriaRsch/status/913860665982545921

Yea I think we all misjudged that poll I put it as junk since no one knew who she is or anything I'm changing my mind that's probably a real poll.

And for the past 45 days or so you have been hearing how people don't like northam and dems being worried that he is to bland
Also people for the past 3 months have said internal polls showed it being closer then public polls.

And the poll was conducted by a complete nobody with no information released, and it was nearly a month old when it was already posted.

I know your party is all anti-facts/science and all, but this is a whole new level.
HST1948

« Reply #1078 on: October 17, 2017, 04:01:09 PM »

That's actually not true about every poll being closer today ... Northam's lead went up from +4 to +6 in the Roanoke Collage poll today
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #1079 on: October 17, 2017, 04:02:08 PM »

And the poll was conducted by a complete nobody with no information released, and it was nearly a month old when it was already posted.

I know your party is all anti-facts/science and all, but this is a whole new level.
How am I anti-facts and science ?
Is it because I'm pro life? Is it because I don't believe in fake polls with northam leading by 12?
Is it because I don't trust post polls since 2016 I mean look at Wisconsin not 1 poll the entire election said trump would win there Ron Johnson only led in 1 poll the final 6 weeks
Pennsylvania pat toomey was falling in the polls the final week he still won.
What do you mean about the me and the GOP being anti-facts?
HST1948

« Reply #1080 on: October 17, 2017, 04:09:08 PM »

Is it because I'm pro life? Is it because I don't believe in fake polls with northam leading by 12?
Is it because I don't trust post polls since 2016 I mean look at Wisconsin not 1 poll the entire election said trump would win there Ron Johnson only led in 1 poll the final 6 weeks

Please double check facts before you post... leading up to the 2016 Wisconsin Senate race there were more than 4 polls showing a Johnson lead including ones of >4% points, and at least 2 additional ones showing him tied. Johnson winning wasn't a shock.

As for your prior post, again, Northam's lead in the Roanoke College poll went up from +4 to +6. His lead in the CNU Poll went down by 3 and obviously he went down significant in the mannomouth poll.

I don't care who you vote for or what your opinions are on abortion/contraception, just please double check facts before positing.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #1081 on: October 17, 2017, 04:15:24 PM »

Please double check facts before you post... leading up to the 2016 Wisconsin Senate race there were more than 4 polls showing a Johnson lead including ones of >4% points, and at least 2 additional ones showing him tied. Johnson winning wasn't a shock.

As for your prior post, again, Northam's lead in the Roanoke College poll went up from +4 to +6. His lead in the CNU Poll went down by 3 and obviously he went down significant in the mannomouth poll.

I don't care who you vote for or what your opinions are on abortion/contraception, just please double check facts before positing.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/senate/wi/wisconsin_senate_johnson_vs_feingold-3740.html#polls Only 1 poll with Johnson up
HST1948

« Reply #1082 on: October 17, 2017, 04:21:08 PM »

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/senate/wi/wisconsin_senate_johnson_vs_feingold-3740.html#polls Only 1 poll with Johnson up

Do a little more research an you will find that 3 survey monkey polls leading up to the election (which had the largest survey sample size and one of the smallest MOE) found Johnson up and an additional one or two found him tied. Links to each poll are available on the 2016 WI Senate Election Wikipage, and I believe though 538 (not sure if they are still there or not, but I checked and still available on wiki).
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1083 on: October 17, 2017, 11:37:43 PM »

At this point, all I can say for certain is this: the race won't be called until several hours after the polls close. Gillespie will likely take an early lead as the results start to pour in and hold on to that lead for hours, but as the percentage of precincts reporting approaches 100, Northam will chip away at Gillespie's lead until such time the race is officially called.
Keep cool-idge
United States

« Reply #1084 on: October 17, 2017, 11:49:53 PM »

At this point, all I can say for certain is this: the race won't be called until several hours after the polls close. Gillespie will likely take an early lead as the results start to pour in and hold on to that lead for hours, but as the percentage of precincts reporting approaches 100, Northam will chip away at Gillespie's lead until such time the race is officially called.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1085 on: October 18, 2017, 01:43:58 AM »

So basically like every remotely competitive Virginia race then? Hillary, Kaine, Obama won it pretty comfortably and even they trailed well into the night.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1086 on: October 18, 2017, 03:05:00 AM »

It's important to remember to totally tune out whatever the garbage statewide total is telling you for most of the night and just look at whatever's coming in from NoVA and Richmond/Henrico/Norfolk, until about 80% of the statewide total is in.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1087 on: October 18, 2017, 10:14:08 AM »

Welp.

So much for that black turnout.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1088 on: October 18, 2017, 10:25:22 AM »

The non-Fairfax flier, which only exists because some union was mad about his lack of support for natural gas pipelines, is only being distributed in Northern Virginia. This is not a region with a lot of black people, and we’re voting for him based on his last name anyway.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #1089 on: October 18, 2017, 11:01:19 AM »

The non-Fairfax flier, which only exists because some union was mad about his lack of support for natural gas pipelines, is only being distributed in Northern Virginia. This is not a region with a lot of black people, and we’re voting for him based on his last name anyway.

Wait that flier is real?  I thought it was photoshopped?
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1090 on: October 18, 2017, 11:06:00 AM »

So... that new Quinnipic poll is quite a doozy.
Fudotei
fudotei
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1091 on: October 18, 2017, 11:10:19 AM »

Northam has a 14 point lead with independents?
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1092 on: October 18, 2017, 11:19:54 AM »

Should note that the method used for devising the sample is resulting in the big differences in the polls:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1093 on: October 18, 2017, 11:21:08 AM »

I think that poll is wrong and I'm going with the majority of polls that show the race is close, Gillespie is not leading though.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1094 on: October 18, 2017, 11:29:30 AM »

I think that poll is wrong and I'm going with the majority of polls that show the race is close, Gillespie is not leading though.

It will be amusing if after all these divergent polls, the actual result is close to the poll average.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1095 on: October 18, 2017, 11:33:38 AM »

The real way to settle this: Monmouth plays basketball at Quinnipiac on Dec. 28. Smiley
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1096 on: October 18, 2017, 11:53:30 AM »

The real way to settle this: Monmouth plays basketball at Quinnipiac on Dec. 28. Smiley

Go Monmouth
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1097 on: October 18, 2017, 05:12:11 PM »

Fox News poll:

Northam (D)  49%
Gillespie (R)   42
Hyra (L)          1

https://twitter.com/POLITICO_Steve/status/920772824834412545
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1098 on: October 18, 2017, 05:15:16 PM »

FF polls today.

Likely R > Safe D > Titanium D in less than 24 hours.

#Atlas
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1099 on: October 18, 2017, 05:21:04 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 73  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies