VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:35:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th)  (Read 162934 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 16, 2017, 08:22:07 AM »
« edited: February 16, 2017, 08:25:15 AM by MT Treasurer »

If Perriello loses, it won't be because of this. Northam was never going to be beaten in the primary IMO.

The general election is Likely D until proven otherwise. Gillespie is not a bad candidate, but I think his absolute best-case scenario is a 5000 vote loss or so. A Republican win here would be a big upset and terrible news for Democrats. But like I said, I don't think it will happen. Northam should be the next governor of VA.

While I like Gillespie, I feel that his chances would have been better if Clinton was president.

Northam, McAulliffe, and other Democrats have been capitalizing on the controversy and unpopularity of Donald Trump. For example, they participated in the women's march and spoke out against the travel ban from the baggage pickup terminal of Dulles International Airport

Yeah. Trump isn't helping, but VA is so incredibly inelastic that I think any Democrat would have won there even with Clinton in the White House. Plus let's not forget that VA is a state where Clinton would have been very popular, especially NoVA.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 02:08:41 PM »

How is it possible that someone who literally described themselves as a "fiscal conservative" is in position to win a Democratic primary?

Most people not named RINO Tom realize that a "fiscal conservative" can indeed win a Democratic primary. That being said, I doubt Northam is much to the right of Perriello on any issue.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 10:19:10 AM »

Sabato moves VA-GOV from Tossup to Leans D
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 12:50:53 PM »

Apparently there's low enthusiasm for Gillespie in rural/SWVA.

Obviously Gillespie needs them to turn out in high numbers on election day.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies