VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:15:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th)  (Read 161221 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« on: January 16, 2017, 12:21:05 PM »

Didn't Governor McAuliffe recently sign some gun control? His numbers seem to be fine.

Yep, last we checked, Governor McAuliffe has a 53% approval rating.

It was EXTREMELY weaksauce, and was basically crafted by lobbyists from the NRA. It did put a couple extra provisions for important things like background checks, but at the cost of repealing a lot of the work done against the gun lobby by AG Herring.

And that is why McAuliffe's approvals weren't hurt by the agreement.

This isn't Maryland.  
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 09:36:46 PM »

I can hardly hold that against him since I voted for Bush once myself.  Tongue
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 01:32:35 PM »

My issue with Tom Perriello (besides his insincere vibe) is his opportunism -it's just too obvious.  I don't want to vote for someone so as to enable them to get a springboard for higher office.  Focus on being my governor, first and foremost.   
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 02:24:01 PM »
« Edited: April 07, 2017, 02:26:32 PM by Frodo »

My issue with Tom Perriello (besides his insincere vibe) is his opportunism -it's just too obvious.  I don't want to vote for someone so as to enable them to get a springboard for higher office.  Focus on being my governor, first and foremost.  

As opposed to the 99.99% of other people who run for elected office Roll Eyes  This idea that Perriello is somehow more ambitious than most politicians and that if this is true it means he'll be a bad Governor is pretty silly, tbh.  I mean, does anyone here really think Northam didn't run for Lieutenant Governor simply to use the office as a springboard or that he wouldn't use being Governor of Virginia as a springboard to run for higher office if he really thought it'd make him a viable candidate for said office?

Most politicians at least pretend to act as if the elected position they're running for is their heart's desire.  It's less insulting to their voters that way.  We don't appreciate being used, much less reminded of it.  Tom Perriello, however, reminds me of Marco Rubio.  I wonder if he's going to spend more of his time on the job, or running around the country seeking endorsements, raising money, and going to Iowa and New Hampshire.  Tongue

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Perriello made those 'tough, high-profile, progressive' votes that only seem impressive because his eye was always on a higher, national office.  Let's not forget how quickly he disavowed his earlier conservative record on gun control and abortion as opposed to standing by them.  I certainly won't.  
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 07:45:34 PM »

official VA GOP twitter basically calling Ralph Northam a race traitor  loool

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So the Virginia GOP has moved beyond barely subtle racial dog whistle politics, and now openly aligned itself with neo-Confederates and white supremacists, shedding any pretense of being a responsible governing party.

That's good to know.    
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 11:12:46 PM »

Fmr Sen. John Warner (R) endorses Gillespie, after previously endorsing Mark Warner against Gillespie in 2014.

https://twitter.com/PoliticoKevin/status/910241273566646272

What was his reason in 2014?

I assume it wasn’t due to same last names Smiley

John and Mark are friends.  It's as simple as that. 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 07:09:09 PM »

Smiley

Yeah -now would be a good time to turn our attention to the House of Delegates races... 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 03:24:08 PM »

And -at the moment- no one is under FBI investigation.  Tongue
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2017, 05:05:45 PM »

They should play some variation of that at every opportunity next year and in 2020. 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2017, 12:06:44 PM »

Chorus of condemnation, you mean?  Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies