VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:23:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th)  (Read 160980 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« on: August 19, 2017, 02:07:46 PM »

I would be careful saying Trump's bounce from a -25% approval to -20% is due to his response when it was probably regression to the norm after his health care slump.

I would also say thinking some Republican who already lost statewide once could win in a state Trump lost and has a -20% or lower approval rating is delusion.

I definitely agree that Gillespie must wage an uphill battle if he wants to be Governor, and that Northam will be the likely victor of this race barring a major development in Gillespie's favor. I would caution, however, that earlier posters have concluded that Gillespie looks and sounds a lot better than Northam in a debate.

He has, however, not been hurt by the events of the past week if the statistics are to be believed.

Regarding your first point, you are probably right.

Debates don't really matter; 2016 taught us that.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 02:05:25 PM »

official VA GOP twitter basically calling Ralph Northam a race traitor  loool

You must be logged in to read this quote.

So the Virginia GOP has moved beyond barely subtle racial dog whistle politics, and now openly aligned itself with neo-Confederates and white supremacists, shedding any pretense of being a responsible governing party.

That's good to know.    

GL with that. The VA GOP is a lock for a steamroll out of relevance, it seems.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 10:37:44 AM »

Between Trump's petulance and the Charlottesville protests/attack, which had the name 'unite the right' I believe the fate of Republicans was sealed (for this fall) before the first fall ad buy was paid for. Since Hillary was able to win by over 5% in Virginia last year, and since Dems had strong primary turnout, about 50% more D voters than R's (which was before Charlottesville) I'm gonna go ahead and say Strong D. VA Dems should easily sweep all three races. Trump fatigue and Dem motivation should create a situation where Dems finish even stronger than their respective primary percentages. All races will be won by 6-8% each. Having said all of this, Gillespie is still someone to watch moving forward. He would be the best candidate (by far---lol at you Corey Stewart) moving forward for the US Senate race against Kaine next year.

Kaine is mega safe, imo.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 10:10:29 PM »

Trump just tweeted:

"Ralph Northam,who is running for Governor of Virginia,is fighting for the violent MS-13 killer gangs & sanctuary cities. Vote Ed Gillespie!"

lol, what
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 02:47:51 PM »

Big momentum heading into the last inches of the race.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 04:41:20 PM »

IF it's even legit, September 24-28... that was two weeks ago.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 11:05:27 AM »

Obama is coming to Richmond!

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Obama was at it for Bruce Failey, Anthony Brown [another harmless, moderate Lt. Gov who was supposed to walk-in], and lastly, Hillary Clinton....not a good record. Pretty obvious he can't transfer the juju.

To be fair, Northam appears to be a much better candidate than the aforementioned.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 01:03:13 PM »

Yep, what we definitely need is to lose another governorship. Well, whatever if that's what happens. I've learned, the hard way, not to read too much into polls unless they're all on the extremes in one way or another. We'll see on election day.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 01:06:34 PM »

Yep, what we definitely need is to lose another governorship. Well, whatever if that's what happens. I've learned, the hard way, not to read too much into polls unless they're all on the extremes in one way or another. We'll see on election day.
Don't worry you will probably gain New Jersey and the Washington state senate as well so a net gain of 1

A-huh
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 03:18:29 PM »

Okay so everyone remember this poll https://mobile.twitter.com/VictoriaRsch/status/913860665982545921

Yea I think we all misjudged that poll I put it as junk since no one knew who she is or anything I'm changing my mind that's probably a real poll.

Based on what? Don't be ridiculous.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2017, 03:53:02 PM »

Okay so everyone remember this poll https://mobile.twitter.com/VictoriaRsch/status/913860665982545921

Yea I think we all misjudged that poll I put it as junk since no one knew who she is or anything I'm changing my mind that's probably a real poll.

Based on what? Don't be ridiculous.
Every single Poll out today was closer then the last polls they put out
And for the past 45 days or so you have been hearing how people don't like northam and dems being worried that he is to bland
Also people for the past 3 months have said internal polls showed it being closer then public polls.

And the poll was conducted by a complete nobody with no information released, and it was nearly a month old when it was already posted.

I know your party is all anti-facts/science and all, but this is a whole new level.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2017, 05:15:16 PM »

FF polls today.

Likely R > Safe D > Titanium D in less than 24 hours.

#Atlas
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2017, 05:12:28 PM »

Gillespie now hitting Northam on felon voting rights and along with MS-13 Northam supports child molesters too.

Gillespie is a complete disgrace.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2017, 10:08:43 AM »

"Revival"? Moderates run the party.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2017, 11:03:09 PM »

A "moderate" in today's Republican party.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2017, 01:31:09 AM »

I don't get this attitude of "oh 2013 was off so that's going to be Ed's #" the situation on the ground is completely different

Simple:

Gillespie is clearly better at branching out than Da' C69ch, and Northam doesn't seem to be running nearly as high an energy campaign as Fast Terry.

This evens out the playing field again.

Northam is probably one of the laziest gubernatorial campaigners in modern history. It's almost ridiculous how low energy he is, to use a Trumpian term.

Can't tell if you're serious.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2017, 09:53:02 PM »

This has been one of the worst campaigns ever run.

Gillespie?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2017, 07:23:59 AM »

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with the Northam ad, at least not these days.... Northam can run his "Latino Fear" ads...

Northam did not run this ad.

Whatever false equivalency works for him to justify his support for Gillespie.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2017, 10:51:40 AM »

Funny part is that Northam didn't make this ad and they're giving HIM crap for it.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2017, 11:54:25 AM »

Let's be honest, the people saying, "im outraged," were never going to vote for Northam in the first place.

I will vote for him because EG is bad on several issues but right in pointing out the VA needs econ diversification, better infrastructure, less traffic in NOVA. To be fair, Northam has pointed these out as well but the only focus we are getting now is the racial stuff which really is a turnoff and a bad way to close out the last week.

Again, it's, not, his, campaign. And if he's already addressing what you need to hear, what's the problem? Where was all the outrage from the people you know when Gillespie started running pedophilia ads?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2017, 01:08:34 PM »

1) Racist dog whistles: check
2) Attacking reporters: check
3) Preposterous ads (pedophilia accusations): check

>Moderate in today's Republican party

I'm sure I missed some.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2017, 04:55:18 PM »

I would buy some shares but I’m only 15 and I’m broke since I spent all my money on battlefront 2.

Suddenly everything makes sense.

Did you know that Chris Gregoire actually won the 2004 election by 6% but Rossi actually hired Idahoans to vote illegally in Spokane. This is as true as any story Mr Greedo spins.

10/10

Lel
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2017, 10:41:57 AM »

You have to love the double standard.

Gillespie has been race-baiting this entire cycle. But it is the latino ad that gets limp-**** moderates upset.

Americans just suck.

Because it was just plain bad and deserved to be called out. Ftr, those ld moderates you dislike make up the majority of Virginians. If you don't like that, feel free to pack up and move to CA, IL, or some other mismanaged state that is circling the drain. Are you even a Virginian or are you just using VA as an avatar?

Holy crap, so aggressive.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2017, 01:02:04 PM »

VAModerate, we're waiting.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2017, 06:33:09 PM »