VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:13:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA-GOV 2017: Utter Panic and Doom (General election: Nov 7th)  (Read 161218 times)
Kamala
Madagascar

« on: April 04, 2017, 09:55:22 PM »

I'm torn on whom to support in this primary, I like both candidates a lot. Northam has that air of pragmatism, but Perriello is just so incredibly energetic. Somehow I like both how Perriello is clearly ambitious and driven and how it doesn't seem like Northam has any future ambitions beyond Governor.
Perriello's Obama connections might push him forward, just a tad.

I'm glad this is one of those rare (primary) election where I'll be happy regardless of who wins... The only other one off the top of my head is the German federal election, Merkel and Schultz are both great candidates and make great Chancellors.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 07:35:32 PM »

Am I the only one who wouldn't mind either Perriello or Northam being governor?

Me too! They're both wonderful candidates.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 06:48:43 PM »

On the LTG race, Fairfax is running away with it, while Vogel is in even a more precarious position than Gillespie.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 07:10:50 PM »

Gillespie's lead down to fewer than 3000 votes.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 07:14:01 PM »

Vogel' lead down to fewer than 500 votes.
Who would've thought that the two republican primaries would be more exciting than the Democratic ones!
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 07:15:48 PM »

Who would've thought that the two republican primaries would be more exciting than the Democratic ones!

Reeves takes the lead!
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 07:18:03 PM »

Reeves takes the lead!

Vogel takes it back!
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 07:41:22 PM »

Who would have thought the most interesting primaries where on the R's side? That East-West divide is seriously bad it playing out in all races.

West Virginia is starting to look a lot like West Virginia on the Republican side.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 03:35:53 PM »

It probably means he will run for office in the future and keep being a thorn in the side of Virginia Republicans.
At least Republicans now know to take him seriously. He could throw an election to a Democrat.

Maybe Kaine can McCaskill him.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2017, 05:50:35 PM »
« Edited: June 14, 2017, 05:52:07 PM by Bring Back the Big Tent »

This bodes relatively well for the 2018 House elections seeing this high of Dem turnout, especially Comstock and Taylor's seats. I think Comstock's days are numbered, and Taylor could be swept up in a wave or even lose to a good candidate like Lewis in a mild Democratic-favoured year.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2017, 08:49:40 PM »

How about Fairfax vs Vogel? Predictions? Or will it simply go how the gubernatorial goes?
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2017, 09:25:31 PM »

How about Fairfax vs Vogel? Predictions? Or will it simply go how the gubernatorial goes?

A bit early to tell, but I think Fairfax is in a slightly weaker position than Northam because while I can't imagine many Gillespie/Fairfax voters, I certainly could see the opposite. That being said, Fairfax is a pretty captivating speaker, and I think his campaign will follow Northam's coattails pretty well.

Also, don't assume Herring is completely safe. His opponent is a former U.S. attorney named John Adams, and I could imagine him winning if Herring takes his seat for granted.

Bill Bolling would've ripped Fast Terry to shreds like it's '09 and Creigh Deeds is back in place.

Classic.

Ugh, just another carpetbagging Massachusetts liberal.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2017, 11:15:23 AM »

A poll taken of Virginia's 10th has Trump down 37/59 and Comstock losing to generic dem 48-39. So Ed's got to walk around some serious Trump hate in NOVA that is already hurting Barbara https://mobile.twitter.com/AliLapp/status/918483568577441792
Bye, bye, bye Barbara-Ann.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2017, 12:31:20 PM »

Dreading on people's fantasy endorsements is silly (especially in the case of Wulfric as it just encourages him), but can someone please explain to me why Wulfric supports Gillespie? Northam is the personification of the ever-glorified centrist Democrat - I mean the guy almost joined the GOP in 2009 while in office for Christ's sake - while Gillespie is a Trump/Stewart-appeasing right-winger.

Because the only thing Wulfric likes more than Moderate Heroes is curtailing women’s rights.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2017, 11:03:49 AM »

The only ad I've ever seen sink a campaign was Liddy Dole's ad calling Kay Hagan an atheist. Controversial ads usually don't change anything.

Even Corker’s “Ford is a philanderer of white women” didn’t sink his campaign.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2017, 04:42:32 PM »

I would buy some shares but I’m only 15 and I’m broke since I spent all my money on battlefront 2.

Suddenly everything makes sense.

Did you know that Chris Gregoire actually won the 2004 election by 6% but Rossi actually hired Idahoans to vote illegally in Spokane. This is as true as any story Mr Greedo spins.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2017, 08:11:43 PM »

Democrats, defeat, jaws of victory, etc.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2017, 08:50:41 PM »

Now does everyone see why I have been saying Gillespie will win.
Northam is maybe one of the worst politicians right now in America not counting Hillary.
Northam probably would have lost if he hadn’t run against E.W Jackson.

No. You just keep jumping on every negative thing that comes out about Northam and use it to justify your already flimsy but stubborn prediction. To be honest I don't think Northam as a candidate or his campaign has anything to with your prediction - based on what I've seen, I think it is entirely based on Republican candidates over-performing polls in 2013 and 2014, and you've just assumed it will continue this time around as well. That is probably the entirety of it.

Drag him!
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2017, 09:05:08 PM »

Does anyone know if early vote numbers look good or bad for Northam? I haven't seen too much about ballot numbers other than the Fairfax post a few pages back.

If I had to guess, they look good for Northam, but we were burned hard last year with the early vote. I really wouldn't put too much stock in it, other than turnout could be up.

Ossoff taught us to not put too much faith into early vote numbers.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2017, 11:55:17 AM »

This thread needs to be shot into orbit.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2017, 12:45:05 PM »

Gillespie is winning because even after the round of garbage-tier polling, Northam is still ahead in an average?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies