OneJ's office: Running for Senate!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:49:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  OneJ's office: Running for Senate!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: OneJ's office: Running for Senate!  (Read 4312 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2017, 09:34:55 PM »

ENDORSED!
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2017, 09:49:09 PM »

Blair almost made me do this too lol
anyway, you have my support and endorsement.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2017, 06:30:29 PM »

Attention Southerners, please make sure that you go ahead and vote for Peebs into the Senate through the 13th!
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2017, 11:43:33 AM »

Reminder everyone, VOTE!

I'll find you if you don't... Wink

During the Civil Rights Movement, people fought and even died for the right to vote. Now that everyone is allowed to exercise this valuable duty, it'd be wise to execute it.

Make your choices wisely and good luck to everyone!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2017, 05:03:31 AM »

Congrats on your victory!

I am glad to see some discussion on the other side of the equation of activity, as in getting more people involved and engaged. It had been my hope to inspire people to strive for such when I ran for President and while things didn't quite go as planned, I am glad people on both sides have picked up that torch.

As Lumine said, being new means being more audacious and able to break previous barriers and having our first completely post-reset President is a testament to that, particularly in how it came about. That thread on the FC board, was certainly audacious! Smiley
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2017, 08:17:24 AM »

Thank you everyone! I'll post a full victory/congratulations speech later on since I'm heading off to school in a bit.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2017, 08:03:20 PM »

Thank You Everyone!
First of all, I just want to again thank y'all for supporting me in the election. I've been moving quite fast. I registered back in early January didn't really know where to start. Eventually, I decided to run for office for the first time for the Southern Chamber of Delegates. I barely squeaked by and then swore in on the 20th after receiving the good news. During my brief time, I've worked with all the delegates diligently and knew them well. I wish diptheriadan, Ben Kenobi, Santander, and Spenstar luck on continuing to help the South prosper after I swear in as Representative on March 3.

As many of you know, last night wasn't the night Laborites were really hoping for. However, there have been some bright spots that have managed to spring up.

Along with me, simossad, 1184AZ, and Peebs have all been elected into the House! I would like to congratulate those three for pulling through with me as well as the Federalists who made it. We will certainly shake up the field!

Also, congratulations to Governor dfwlibertylover on his victory. I'm pretty confident he'll make a fine president for all along with Vice President-Elect Goldwater. I wish 'em both great luck.

I also appreciate Blair for persuading me to do this as well. Smiley

Thank you everybody!

Southerners, save the date! Remember that on March 10, 2017, there will be a Chamber of Delegates election held then. I would like for y'all to vote for JustinTimeCuber, fhtagn, and J_American to the chamber. I have seen Fhtagn's work before I was elected into the chamber and she did great at her job. Justin and Jacobin will be fine new voices for the South. A Governor's race is also scheduled and there are pretty much no declared candidates as of this point really.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2017, 09:49:41 PM »

Thank You Everyone!
First of all, I just want to again thank y'all for supporting me in the election. I've been moving quite fast. I registered back in early January didn't really know where to start. Eventually, I decided to run for office for the first time for the Southern Chamber of Delegates. I barely squeaked by and then swore in on the 20th after receiving the good news. During my brief time, I've worked with all the delegates diligently and knew them well. I wish diptheriadan, Ben Kenobi, Santander, and Spenstar luck on continuing to help the South prosper after I swear in as Representative on March 3.

As many of you know, last night wasn't the night Laborites were really hoping for. However, there have been some bright spots that have managed to spring up.

Along with me, simossad, 1184AZ, and Peebs have all been elected into the House! I would like to congratulate those three for pulling through with me as well as the Federalists who made it. We will certainly shake up the field!

Also, congratulations to Governor dfwlibertylover on his victory. I'm pretty confident he'll make a fine president for all along with Vice President-Elect Goldwater. I wish 'em both great luck.

I also appreciate Blair for persuading me to do this as well. Smiley

Thank you everybody!

Southerners, save the date! Remember that on March 10, 2017, there will be a Chamber of Delegates election held then. I would like for y'all to vote for JustinTimeCuber, fhtagn, and J_American to the chamber. I have seen Fhtagn's work before I was elected into the chamber and she did great at her job. Justin and Jacobin will be fine new voices for the South. A Governor's race is also scheduled and there are pretty much no declared candidates as of this point really.
Congratulations on your victory and thanks for the support!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2017, 09:54:11 PM »

Congratulations on your well-deserved victory, Mr. Representative!
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2017, 12:26:19 PM »

Thanks again for everyone who congratulated me and helped me on becoming Representative! I really appreciate it. (If y'all are wondering, I'll swear in on March 3rd. I am also preparing to be de facto Minority Whip)

Anyways, I will be creating an open response survey for Laborites only (Southern, Lincoln, Fremont are all allowed to participate) about making the South competitive against the Federalists. Please list suggestions! They'll be big help!

Upcoming Elections (Just Vote) Tongue Sad
-Governor's race in South: March 10-13
-Southern Chamber of Delegates: March 10-13
-Governor's race in Fremont: March 10-13
-Legislative Assembly in Fremont: March 10-13
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2017, 12:47:57 PM »

Look forward to seeing your progress in the House!

On the issue of the South, I think we'll just need to continue the progress we've made and ensure that we have voters that are able to get out, along with a little Labor magic Wink.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2017, 01:28:03 PM »

#NeverAgainForGovernor2017
#PeebsForGovernor2017
#PleaseDontNominateSantander2017
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2017, 06:47:45 PM »

Looks like I now have a job at the Porcupine as Reporter on Regional Affairs and Elections!

I'm planning to interview all three governors (and the President-Elect) by around this weekeend.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2017, 10:47:19 PM »
« Edited: March 11, 2017, 10:53:58 PM by Rep. Minority Whip OneJ_ »

It's time for...

ENDORSEMENTS!!!

Remember Southerners, the Governor's race and the Chamber of Delegates race is March 10, 2017 (tomorrow). VOTE!

My Endorsements:
Governor's Race: NeverAgain
Delegates' Race (Top 3 Preferences): fhtagn and JustinTimeCuber and J_American
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2017, 10:53:58 PM »

It's time for...

ENDORSEMENTS!!!

Remember Southerners, the Governor's race and the Chamber of Delegates race is March 10, 2017 (tomorrow). VOTE!

My Endorsements:
Delegates' Race (Top 2 Preferences): fhtagn and JustinTimeCuber
Thanks again for your support, Congressman.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2017, 11:04:03 PM »

It's time for...

ENDORSEMENTS!!!

My Endorsements:
Delegates' Race (Top 2 Preferences): fhtagn and JustinTimeCuber

Thank you so much for your support!
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2017, 02:06:02 PM »

Because I'm now de facto Minority Whip, I just want to let my fellow Laborite representatives know that I'll keep in close touch with y'all frequently on important updates to do my job efficiently whether it be final votes, votes on tabling, amendments made, etc.

Also, continue to vote. It doesn't matter whether you live in the Southern region, Fremont, or Lincoln folks, just VOTE! Today is the last day for Southerners and Lincolnians to turn out. Tomorrow is the last day for Fremontians to turn out.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2017, 12:15:07 PM »

Greetings ladies and gentlemen!

I'm extremely proud to announce that the Labor Party now has captured the Governorship seat (meaning that NeverAgain is the first Labor Governor of the New South) as well as a majority in the Chamber of Delegates. Congratulations to Governor-elect NeverAgain as well as Delegate-elects JustinTimeCuber, Fhtagn, and JacobinAmerican on their victories! They truly deserve it.

We have ushered in a new era. An era of hope! An era of enlightenment! An era of change for the better! After the crushing defeats from the Federalists in both the Presidency and the House, the Labor Party countered with symbolic changes for the future. I'm confident it will go down in the history books.

Senate Run?
I have to admit that before the election, I have been thinking about a potential Senate run. However, I'm very satisfied with being a representative and de facto Congressional Whip for the Labor Party.

I wonder who else is thinking about running?
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2017, 07:01:00 PM »

Response to DFW's recent Veto
[/b]
Ladies and gentlemen, President dfwlibertylover has just vetoed a bill that could've raised the minimum wage to $11.10 by the year of 2020. I have already wrote a letter of concern to him or I'll have to lead an override against his decision. Increasing the minimum wage has many benefits and vetoing this bill is a huge opportunity missed. We as Atlasians must defend what we believe should be done even in the mist of uncertainty.

Minority Whip of the People's House of Representatives,
OneJ_.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2017, 07:32:54 PM »

[/b]
Ladies and gentlemen, President dfwlibertylover has just vetoed a bill that could've raised the minimum wage to $11.10 by the year of 2020. I have already wrote a letter of concern to him or I'll have to lead an override against his decision. Increasing the minimum wage has many benefits and vetoing this bill is a huge opportunity missed. We as Atlasians must defend what we believe should be done even in the mist of uncertainty.

OneJ_.
The South will do it anyway Smiley
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2017, 08:09:33 PM »

[/b]

OneJ_.
The South will do it anyway Smiley

Thank goodness.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2017, 08:27:33 PM »

I really hope you guys would not do something as ridiculous as an across the board minimum wage hike, you clearly do not understand the rural vs urban split, we need to think logically, not emotionally, making a giant mistake.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2017, 08:44:01 PM »

I really hope you guys would not do something as ridiculous as an across the board minimum wage hike, you clearly do not understand the rural vs urban split, we need to think logically, not emotionally, making a giant mistake.

I rest my case President.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2017, 09:49:40 PM »

Based on the legislation I have introduced to the Southern Chamber of Delegates there will be an across the board minimum wage increase to a living wage of $15 per hour, or $31,200 for full time salaried workers. This will be coupled with another piece of legislation I've proposed to cap income inequality in businesses and organization to be no higher than 30 times the lowest paid employee. This is a logical response to the needs of Southerners, not an emotional one. More Southern workers will have additional income, including disposable income, that will be reinvested into the economy, unlike allowing money to accumulate among the wealthy who tend to be hoarders. Yes, prices will rise, but not significantly; yes, automation will be pursued more intensely, but I'll soon propose legislation to deal with that as well; and the end result will be extremely beneficial for Southern workers without having to reinstate any income taxes.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2017, 04:50:22 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2017, 01:30:51 AM by Rep. Minority Whip OneJ_ »

Hello everyone!

I am excited and delighted to announce that Governor NeverAgain has appointed me to become Southern Attorney General. I'm very honored to take it and do it to the best of my ability!

EDIT: I've decided to make a speech today so stay tuned! Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies