Hitler or Stalin: Who Was Worse
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:08:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Hitler or Stalin: Who Was Worse
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Hitler or Stalin: Who Was Worse  (Read 16614 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2004, 02:30:59 PM »

Geez, they both really suck! This is like "which is worse, pancreatic cancer or a non-operable brain tumor?"

Hm, that's a good question. I would say pancreatic cancer, since having something in my brain would really freak me out... Tongue
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2004, 03:04:13 PM »

When I think about it, had Hitler won he would of killed roughly 20 million people in genocidal methods, Stalin through his reign did kill 30 million, if not more. Based on numbers Stalin was worst, that does not include war death or occupation deaths. I know Stalin wasted more lives in the war, but Germany was a harsher occupier. Regardless, captured soldiers on either side didn't last long.

Siege
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2004, 03:05:17 PM »

When I think about it, had Hitler won he would of killed roughly 20 million people in genocidal methods, Stalin through his reign did kill 30 million, if not more. Based on numbers Stalin was worst, that does not include war death or occupation deaths. I know Stalin wasted more lives in the war, but Germany was a harsher occupier. Regardless, captured soldiers on either side didn't last long.

Siege

In fact, Russian soldiers didn't last lon in their Russian captivity...
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2004, 03:07:18 PM »

Siege

Velcome to ze Gulag...
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2004, 03:14:29 PM »

Siege

Velcome to ze Gulag...

Yeah, they sent most of the Russian soldiers who had seen the wonders of the bombed Germany to Siberia, so they wouldn't spread the word...
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2004, 01:18:56 AM »

Fact is more Russian soldiers came out of German camps then Germans who went into Russian camps
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2004, 04:45:38 PM »

Fact is more Russian soldiers came out of German camps then Germans who went into Russian camps

So...? One side lost the other won...and are you talking relative or absolute numbers here?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2004, 01:26:08 AM »

If the war is over wouldn't have been the law for the Russians to have released German POWs? Stalins actions after the second world war in regards to the eastern european states were very disturbing to say the least.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2004, 01:50:31 PM »

If the war is over wouldn't have been the law for the Russians to have released German POWs? Stalins actions after the second world war in regards to the eastern european states were very disturbing to say the least.

Yes...but that's not my point. If Hitler had won he wouldn't have released his Russian  prisoners.
Brambila
Brambilla

« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2004, 07:11:19 PM »

Dunn, can you imagine if Hitler was there 20 years earlier? The fact is he wasn't. Hitler for his period of time did a lot of damage- 6 million Jews, and 11 million slavs in about 10 years, but Stalin was on a similar role.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies