No Apology: A History of the Romney Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 04:31:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  No Apology: A History of the Romney Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
Author Topic: No Apology: A History of the Romney Administration  (Read 31919 times)
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: November 24, 2017, 08:42:46 PM »

48% in March? Doesn't look like the Romney Administration is having a good time...

A lot better than Trump and a lot of it is just polarization.
Well yes, but at least Romney has governing experience.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #201 on: November 25, 2017, 05:11:38 PM »

A top income tax rate of 28% would probably be a 9%-14%-19%-24%-28%, with the top three brackets merged into 28%? Huh. I guess that’s not too bad?

The corporate taxes all being cut by ten percent - could be worse. That being said, is Romney going to pass that plan he praised in 2012 - Wyden-Bennett?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #202 on: November 25, 2017, 09:24:03 PM »

A top income tax rate of 28% would probably be a 9%-14%-19%-24%-28%, with the top three brackets merged into 28%? Huh. I guess that’s not too bad?

The corporate taxes all being cut by ten percent - could be worse. That being said, is Romney going to pass that plan he praised in 2012 - Wyden-Bennett?

This tax plan is based off Romney's OTl 2012 tax plan. President Romney and Congress have already passed Obamacare repeal with the AHFA.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #203 on: November 25, 2017, 09:40:56 PM »

48% in March? Doesn't look like the Romney Administration is having a good time...

I still think it would be 53%-54%
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #204 on: November 25, 2017, 10:37:49 PM »

I still think it would be 53%-54%

It was higher before.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #205 on: November 26, 2017, 03:57:47 AM »

OHIO SENATE POLL: TIBERI-46%, RYAN-41%-APRIL 26, 2013

DONALD TRUMP PRAISES ROMNEY 'ONE OF THE BEST PRESIDENTS IN HISTORY' SAYS TAX CUTS WILL BE 'EVEN BETTER THAN REAGAN, HUGE ECONOMIC BOOM'-APRIL 28, 2013

OMB DIRECTOR HOLTZ-EAKIN SAYS TAX PLAN WILL HAVE NO IMPACT ON DEFICIT-APRIL 29, 2013

Director of the Office of Management and Budget, Douglas Holtz-Eakin, criticized the Congressional Budget Office's analysis of the Romney tax cuts, saying that "It just doesn't stack up with reality." Holtz-Eakin claimed the tax plan is "revenue-neutral" because "what the CBO doesn't take into account is the economic boom that will take place if this plan passes. Holtz-Eakin said a "dynamic analysis" of the plan would show that it wouldn't bust the budget. He said "Listen, we've got unemployment over 7%, we've been left a struggling economy by the Obama administration, it needs to be juiced and that'll be very beneficial to the country." Holtz-Eakin also said the plan is "primarily, a tax cut for the middle class, not the 1%." This was despite the CBO's analysis saying that 60% of the plans benefits would go to the top 10%, and 32% of the tax cuts would go to the top 1%, while for millions of low-income households, taxes would actually increase. The CBO also gave a generous dynamic scoring scenario, projecting the plan would lead to only a 1% increase in economic growth over the next decade and that it would still lead to around $3.5 trillion in revenue being lost over a decade. Democrats criticized Holtz-Eakin's comments as "dishonest" and "objectively untrue" with Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid saying "They can try to disguise it, but the fact is this is the same-old trickle down economics. What will happen is the middle class gets screwed, and they blow a hole in the budget. They have said this before, with Reagan and Bush, that it wouldn't increase the deficit and that the wealth would trickle-down, and it never happened."
UNEMPLOYMENT FALLS TO 7.2%-MAY 1, 2013
PAUL RYAN THREATENS RED-STATE DEMOCRATS ON TAX CUTS-MAY 2, 2013

Vice-President Paul Ryan issued a threat to red-state Democratic Senators as the Senate debates the Romney tax cuts. Ryan, in an address to the National Association of Manufacturers(NAM). Ryan said "I hope that we do get bipartisan support for this bill, though Democrats seem intent on obstructing this administration"(Democrats would call Ryan hypocritical given they blame Republican 'obstructionism' for destroying the Obama presidency)"But, if they don't, there are a lot of Democrats on the ballot in 2014, many in states that gave a very strong endorsement last year to our agenda and a rebuke to the far-left Democrat ideology. Mark Pryor, Mark Begich, Mary Landrieu, Max Baucus, Tim Johnson, Jay Rockefeller, these are Senators that should be working with us, and otherwise their constituents will hold them accountable." Senator Baucus was the only Senator of those named to comment, reiterating his opposition to the Romney tax cuts and saying "I'm not going to be cowed by Paul Ryan. I won't vote for a bill that isn't good policy, and this isn't good policy."
SENATORS MCCAIN, KIRK, MURKOWSKI RALLY BEHIND ROMNEY TAX CUTS, SENATE LIKELY TO PASS TAX CUTS

SENATE TO FAST-TRACK TAX CUTS VOTE, WILL VOTE IN 10 DAYS-MAY 3, 2013
REID ACCUSES MCCONNELL OF 'STUNNING HYPOCRISY', 'BRAZEN PARTISANSHIP', POINTS TO GOP CRITICISM FOR DEMOCRATS RAMMING OBAMACARE THROUGH CONGRESS

NEW POLL: 43% OPPOSE ROMNEY TAX CUTS, 34% SUPPORT-MAY 5, 2013
2016 POLL: CLINTON 49%,ROMNEY 47%-MAY 7, 2013

PELOSI SAYS DEMS CAN TAKE BACK HOUSE IN 2014, AS DEMS TAKE 2-POINT LEAD IN GENERIC BALLOT-MAY 9, 2013
PPP: DEMOCRATS 44%, REPUBLICANS 42%

SPICER SAYS SENATE SHOULD EXTEND RECONCILIATION DEADLINE TO 30 YEARS,
BACKS SENATOR TOOMEY
-MAY 9, 2013

SENATE TO EXTEND RECONCILIATION DEADLINE, ROMNEY TAX CUTS WILL LAST FOR 30 YEARS-MAY 10, 2013

SENATOR KIRK COMES OUT AGAINST ROMNEY TAX CUTS-MAY 11, 2013
KIRK: TAX CUTS ARE A BONANZA FOR WEALTHY, VIOLATE GOP PLEDGES OF FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY

DEMOCRATS RALLY AGAINST TAX BILL-MAY 12, 2013
REID: ROMNEY TAX CUTS WILL BUST BUDGET, HURT ECONOMY LIKE BUSH TAX CUTS

SENATE PASSES ROMNEY TAX CUTS-MAY 13, 2013
SENATE VOTE 51-49 FOR ROMNEY TAX CUTS

The Senate passed the Tax Relief & Economic Revival Act of 2013 today, on a party line vote of 51-49, with Senator Mark Kirk of Illinois joining Democrats in voting against the bill. The tax cuts will now head to President Romney's desk and be signed into law by him. The Senate bill has the tax cuts last for 30 years, with these cuts including a 20% cut to income taxes and cutting the corporate tax rate to 25%, as well as abolition of the estate tax and AMT. Democrats criticized the bill as a giveaway to the rich, though President Romney declared that "This tax bill will boost economic growth and benefit all Americans. It will precipitate a historic economic boom just like the Reagan boom in the 80s, and end the stagnation our economy is trapped in." The bill is projected to increase the debt over the next decade by $3.6 trillion, though Republicans claim that economic growth will make it revenue-neutral. President Romney and Republicans rejoiced with the passage of a "historic tax cut". Now, Republicans are set to move onto entitlement reform, after passing tax cuts and Obamacare repeal. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said "We are delivering on our agenda, and making a real difference." No matter people's thoughts on that agenda, McConnell is certainly correct on that one.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #206 on: November 26, 2017, 05:16:53 AM »

Why? It has been widely established that corporate taxes are much less efficient than income taxes. And America's income tax rates aren't really high by international standards while America's corporate tax rate is the highest in the developed world. Corporate tax cuts also cost much less than income tax cuts.

Anyway, great update. I'm glad to see it's still being updated Tongue!
The Congressman
Rookie
« Reply #207 on: November 26, 2017, 02:16:12 PM »

Really good victory for Romney. When the economy booms, he'll get the credit
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #208 on: November 26, 2017, 04:00:42 PM »

Really good victory for Romney. When the economy booms, he'll get the credit

Likely he will be credited, even if the boom is unrelated.
erſatz-york
SlippingJimmy

« Reply #209 on: December 21, 2017, 01:21:24 AM »

Just realized that this was updated!

Great update!
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #210 on: January 27, 2018, 04:06:23 PM »

Update coming.
erſatz-york
SlippingJimmy

« Reply #211 on: January 27, 2018, 11:47:10 PM »

Can’t wait, Senator
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #212 on: June 09, 2018, 11:52:21 AM »

Sorry to neceropost, but is this TL being abandoned, I was really enjoying it.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #213 on: June 09, 2018, 04:15:55 PM »

Sorry maybe I can bring it back though idk how much interest there is or if I can actually put in the effort.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #214 on: June 09, 2018, 04:42:14 PM »

Sorry maybe I can bring it back though idk how much interest there is or if I can actually put in the effort.

Oh, OK By the way, check out my new Romney administration TL.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies