Which state is the heart and soul of the Democratic/Republican Party? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:36:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Which state is the heart and soul of the Democratic/Republican Party? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which state is the heart and soul of the Democratic/Republican Party?  (Read 11455 times)
Mechavada
The News

« on: February 24, 2019, 08:40:15 AM »
« edited: February 24, 2019, 08:47:57 AM by The News »

Democratic: California, for basically the same reasons Mondale mentioned.

Republican: Massachusetts.  Relax I'm kidding.  The real answer is Oklahoma.  Low cost of living, "low tax", low test scores.  Also racist as hell (and they don't even realize it) against outsiders and ultra-judgmental/puritanical social values.  But hey look how well Chesapeake is doing guys!  THE FREE MARKET WORKS!  THE FREE MARKET WORKS! (gives oil executive a check for $100 million)

Of course yeah I realize you could probably the same for some other Republican states but Oklahoma just sticks out like a big red dirt coated finger because it's just so over the top.  That, and while not the most Republican state (that'd probably be Wyoming or something) it seems to be the state where even after the GOP has royally screwed the pooch they can still win statewide elections (I will concede Edmondson wasn't as exciting as his supporters thought he was, but still inexcusable), just like Republican administrations can keep giving us record deficits, uncalled for wars, increased poverty, and lower pay without their voters judging them..
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies