Cory Booker looking worried
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:54:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Cory Booker looking worried
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cory Booker looking worried  (Read 2678 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 12, 2017, 10:37:00 AM »

I mentioned this in the Cabinet confirmation thread, but what was up with Booker’s facial expressions yesterday?  I’ve seen plenty of pictures of him before this week, where he looked pretty relaxed, but the confirmation hearings seem to have him troubled.  Every time he wasn’t talking, in either the Sessions testimony or the questioning of Tillerson, he had an expression like this:

Has the stress of being a contender for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination gotten to him?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 10:40:44 AM »

"If Cory Booker is the future of the Democratic Party, they have no future! I know more about Cory than he knows about himself." - Donald Trump

Maybe Donald's taunts are getting to Cory.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 11:17:34 AM »

I think he just really needed to poop. That's a classic "I need to poop" face.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 11:31:37 AM »

"If Cory Booker is the future of the Democratic Party, they have no future! I know more about Cory than he knows about himself." - Donald Trump

LAVENOUS!
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 11:45:40 AM »

LOL, love it.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 12:47:22 PM »

He should be. I want Bernie to be on the debate stage vs Booker. He can drop out after that if there is a good progressive Warren or whatever.

The story writes itself - 1300 lobbyists, campaign funds, money from Superpacs from pharma companies while voting against this when people can't afford to buy costly medicines. ACA will be gone, healthcare will be in a worse state & Booker will seem as some one who took money & voted against this!
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 01:14:31 PM »

Has the stress of being a contender for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination gotten to him?

It's not stress, it isn't anything, just positioning. The only reason he isn't supporting Sessions is because he thinks he can take the liberal wacko wing of the party and they hate Jeff Sessions. If Cory Booker wasn't going to run for President, he wouldn't have opposed Sessions in the way that he did. He thinks he is Obama 2.0.

Are you seriously insinuating that the left's vitriol towards Jeff Sessions is irrational? The man is Jesse Helms-tier human garbage. I despise Booker, but I have absolutely no doubt that he genuinely doesn't want to see this monster confirmed as the nation's top LEO.

Okay first off Jeff Sessions is FAR from being a monster. The Jeff Sessions I've met has been nothing but kind, considerate, and courteous. Second off he is one of the most brilliant members of the Republican Conference and Trump's Administration. The only reason Democrats are hating on Sessions is because he is from Alabama and Alabama is a southern state. If Jeff Sessions weren't from Alabama he would be supported by those seeking to stop his nomination. If he was a Democrat then you'd see the left flocking to Sessions. The leftist obstructionists don't care to see the laws being followed and they only care about their version of Justice. Cory Booker would be supporting him if he wasn't going to run for President.
Did you just copypasta and mad lib this from 2009?
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 01:17:16 PM »

It's not stress, it isn't anything, just positioning. The only reason he isn't supporting Sessions is because he thinks he can take the liberal wacko wing of the party and they hate Jeff Sessions. If Cory Booker wasn't going to run for President, he wouldn't have opposed Sessions in the way that he did. He thinks he is Obama 2.0.

Are you seriously insinuating that the left's vitriol towards Jeff Sessions is irrational? The man is Jesse Helms-tier human garbage. I despise Booker, but I have absolutely no doubt that he genuinely doesn't want to see this monster confirmed as the nation's top LEO.

Okay first off Jeff Sessions is FAR from being a monster. The Jeff Sessions I've met has been nothing but kind, considerate, and courteous. Second off he is one of the most brilliant members of the Republican Conference and Trump's Administration. The only reason Democrats are hating on Sessions is because he is from Alabama and Alabama is a southern state. If Jeff Sessions weren't from Alabama he would be supported by those seeking to stop his nomination. If he was a Democrat then you'd see the left flocking to Sessions. The leftist obstructionists don't care to see the laws being followed and they only care about their version of Justice. Cory Booker would be supporting him if he wasn't going to run for President.
I think he kinda has a point about this, its just lost in a whole lotta mumbo jumbo. Had Jefferson Sessions been Jerry Pickelheimer of Minnesota, I doubt his opposition would be as vitriolic.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 01:18:26 PM »

I think he kinda has a point about this, its just lost in a whole lotta mumbo jumbo. Had Jefferson Sessions been Jerry Pickelheimer of Minnesota, I doubt his opposition would be as vitriolic.

If Jerry P had the spotty civil rights history that Sessions does, I doubt it.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 01:35:42 PM »

To quote Barney Frank, "A lot of the Southern racists were notably courteous to people in person." I'm sure most white folks though Strom Thurmond was downright angelic.

If you're too racist to be a Federal Judge, you're definitely too racist to be AG.

kydmb99
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2017, 01:49:26 PM »

Okay first off Jeff Sessions is FAR from being a monster. The Jeff Sessions I've met has been nothing but kind, considerate, and courteous.

No? Sessions is an absolutely despicable cretin, a fact not negated because he supposedly acted in a cordial manner when dealing with a teenage constituent.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Uh, okay? And? Politicians in general are intelligent people. I'm not what your point is.

...you are unbelievably dense. Right, because a hypothetical Senator Jeff Sessions (R-KS) would be unanimously supported by the Democratic caucus. Roll Eyes

In what alternate universe would a modern politician with Jeff Sessions' views be a Democrat? That doesn't even make sense. Sessions is a blatantly racist social darwinist who wants the poor to live in misery, the national security state to go unchecked as they spy on American citizens, and wants to prevent sick cancer patients from acquiring marijuana to treat their pain. He is downright disgusting and his views would never be accepted in today's Democratic Party.

The Republican Party is led by a rapist President, a soon-to-be Secretary of State who made business deals involving countries under U.S. sanctions, an AG-in-waiting with ethical issues, and a HUD Secretary-designate who has admitted that he would be an accomplice in the funneling of state funds from Housing to Trump's own bank account. We all know which party doesn't care about laws, and for it's many (and I mean many) faults, it sure as hell ain't the Democratic Party, my dude. The GOP is functionally a criminal organization at this point.

New to this board. This dude always this unhinged?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2017, 02:05:36 PM »

Being courteous does not mean a person is a good choice for a position. It's his record is why he is being scrutinized, not his home state.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2017, 03:16:09 PM »

That's just Booker's face.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2017, 11:49:56 PM »

Honestly he always looks like that.

I think he's partly cross-eyed too (or used to be).
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2017, 05:01:21 PM »

I still like this Booker pic, though more for Hil's face than Cory's:

MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2017, 10:58:00 PM »

I still like this Booker pic, though more for Hil's face than Cory's:

"The hell? This isn't vodka..."
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018, 01:04:49 PM »

Sorry, but I've got to bump this thread for this classic of the genre:

WestVegeta
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -2.43

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018, 01:14:11 PM »

That's just the face of a man who clearly has to sh**t but is stuck in an important meeting.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2018, 05:58:45 PM »

I've only seen this face once before:

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2018, 12:18:26 PM »

Another classic worried Booker pic:

UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2018, 12:19:38 PM »

I wonder with which nickname Trump would label Booker.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies