"Street Fighter" ..Cory Booker's 2002 Mayoral Race- Documentary on Amazon...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:54:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  "Street Fighter" ..Cory Booker's 2002 Mayoral Race- Documentary on Amazon...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: "Street Fighter" ..Cory Booker's 2002 Mayoral Race- Documentary on Amazon...  (Read 3724 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2017, 09:54:59 AM »

He even likes dating conservatives...lol.....Ohhh Cory Booker, when will you stop showboating in Twitter ?

"Ouch! @MindyKaling, heard Dr. Lahiri dissed Newark last night,"(I still ♥ U!)"

"Senator, if Mindy Lahiri shades it, it means we know it's cool," "Thanks for the ♥. It's mutual!"

"If the ♥ is really mutual... Come have dinner with me in Newark? #PleaseSayYes,"

"Yes," she said. "Now let me get the PATH train schedule."

Thank you! PATH train is awesome when you are Jersey bound. But you are @Lyft worthy! I will send one to you for the door to door.
That's horrifically cringey.

Yea it's not high school, he's a Senator & in his mid 40's, posting these stuff in Twitter.

It would be pretty adorable if the other person would be someone for whom he was a life-long fan, boyhood crush of sorts, but every random conservative critic  - Lol !

Anyways full marks to him for atleast being a gentleman & for offering to send a car !
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2017, 10:52:39 AM »

He even likes dating conservatives...lol.....Ohhh Cory Booker, when will you stop showboating in Twitter ?

"Senator, if Mindy Lahiri shades it, it means we know it's cool," "Thanks for the ♥. It's mutual!"

"If the ♥ is really mutual... Come have dinner with me in Newark? #PleaseSayYes,"

Thank you! PATH train is awesome when you are Jersey bound. But you are @Lyft worthy! I will send one to you for the door to door.

Yea it's not high school, he's a Senator & in his mid 40's, posting these stuff in Twitter.

It would be pretty adorable if the other person would be someone for whom he was a life-long fan, boyhood crush of sorts, but every random conservative critic  - Lol !

Mindy Kaling is a "random conservative critic"?
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2017, 09:52:37 PM »

Mindy Kaling is a "random conservative critic"?

Figure of speech...Should have taken it with DM after the 1st couplf of tweets...
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2017, 06:04:03 AM »

“Well first of all, don’t read too into it about ‘asking out,’” Booker said. “I want to sort of take the romantic aspect out of it and talk more about how she’s amazing. Not only did she say, hey, this is her character, not [her personal insult], but then she agreed to come over to Newark, New Jersey. She hasn’t yet. I mean, she’s a busy person . . . so we’ll see what happens in the future.”

“A lot of people read more into it then there’s there, but this is just somebody I really revere, and have just a reverence for in terms of her impact that she is making in so many ways. Just not only with women, people of color—so much visibility. She’s just an extraordinary force, and someone I have a lot of respect for. So, to have her come to my city to see it and to bring her spotlight there is a wonderful thing.”

But he wasn’t out of compliments yet. “I just think she’s a really wonderful person, that’s it. So all the romantic talk, put that aside, but let’s focus on a really extraordinary human being that I hope to get to New Jersey.”

Source - Vanity Fair !

Poor Cory !
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2017, 12:21:16 PM »
« Edited: May 07, 2017, 12:22:55 PM by Technocratic Timmy »

I agree that Dems win with ....Younger Candidates.

FACTS:

Every Dem President Actually elected since Kennedy... was under the age of 54.

Every Rep President Actually elected since Kennedy... was older than 54.

..... All things Considered- A Dem candidate in 2020 under 54... would be a pretty good start. (Also, In general, younger Candidates tend to do a better job turning out the Youth Vote... which tends to be overwhelmingly  Dem)

LBJ was over 54 in 1964 and won. George McGovern was under 54 and lost. Al Gore was under 54 and lost. The GOP has nominated quite a few older candidates that were roundly defeated (Dole, McCain, Romney, etc.)

Bernie Sanders and Ron Paul were both quite popular with the youth and they were old.

I think the age thing is much more of a coincidence than anything.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies