Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:12:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign  (Read 112833 times)
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1175 on: June 09, 2017, 03:14:44 PM »

The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1176 on: June 09, 2017, 07:49:26 PM »

Crossposting this in the nonexistent Kalwejt Dungeon for Jesus Christ Atlas Displays
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1177 on: June 10, 2017, 03:06:37 AM »

Time for a bike tour again.

Maybe post some pictures later.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1178 on: June 11, 2017, 07:32:47 PM »

I got back from HOBY today. That's the reason I was inactive since Thursday, if you did not see my previous update.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1179 on: June 11, 2017, 09:55:52 PM »

Apparently if you own a Toyota and live in a generally secluded neighborhood, not even locking your doors will save you from burglary.

Woke up a few days ago to find all my doors were opened, and all the trunks in the neighborhood open too.

The SOB stole $10 in cash and most of my snacks. Not my camera [which I left in out of absent-mindedness], not my tools, not my spare tire, my freaking snacks and cash.

President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1180 on: June 12, 2017, 03:10:06 AM »

I have been lying on the floor for 3 and a half hours trying to go to bed.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1181 on: June 12, 2017, 09:47:09 AM »

Apparently if you own a Toyota and live in a generally secluded neighborhood, not even locking your doors will save you from burglary.

Woke up a few days ago to find all my doors were opened, and all the trunks in the neighborhood open too.

The SOB stole $10 in cash and most of my snacks. Not my camera [which I left in out of absent-mindedness], not my tools, not my spare tire, my freaking snacks and cash.

Must've been a college student.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #1182 on: June 12, 2017, 10:07:15 AM »

Leaving Alakska for Seattle today
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1183 on: June 12, 2017, 10:29:02 AM »

Went fishing. Was as successfull as Martin O'Malley in getting nationwide attention.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1184 on: June 12, 2017, 09:25:31 PM »

Took a shower, got too distracted by shaving my legs (among other things that had hair I didn't want) to actually shower. More of a rinse than anything.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1185 on: June 12, 2017, 09:37:54 PM »

Most of these types of random "car prowling" incidents are typically either High School kids looking for spare change, or your local neighborhood "tweaker" or "crackhead" that are a bit addled in the mind and looking for a few extra bucks in cash, and no idea how to flip potentially valuable items for $$$.

Actually, in my experience sometimes it is better to leave your car doors unlocked, since it might save you from the costs of replacing a smashed window, especially if you have nothing of value in your car.

Sorry about what happened, but hey at least it didn't you set you back real money, just some parking meter fees and a few snacks.... Better than $150 for a new car window at least. Smiley
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1186 on: June 13, 2017, 09:10:12 AM »

Well, I think I am just a girl who has a hard time seeing herself due to her own dumba##ery.
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1187 on: June 13, 2017, 10:02:50 AM »

The people who were sleeping here for my sibling's graduation are gone. For the first time in nearly a week, I can sleep in my own bed. Also, I'm playing Mario Party to see if I should go to Walmart with my mom until the same question that popped into her mind last month pops up again, because this time, I'm prepared.
Well, I think I am just a girl who has a hard time seeing herself due to her own dumba##ery.
(insert mirror joke here)
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1188 on: June 13, 2017, 10:34:18 AM »

Summer avatar enabled! Apologies to actual Mainers, but it would be boring having the same avatar all the time.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1189 on: June 13, 2017, 05:23:51 PM »

Most of these types of random "car prowling" incidents are typically either High School kids looking for spare change, or your local neighborhood "tweaker" or "crackhead" that are a bit addled in the mind and looking for a few extra bucks in cash, and no idea how to flip potentially valuable items for $$$.

Actually, in my experience sometimes it is better to leave your car doors unlocked, since it might save you from the costs of replacing a smashed window, especially if you have nothing of value in your car.

Sorry about what happened, but hey at least it didn't you set you back real money, just some parking meter fees and a few snacks.... Better than $150 for a new car window at least. Smiley

So they:

- Know how to get around a very affluent neighborhood where houses are worth $1 million + and the roads are cracked and windy

- How to hack a master key that targets one type of car [Toyota] and leave almost no evidence besides leaving everything open and running off

But don't know how to flip serious valuables...

...Ya' know two years ago, I'd completely disbelieve that, now... that still seems a somewhat far-fetched.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1190 on: June 13, 2017, 05:31:25 PM »

Probably a combination of the two-my brother had some sketchy friends in High School who liked to "car hop" in the wealthier parts of Boca Raton. My brother went along once but bolted when the car alarm went off. I'm happy to say that, despite all of the other things he did that were sh**tty thanks to heroin, that he at least never stole from anyone else....aside from me of course.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1191 on: June 14, 2017, 12:30:13 AM »

I'm slowly beginning to pick up the 'ole keyboard again.  It's been so long since I last practiced.  So, I whipped up a short song in less than five minutes on Garageband.  I don't normally post my art or music work here, but since it's never going public/in any albums or whatever, I thought why the hell not.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1fKzS1LTfvG

Starts off decent in the beginning, kinda goes to sht as the song progresses.  But hey, babysteps.  I apologize for any ensuing ear torture.

Not bad overall, it's got sort of a neat quiet mystical quality to a lot of it.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1192 on: June 14, 2017, 04:24:40 AM »

And now my cat is having issues breathing, weak legs, barely moving... he is 13 years old. He went to the vet yesterday, they said it was pneumonia and gave us meds...we've given him meds since.

....I don't know if he'll make it,...I just don't know...

This year is sucking even more than last year already.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1193 on: June 14, 2017, 05:22:27 AM »

I sincerely hope your four-legged friend recovers.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1194 on: June 14, 2017, 05:34:19 AM »
« Edited: June 14, 2017, 05:37:09 AM by Senator Scott »

I'm slowly beginning to pick up the 'ole keyboard again.  It's been so long since I last practiced.  So, I whipped up a short song in less than five minutes on Garageband.  I don't normally post my art or music work here, but since it's never going public/in any albums or whatever, I thought why the hell not.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1fKzS1LTfvG

Starts off decent in the beginning, kinda goes to sht as the song progresses.  But hey, babysteps.  I apologize for any ensuing ear torture.

Not bad overall, it's got sort of a neat quiet mystical quality to a lot of it.

Thanks.  I have a friend who wants to include some of my music in a hypothetical video game he's developing with someone.  I'd be enthralled to hear my work used in that way.

Indeed. Sad
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1195 on: June 14, 2017, 08:58:05 AM »

...He didn't make it...
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1196 on: June 14, 2017, 09:03:03 AM »

My condolences, L.D.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1197 on: June 14, 2017, 09:05:22 AM »

Very sorry to hear this.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1198 on: June 14, 2017, 09:10:10 AM »

Sad I'm so sorry, LD. I know the pain of losing a beloved pet all to well not to understand how you feel now. My deepest sympathies.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1199 on: June 14, 2017, 12:04:23 PM »

Sad I'm so sorry, LD. I know the pain of losing a beloved pet all to well not to understand how you feel now. My deepest sympathies.

Thank you guys so much, it means a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies