Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:40:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 79
Author Topic: Update for Everyone V: Born Under A Bad Sign  (Read 111349 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1100 on: June 01, 2017, 08:39:34 PM »

Haha, I'm a Detroit resident! Got my BA in May and I'm trying to scrounge up a job to get me through graduate school and two years in Detroit. I was supposed to have a $15/hour+ job, but my Guy's guy ain't coming through, so I'm looking at a wide range of options. If I'm very lucky, I could have a white collar position by September. In the middle range of options is me working for my school and this securing vastly reduced graduate tuition. Everything is still up in the air, though! Tongue
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1101 on: June 01, 2017, 08:41:20 PM »

Had an FTF with the Union Organizer yesterday, who represents the entire West Coast of America from Alaska to San Diego for a large and significant Industrial Union....

If we can get a Union Contract at this large Warehouse Facility, this will be a shock-wave heard around the United States, considering the wages, hours, safety, and working conditions that Warehouse Workers face on a daily basis throughout the entire United States...

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/02/mac-mcclelland-free-online-shipping-warehouses-labor?page=4

Although we are nowhere close yet to bringing the Union into this facility in the Heart of  a
"Deer Hunter" part of Western Oregon, I feel that if we get to a point of signing cards, we will definitely have over 50% +1, but realistically it's better to shoot for 60-65%, since once the bosses do their mandatory Anti-Union meetings threatening workers that they will lose their jobs, company will shift operations to other warehouses, hire more temps to cover their expenses, etc, we need a solid enough core to be able to survive the repression and backlash from one of the largest retail companies in the United States.....

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1102 on: June 01, 2017, 09:21:09 PM »

I have to miss a soccer tournament on June 10th for a youth leadership organization.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1103 on: June 01, 2017, 09:27:44 PM »

Haha, I'm a Detroit resident! Got my BA in May and I'm trying to scrounge up a job to get me through graduate school and two years in Detroit. I was supposed to have a $15/hour+ job, but my Guy's guy ain't coming through, so I'm looking at a wide range of options. If I'm very lucky, I could have a white collar position by September. In the middle range of options is me working for my school and this securing vastly reduced graduate tuition. Everything is still up in the air, though! Tongue

Congrats on your BA!!!!

Back in the mid '90s I got my BA and went back home to Oregon from Ohio, and was so stoked to get my first real job in the Mail room working as a contractor for a large MNC Tech company getting paid a huge starting wage of $7.00/Hr!!!!

So--- you got accepted into Grad school yet or are still looking at your options?

That's what's important, since as I know from personal experience jobs come and jobs go, and I was working a "Blue Collar" job right out of college, and after a few years started working on my MA, while working part-time, and dropped out 16 credits short, after going through a Divorce with my First Wife.

Eventually, I was able to make it to a "professional" position, and then later Management, and ended up getting laid off Ten months ago, and am now working in a Warehouse at the current time.

Although I'm not in a position to be able to offer anyone a job these days, and have never lived in Detroit, if you want to PM me I'll add you as a contact on my LinkedIn account, that might help expand the contact base on your profile, so maybe you get some additional hits from recruiters, while you are exploring your job/educational choices and options fresh with a 4 Year college degree....
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #1104 on: June 02, 2017, 12:59:43 AM »

I'm going to the graet staet of alakska
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1105 on: June 02, 2017, 11:16:30 AM »

Last day of sophomore year before testing. People are moving things in my English class, and I'm about to have a goddamn aneurysm.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1106 on: June 02, 2017, 09:48:33 PM »

I just saw a girl on Tinder who is from Norway and working in America as an au-pair. She wasn't bad looking but her bio contained the words "ethno-nationalist" in it so I swiped left like I always do to obvious collectivists (up until this year I've actually desired and preferred a liberal/leftist girlfriend, but things are too tense right now).

I've seen a lot of bios that read "down with late capitalism!" but never an otherwise seemingly normal Neo-Nazi on there. Also there was like a 45 year old woman on there pretending to be 22. That was pretty funny.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1107 on: June 03, 2017, 10:21:29 AM »

#hottake here, but both the conservative and the radical propose (ideally) a generally tame or harmonious world built upon violence. They will, of course, justify this by claiming said lack of violence allows other, more violent forces to prevail.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1108 on: June 03, 2017, 10:40:41 AM »

I'll just leave this here

(I have more)
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1109 on: June 03, 2017, 04:56:05 PM »

Accidentally told familysearch I'm my own grandma.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1110 on: June 03, 2017, 05:14:30 PM »

Philip J. Fry was his own grandfather, so...
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1111 on: June 03, 2017, 05:20:37 PM »

Have fun!  I've been there a couple of times, it's beautiful.

It's sunny almost all day this time of year, which can be both good and bad.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1112 on: June 03, 2017, 05:43:16 PM »

There's a good Willie Nelson song I have to recommend.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1113 on: June 03, 2017, 06:10:10 PM »

(I have more)

You okay, dude?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1114 on: June 03, 2017, 06:40:06 PM »

Having a fb argument with someone who claimed to be a friend of mine telling me I must choose between my religion and the U.S constitution and that "Trump will see to my deportation"....I just LOL'ed.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1115 on: June 03, 2017, 06:40:22 PM »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1116 on: June 03, 2017, 07:50:04 PM »

My computer has become barely functional. As I don't own a TV, this is troublesome, given its disruption of my occasional indulgence in entertainment (as well as the reduction in my EV calculator use).

In any case, before I attempted to watch television, I spent the day downtown and in midtown, including my inaugural ride on the Q-Line and my first visit to the biggest used bookstore in Michigan. Grabbed a book on pre-1861 Russia and one on the Soviet Union.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1117 on: June 03, 2017, 08:42:26 PM »

I heard my grandparents talking about how Sadiq Khan is responsible for these attacks for "letting Muslims into his city". I broke my Golden Rule and went after them. I quoted Madison, Adams, and C. S. Lewis to great extent to say that America is not a Judeo-Christian nation and to mention how demons encourage us to one extreme or another - "pacificism or patriotism"(liberalism v. conservatism) and make faith a means and the politics an end.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1118 on: June 03, 2017, 08:49:48 PM »

My computer has become barely functional. As I don't own a TV, this is troublesome, given its disruption of my occasional indulgence in entertainment (as well as the reduction in my EV calculator use).

In any case, before I attempted to watch television, I spent the day downtown and in midtown, including my inaugural ride on the Q-Line and my first visit to the biggest used bookstore in Michigan. Grabbed a book on pre-1861 Russia and one on the Soviet Union.

As an IT guy, I'm curious, what's it doing exactly?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1119 on: June 03, 2017, 08:56:40 PM »

Ribbon's been effed for a while, so the picture is shaky. What's causing me real pain is how painfully slow it is to operate, particularly with regards to Internet use. The browser will take forever to load even page changes, freeze up, and have to "unclog". This happens at such a rate that it is barely worth using.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1120 on: June 03, 2017, 09:19:37 PM »

Ribbon's been effed for a while, so the picture is shaky. What's causing me real pain is how painfully slow it is to operate, particularly with regards to Internet use. The browser will take forever to load even page changes, freeze up, and have to "unclog". This happens at such a rate that it is barely worth using.

Assuming you already back upped all of your data and ran a clean install of windows, and potentially even reformatted the hard drive to determine if it is a hardware of software issue?

Although I'm not an IT guy, I have a few friends that run their own Computer businesses, so narrowing down the problem, is a main key to the solution.

Computer Make/Model, Operating System is always a good place to start, but this is more in the Shadowy Abyss realm than mine, when it comes to computer diagnostics.... Wink

Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1121 on: June 04, 2017, 08:32:56 AM »

tbh I hate myself for being open to dating someone like this as long as she's not racist, but it's not a real problem for me because all the young women I know are either leftists or postwar-European-style Catholic centrists.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1122 on: June 04, 2017, 08:42:45 AM »

Thinking of starting a family Smiley Exploring options.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1123 on: June 04, 2017, 11:13:23 AM »

(I have more)

She sounds lovely.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1124 on: June 04, 2017, 11:27:54 AM »

I never had stronger alergic reaction than this season.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies