Gabbard/Kander 2020
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:17:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Gabbard/Kander 2020
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gabbard/Kander 2020  (Read 982 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 19, 2017, 05:39:14 PM »

A ticket with Hawaii Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard as the 2020 Democratic presidential nominee and former Missouri Secretary of State Jason Kander would be a good presidential ticket in 2020. They would win the Midwest away from Trump/Pence/Ryan/Rubio. Two military members, strong record. Good public speakers. Will some in the anti-military Left say no to this ticket?
Kringla Heimsins
France

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 06:07:57 PM »

Biggest problem would be Tulsi Gabbard's record. She has ties with Anti-LGBT and Anti-Muslims groups, and is opposed to basically all immigration and gun control. She is way more conservative than the average Democrat.

Plus I don't know if a ticket without a Christian can be viable. Kander is Jewish and Gabbard is Hindu.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 09:06:49 PM »

Biggest problem would be Tulsi Gabbard's record. She has ties with Anti-LGBT and Anti-Muslims groups, and is opposed to basically all immigration and gun control. She is way more conservative than the average Democrat.

Plus I don't know if a ticket without a Christian can be viable. Kander is Jewish and Gabbard is Hindu.

-She is ever so slightly to the Left of Tim Kaine according to DW-NOMINATE. And there's no proof moving right on social issues and immigration is a losing strategy for Democrats. Remember, HRC got fewer votes than Barack Obama in Dearborn, Michigan, which should really be an embarrassment for Her, since Mitt Romney wasn't threatening a Muslim ban.

Mitt Romney was not a Christian, and he still won the Evangelical vote. Democrats care even less about Christianity than Evangelicals.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 09:08:21 PM »

I would support this ticket either way.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 09:09:13 PM »

Stop. With. The. Kander. Talk. Please.

He did not run that great of a campaign. He disqualified the incumbent but failed to show why he was the right alternative.

That being said, I think he can win any executive office he wants in Missouri in 2020. Whoever the weakest incumbent or open seat.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 09:31:46 PM »

bronz4141 please stop spamming.
Rjjr77
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 04:17:23 PM »

A ticket with Hawaii Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard as the 2020 Democratic presidential nominee and former Missouri Secretary of State Jason Kander would be a good presidential ticket in 2020. They would win the Midwest away from Trump/Pence/Ryan/Rubio. Two military members, strong record. Good public speakers. Will some in the anti-military Left say no to this ticket?

The average person is going to go "Who?"

This ticket, with Kander, might not even carry Missouri let alone "...win the Midwest..."
politics_king
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2017, 04:00:24 AM »

I dig it, a lot of Democrats don't like Gabbard's foreign policy but I feel she is really polished politically, she got into politics back in her early 20's. Right now, the Dems need a person who will battle Trump on actual policy not just name-calling politics.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies