Office of R2D2 (I-MA) - Statement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:35:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of R2D2 (I-MA) - Statement
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Office of R2D2 (I-MA) - Statement  (Read 4508 times)
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2017, 08:29:26 PM »

(Don't take it too seriously, it's just a joke.)
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2017, 08:45:44 PM »

I am announcing that I am suing ReaganClinton for defamation and slander.
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2017, 10:33:58 PM »

Whoops, guess I messed with the wrong senator. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2017, 10:46:21 PM »

That's right, pardner. I'm the sheriff round these parts.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2017, 10:47:57 PM »

That's right, pardner. I'm the sheriff round these parts.

Kinky.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2017, 02:16:19 AM »

Why does this always happen when 20RP12 is involved with close Regional Senate elections. Tongue

Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2017, 09:04:28 AM »

Why does this always happen when 20RP12 is involved with close Regional Senate elections. Tongue

Oh, Invali-gate. What a time.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2017, 03:38:15 PM »

At least you don't have a sock this time. Tongue

Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2017, 03:55:26 PM »

At least you don't have a sock this time. Tongue

Or do I...?mods pls
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2017, 03:05:13 PM »

Four days pass since R2D2's statement, and no court case is launched...
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2017, 04:38:09 PM »

Four days pass since R2D2's statement, and no court case is launched...

I have been speaking privately with Cinyc to arrange something that doesn't involve a lawsuit. More importantly, it also doesn't involve you. But thanks for your concern.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2017, 06:52:37 PM »

Statement

With the passage and signing of the Solution to a Tied Election Act in Lincoln, I can announce an agreement I have come to with Cinyc.

First of all, I would like to thank the voters of Lincoln for their participation in this election and for showing that competition is always worthwhile, no matter how much it seems like one candidate is a "favorite to win". I would also like to thank Cinyc for his spirited challenge, and for cooperating to reach this agreement.

I am dropping my lawsuit against former Lt. Governor Kyc for invalidating my vote in the last election--it was nobody's fault but mine that I failed to vote for myself in my first ballot, and it is not worth litigating over something that I should be man enough to admit was my own fault.

Cinyc and I have agreed, pursuant to the new legislation passed, to split the Senate term. I will serve the first two months of the term (November-January) and Cinyc will serve the remaining two months (January-March).

We believe this is a fair outcome for both parties and I look forward to our collaborations in the future.

For now, I am focused on returning to Nyman and working with my colleagues for the next two months on helping Atlasia move forward, ensuring success and equality for all people. After my term expires, I will fulfill my promise to return to Lincoln to help rejuvenate our region's legislature.

I thank you all for your support, your confidence, and your well wishes. This has not been an easy process, but it is finally over and I believe Lincoln and Atlasia will be better for it.

Best wishes, and enjoy the rest of your Halloween.

x Senator R2D2 (I-MA)
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #87 on: November 01, 2017, 07:27:13 PM »

I am glad to see the classy move being done here to split the upcoming term between you and challenger cinyc.
- Congressman and House Majority Leader JGibson (Lab-IL)
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #88 on: November 01, 2017, 07:49:08 PM »

Statement

With the passage and signing of the Solution to a Tied Election Act in Lincoln, I can announce an agreement I have come to with Cinyc.

First of all, I would like to thank the voters of Lincoln for their participation in this election and for showing that competition is always worthwhile, no matter how much it seems like one candidate is a "favorite to win". I would also like to thank Cinyc for his spirited challenge, and for cooperating to reach this agreement.

I am dropping my lawsuit against former Lt. Governor Kyc for invalidating my vote in the last election--it was nobody's fault but mine that I failed to vote for myself in my first ballot, and it is not worth litigating over something that I should be man enough to admit was my own fault.

Cinyc and I have agreed, pursuant to the new legislation passed, to split the Senate term. I will serve the first two months of the term (November-January) and Cinyc will serve the remaining two months (January-March).

We believe this is a fair outcome for both parties and I look forward to our collaborations in the future.

For now, I am focused on returning to Nyman and working with my colleagues for the next two months on helping Atlasia move forward, ensuring success and equality for all people. After my term expires, I will fulfill my promise to return to Lincoln to help rejuvenate our region's legislature.

I thank you all for your support, your confidence, and your well wishes. This has not been an easy process, but it is finally over and I believe Lincoln and Atlasia will be better for it.

Best wishes, and enjoy the rest of your Halloween.

x Senator R2D2 (I-MA)
While I don’t agree with you politically I would like to thank you for doing the smart right classy thing to do I would also like to apologize for being a bit rude after the October elections.
Look forward to your and cinyc leadership.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2017, 07:36:53 PM »

Statement

I am excited to announce my selection as Atlasia's new Deputy Game Moderator. This role is a new challenge that I am looking forward to tackling head-on. I'd like to thank 1184AZ for considering me for the role, and I look forward to working with both him, Enduro, and Kyc0705 to bring fresh ideas to the department.

I am also looking forward to working with my colleagues in the Senate to pass legislation to move Atlasia forward as an international leader in equality, both socially and economically.

Thank you, everyone.

Senator R2D2
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: December 11, 2017, 05:22:44 PM »

Statement

Due to a myriad of different reasons, some in-game and some IRL, I am announcing that I will be stepping away from Atlasian politics indefinitely once my term in the Senate ends in a few days.

Let me just put this out there for consideration...

Atlasia has become a quagmire of personality cults. On both ends of the political spectrum, cliques have become more valuable than policymakers. Those who want to win flock to one party, rather than searching for solutions independently.

The Labor Party has lost its way because it refuses to run candidates who will compromise, and listen to their ideological counterparts. The Federalists constantly dominate elections because they have rallied behind each other and actually appeal to independent sensibilities. Some candidates get to run under the Labor banner in spite of the fact that they either don't know how the game works, or just make foolish and stupid "campaign" statements that read more like Facebook posts than statements from someone seeking an elected office.

Either way, party politics are a plague on this game.

For the many, many years that I have been involved in this game, I have seen this same thing happen over and over...parties become more important than actual solutions, and those in power just pass the baton to heirs rather than recruiting new players to actually legislate and think for themselves.

Also, many of you take this game way too seriously. Take that from someone who used to spend time handwriting legislation and budgets instead of working on homework in high school.

It's been real. Perhaps I'll reemerge from the shadows in a few months once you've all torn each others' heads off for the millionth time. I'm sure this statement will matter very little in the grand scheme of things, but for those of you reading...consider how you approach Atlasia. Are you playing to do what is right within the parameters of the game? Or are you playing to "win"? And are you voting for those that you think will do a good job, or are you voting for those who share your label?

R2D2
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #91 on: December 11, 2017, 05:27:57 PM »

It's funny how posters always criticize Labor after they are out of politics, but never when they need Labor in order to win elections.

Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2017, 05:53:41 PM »

It's funny how posters always criticize Labor after they are out of politics, but never when they need Labor in order to win elections.

I've made my concerns clear both publicly and privately. I never went begging for votes, though I would like to think Labor didn't back me solely because I was "the leftist candidate" in any given election. That is precisely why I remained Independent--even refusing to caucus with Labor during my time in the Senate.
wxtransit
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: 2.43

« Reply #93 on: December 11, 2017, 05:59:55 PM »
« Edited: December 11, 2017, 06:02:07 PM by Rep.-elect wxtransit »

Statement

Due to a myriad of different reasons, some in-game and some IRL, I am announcing that I will be stepping away from Atlasian politics indefinitely once my term in the Senate ends in a few days.

Let me just put this out there for consideration...

Atlasia has become a quagmire of personality cults. On both ends of the political spectrum, cliques have become more valuable than policymakers. Those who want to win flock to one party, rather than searching for solutions independently.

The Labor Party has lost its way because it refuses to run candidates who will compromise, and listen to their ideological counterparts. The Federalists constantly dominate elections because they have rallied behind each other and actually appeal to independent sensibilities. Some candidates get to run under the Labor banner in spite of the fact that they either don't know how the game works, or just make foolish and stupid "campaign" statements that read more like Facebook posts than statements from someone seeking an elected office.

Either way, party politics are a plague on this game.

For the many, many years that I have been involved in this game, I have seen this same thing happen over and over...parties become more important than actual solutions, and those in power just pass the baton to heirs rather than recruiting new players to actually legislate and think for themselves.

Also, many of you take this game way too seriously. Take that from someone who used to spend time handwriting legislation and budgets instead of working on homework in high school.

It's been real. Perhaps I'll reemerge from the shadows in a few months once you've all torn each others' heads off for the millionth time. I'm sure this statement will matter very little in the grand scheme of things, but for those of you reading...consider how you approach Atlasia. Are you playing to do what is right within the parameters of the game? Or are you playing to "win"? And are you voting for those that you think will do a good job, or are you voting for those who share your label?

R2D2

I may not agree with you politically, but I agree with a good portion of the sentiment.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #94 on: December 11, 2017, 06:15:41 PM »

R2D2 you have served this game as both a Senator, Deputy GM/GM honorably standing above partisan politics in order to fight for a stronger game. I wish you best of success in the future affairs.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2017, 02:30:03 PM »
« Edited: December 12, 2017, 02:40:48 PM by King Louis XV »

I've made my concerns clear both publicly and privately. I never went begging for votes, though I would like to think Labor didn't back me solely because I was "the leftist candidate" in any given election. That is precisely why I remained Independent--even refusing to caucus with Labor during my time in the Senate.
I never saw any of your posts criticizing Labor publicly. And for your private messages, they were to try to convince Labor to back a potential presidential bid and no one supported it in the party.

After having used the Labor machine, you like many others before behave like an ingrateful man. You would have been nothing without Labor and now that you're retiring you choose to suddenly start criticizing the party.

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2017, 03:09:25 PM »

After having used the Labor machine, you like many others before behave like an ingrateful man. You would have been nothing without Labor and now that you're retiring you choose to suddenly start criticizing the party.

Lol. What could anyone have to be grateful to Labour about?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2017, 03:26:50 PM »

Hmmm, I wonder why that is?

You would have been nothing without Labor
Oh, I see.

With all due respect Windjammer (and I truly do mean this in the most respectful way possible because I do think highly of you as a person), if your goal here is to try to get him to see why he should be thankful for Labor, or to get people to stop bashing Labor when they leave, this approach really isn't a very good way to go about it. It not only makes people more likely to continue bashing Labor, but it also doesn't offer any incentives for people to stay in the party, or even join it in the first place.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #98 on: December 12, 2017, 03:37:09 PM »

All the drama aside, it is sad to see you go, R2D2, and I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. You have truly been an incredibly respectable person in Atlasian politics, and it is surely a loss we will all feel, regardless of party affiliation.  I am proud to have had the opportunity to work with you and get to know you.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #99 on: December 12, 2017, 03:42:21 PM »

Lol. What could anyone have to be grateful to Labour about?
I, for one, have long since ceased to expect appreciation for the time and energy I put into the party. It used to be I would spend hours leading up to elections, and practically all of election weekend, vigorously recruiting, campaigning, and whipping votes — only to have people stab me in the back when they no longer needed my help. Oh well.

I don't know what the situation with R2D2 is, because I never received any PMs from him and had not heard these complaints before yesterday.  I definitely agree with him that caring too much about this stuff is neither healthy nor constructive, and wish him the best.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies