Office of R2D2 (I-MA) - Statement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:25:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of R2D2 (I-MA) - Statement
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Office of R2D2 (I-MA) - Statement  (Read 4505 times)
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2017, 02:57:31 PM »

Endorsed.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2017, 02:22:33 PM »

Update 6/26/17:

Firstly, I would like to thank all the citizens of both Lincoln and Atlasia for their participation in this weekend's election, regardless of your party affiliation or for whom you voted. Election season is always an exciting time and many great folks deservedly won elections across this great nation.

I would like to congratulate President DFWLibertyLover and Vice President Goldwater on their re-election. The work we have accomplished together over the past few months has been rewarding, and I look forward to the next four months of continuing to work toward our common goal of improving our nation.

I would also like to congratulate my friend, Governor Mike Wells, on his re-election. His unprecedented dedication to this region has been astounding and heartwarming. Few have served this region as dutifully as he has, and I have full faith that he will continue to do an excellent job in his position.

I would like to thank and congratulate my opponent, Cinyc, for running a great campaign and I hope to hear from both him and his supporters on how I can serve them better. My office is always open for questions, comments, and concerns. I will try my best to tend to all of them. My duty is to serve all of Lincoln, not just my party, or my supporters, or my own interests.

Thank you again, everyone. Your support and your faith in me as your Senator is humbling. I look forward to serving you for another term. I believe that we can continue to fight for middle class and poor Atlasians, strengthen our commitment to equality and justice, and make this country fairer and freer for all.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2017, 04:14:20 PM »

Congratulations on your victory!
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2017, 05:59:21 PM »

Congrats on your victory.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2017, 11:08:43 PM »

My fellow Atlasians,

I recently learned the news of President DFW's resignation. This news not only comes as a shock to me, but I'm sure to many of you as well. The President's tireless dedication to bipartisan solutions that better the lives of all Atlasians has been immensely commendable. I thank him for his service and I wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors.

To Vice President Goldwater, an old friend and a colleague for many years, I look forward to seeing you sworn in as President. I am ready to begin working with you, as well as my colleagues in the Senate, to continue the great things we've been accomplishing over the past few months. You will make a fine leader of this great nation.

Finally, I would like to congratulate another old friend and colleague, Senator Scott, on his re-election this weekend. For many years, I've looked up to Scott quite a bit and it is always reassuring to know that such a dedicated servant will return to represent the people of Lincoln in our nation's capitol.

Thank you all for your support.

Senator R2D2 (I-MA)
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2017, 10:53:56 PM »

Friends,

Some of you may be aware of a report that was released today indicating that I am considering a run for the Presidency.

I believe it is in the best interests of the nation as well as the Lincoln region that I make no further statements on this matter. President DFWLibertyLover's resignation, along with reports that Vice President Goldwater may not serve as President after all, leads me to believe that it is more vital to focus on the smooth transition of power between the current administration and whomever serves as our next President.

I am not denying my interest in running for President eventually, but I believe that the nation cannot afford a power struggle and I will do my best to work with Vice President Goldwater to assist him in any capacity that I can.

Thank you.

Senator R2D2 (I-MA)
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2017, 06:19:52 PM »

Well folks, here we go again.

President Goldwater's resignation comes as a surprise to me, but I can't say I wasn't expecting this. The Presidency is a pressing and difficult role to fill, but I believe Goldwater made a fine decision in selecting fhtagn to inevitably serve as President. As our nation's first female President, she will inspire women and girls across Atlasia to serve in politics, and I look forward to working with her to help achieve the nation's mutual goals.

Senator PiT, another old colleague of mine, has been selected as the new Vice President of Atlasia, and I believe he will make a fine VP. I look forward to confirming him and getting to work with my colleagues in the Senate.

Thank you.

Senator R2D2 (I-MA)
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2017, 06:56:16 PM »

An announcement from the Office of Lincoln Senator R2D2 (I-MA)
September 12th 2017 - Lancaster, PA

Friends,

After what could only be described as a turbulent past few weeks in our government, the dust has finally settled. The Senate is hard at work debating legislation to provide relief to those affected by the devastation caused by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma in the Southern Region, and we have passed significant legislation since I arrived in Nyman a few months ago.

I have written legislation that has provided relief for the devastating famine in Sudan, as well as a bill to provide incentive for Atlasia's youth to get active through organized sports. I have also worked in conjunction with my colleagues to pass legislation that benefits all Atlasians, not just the wealthy elites.

I came to Nyman from the Lincoln Assembly, where I worked tirelessly to revive my home region's legislative activity after months of decline. Governor Mike Wells also deserves tremendous praise for his hard work in contributing to Lincoln's return to prominence in Atlasian politics.

President DFWLibertyLover's resignation sent shockwaves through our great nation. His bipartisan efforts to create a fairer, stronger, more prosperous Atlasia was quite admirable. I admire President Fhtagn's commitment to stabilizing our government after two unexpected resignations, but I believe the time has come for a clean slate.

Today, I am launching an exploratory committee to run for President of Atlasia. This decision did not come lightly, but I believe that my history of bipartisan solutions, legislative activity, and tireless dedication to our great nation has lead me down this path.

I know recent polls do not spell success for my campaign, but I will be spending the next few weeks meeting with folks in the South and in Fremont to better understand the issues they are facing in order to grow as a leader. I want to earn your trust, your faith, and your vote.

This is an Independent campaign. I bend to no party's will. I want to be a President for all Atlasians, not for one party or one ideology. Today begins a great journey for all of us, and I would be proud and honored to serve as your next President.

Please feel free to ask any questions. Thank you all.

Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2017, 10:49:47 PM »

Update

With the announcement that Scott has joined Prime Minister Truman's ticket as his Vice Presidential selection, I am withdrawing my interest in running for President of Atlasia. I believe in Truman and Scott as leaders and hindering their chances of winning the Presidency would do a great disservice to this country.

Instead, I am announcing a re-election bid for Senate. This will be my final term in the Senate. If I am lucky enough to be elected for a new term, I will finish it in February and return to Lincoln to serve in local government once again.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2017, 10:53:48 PM »

Thank you for your support, Senator.  And you of course have my endorsement for reelection.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2017, 11:42:55 PM »

Thank you for your support, Senator.  And you of course have my endorsement for reelection.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2017, 05:54:04 PM »

Endorsed for the Senate.

Hopefully R2D2 for president still happens in the future.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2017, 06:20:26 PM »

Endorsed for the Senate.

Hopefully R2D2 for president still happens in the future.

Purple heart Purple heart Purple heart
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2017, 09:46:08 PM »

R2D2 is worthy of another term in the Senate. Endorsed.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2017, 03:48:16 PM »

Hey everyone,

I know I haven't campaigned or done much work to promote my re-election campaign, but I haven't quite had the time to make a statement recently.

Serving in the Senate for the past few months has been an honor and a privilege. Working with the White House to pass crucial legislation that protects the interests of our middle class has been a wonderful experience. I would be honored to serve another term to continue fighting for the people of Lincoln in the Senate.

I would like to reiterate my promise from when I first announced my re-election bid: this will be my final term in the Senate at least for a little while. I feel compelled to return to politics at the regional level, and I would like to see a new face take my seat once my term finishes. I don't know where my future will be after my term ends, but I can assure you I will never stop fighting for the interests that got me elected in the first place: protecting our middle class, ensuring the safety of all Atlasians, fighting for equality of all people, and making Atlasia stronger and more united.

Thank you all. I truly appreciate your support.

x Senator R2D2

Also, as a bonus, I have decided to unveil my official portrait (since everyone else seems to have one):

The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2017, 04:51:30 PM »

FETTERMAN Purple heart
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2017, 07:27:15 PM »

My actual dad
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2017, 03:28:00 PM »

Folks, the election has now begun.

I humbly ask for your support in my effort to return to Nyman to continue fighting on your behalf. There is so much still to accomplish and I look forward to getting to work!

I also encourage you to give the following candidates a first preference:

Truman/Scott for President/Vice President
Lok1999 for Governor

Regardless of who you support, please make your voice heard this weekend!

x Senator R2D2 (I-MA)
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2017, 03:03:50 PM »

Friends,

The election is drawing to a close and we have a close race for Senate. Now is the time to make your voice heard. I have largely stayed away from making my case publicly, as I believe my record speaks for itself, but now may be the best time for me to do so.

In the Senate, I have fought for sensible legislation on guns. I have never supported banning all guns, nor would I ever. I believe in the right of all Atlasians to own firearms for self-defense and for hunting. I do, however, believe in increased background checks and mental health screenings to ensure that folks with violent tendencies do not get their hands on weapons. I appreciate the input I've heard from President fhtagn and Mr. Reactionary on this issue--I will always listen to my colleagues across the political spectrum on all issues, as I believe my opinion is never the only one worth listening to.

I have fought for increased protections of LGBT students, women, and minorities. I sponsored legislation to encourage Atlasian schools to be a model of acceptance towards all students, allowing them to feel safe and welcome in a place of learning and scholarship. If we truly believe that all men are created equal, we must work to protect all Atlasians.

On foreign policy, I have made my voice heard. I have sponsored legislation to provide relief to the famine-stricken Sudanese people. I made the tough decision to support the President's invasion of North Korea, but not before stating that a timetable for withdrawal must be set in order to move forward with the invasion. Thankfully, the war ended quickly and a new era of peace has been ushered in for the North Korean people.

I have voted in favor of legislation to aid the Atlasians effected by the recent Hurricanes in the Southern region. It is my belief that any Atlasian in need should be taken care of swiftly and adequately by our government.

I have been met with bipartisan support on many of these issues. I am not beholden to any party or interest other than those of the people of Lincoln. If you ever have any comments or concerns, my office is always open, and I will always listen. I want to reflect the thoughts and feelings of Lincoln in Nyman.

It would be an honor to return as your Senator. I hope I have made a fair enough case, but the choice is up to you. Please remember to vote in these final hours.

Thank you.

x Senator R2D2 (I-MA)
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2017, 02:18:09 PM »

Friends,

The election has concluded and the result is currently up in the air. Due to a personal error, I forgot to vote for myself in my original post. I make no excuses for this, and I will withhold any of my personal opinions on what should happen next while Lt. Governor kyc makes his decision about the results.

Either way, I would like to congratulate Cinyc on an extremely impressive challenge. I believe this result marks a turning of the tides in Atlasian politics; voters are demanding new legislators to bring fresh ideas to the table. I believe this is an era that could produce wonderful results, provided that those elected fulfill their duties and act on behalf of the Atlasian people. Cinyc is an esteemed legislator who has served at numerous levels of government and I believe he would make a fine Senator if he ultimately ends up winning the seat.

To echo Cinyc's words, I believe we can ultimately reach an arrangement that benefits both of us should the results come back as a tie. I would also encourage the Lincoln Assembly to adopt a constitutional amendment to prevent further legal ambiguity when situations like this occur in the future.

Nevertheless, I would like to thank everyone who voted, whether for myself or for my opponent. Your participation in our elections helps keep the heart of Atlasia and the Lincoln region beating.

I will make no further statements about the results of the election until a certification is issued. Thank you all for your time and your support.

x Senator R2D2 (I-MA)
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2017, 03:50:30 PM »

Senator R2 you have lost your vote is disqualified.
Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2017, 03:57:30 PM »

No he didn't, it's a tie.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2017, 03:58:37 PM »

First of all, with my vote invalidated, the election is a tie.

Second of all, I will be consulting with my legal team for my next step to ensure that my vote is counted, as it doesn't expressly violate the clause that Kyc cited in the voting thread.

Third of all, please stop sticking your nose in affairs that do not concern you. Maybe what I said last night didn't stick with you, but you're coming off as a real jerk, and that's not a good look for you.

No further comments.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2017, 05:03:00 PM »

Statement

I am considering all my legal options right now, but I will state that I do not agree with the Lt. Governor's decision to disqualify my ballot. I will announce a decision about my next course of action within the next 24 hours. My office will be open for questions, comments, and concerns as always. If you are interested in providing legal counsel, please consult me privately.

Thank you.

Senator R2D2 (I-MA)
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2017, 06:21:59 PM »

Statement

After careful consideration and consultation with esteemed Atlasians, I have decided that I will be suing the Lincoln Region, and Lt. Governor Kyc, over the decision to invalidate my ballot from this past weekend's elections. I wanted to avoid this course of action, but it was an inevitability that the Lt. Governor's decision would result in a lawsuit.

I believe it was an egregious miscarriage of the law to invalidate my ballot, as I voted for no office twice, and Atlasian law does not strictly prohibit voters from voting for different offices in two separate ballots. My legal team will be reviewing evidence to support my charge and we will bring a brief to whatever court must handle this case as soon as possible. Unfortunately, Lincoln does not currently have a Justice to represent the region, so this case may ultimately end up in the Supreme Court.

At any rate, I hope to see this case resolved quickly and in a way that best serves the rights of voters. If you are interested in offering legal counsel, I am open to help from any party interested.

Have a wonderful evening.

Senator R2D2 (I-MA)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies