Will Arnold Schwatzenegger get re-elected?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:25:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Will Arnold Schwatzenegger get re-elected?  (Read 38631 times)
migrendel
Italy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2004, 10:28:59 PM »

The population of Loving County is indeed lower than the returns show, according to the Census Bureau:
http://eire.census.gov/popest/data/counties/tables/CO-EST 2002/CO-EST 2002-01-48.php
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2004, 10:45:20 PM »

Migrendel, why did you do Bandit's dirty work for him?  I believed him but I wanted to see his method of backing up his statements.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2004, 10:58:52 PM »

Oops. Sorry. I guess I just couldn't wait to point out that peccadillo.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2004, 10:59:52 PM »

Oops. Sorry. I guess I just couldn't wait to point out that peccadillo.
Peccadillo? Smiley
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2004, 11:06:22 PM »

I was talking about the obvious voter fraud.
jravnsbo

« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2004, 12:03:07 AM »

How far off is it?

Because not all are counted bya  census, people move, etc.

The population of Loving County is indeed lower than the returns show, according to the Census Bureau:
http://eire.census.gov/popest/data/counties/tables/CO-EST 2002/CO-EST 2002-01-48.php
jravnsbo

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2004, 12:04:21 AM »

Damn it I knew Clinton cheated in 1996 Smiley

Elections in America have been a fraud since '94 and everyone knows it.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2004, 07:02:48 AM »

Memo to the Texas GOP:

In future don't make blatent electoral fraud so damn obvious!
Carey
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -3.38, S: -5.74

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2004, 09:53:36 AM »

Will Arnold be re-elected? Very good question, and the best answer for this is, I don't know, we shall wait and see.

We'll need to wait and see whether California starts getting better under him or not (pretty much the litmus test for all politicians.)

If things remain bad, or even get worse, chances are, he'll have trouble getting re elected.

It also depends who the candidate is that goes against him. If the Democrat is a good, enthusiastic candidate full of ideas for the state, he/she will be good competition. If he/she is just another DLC "elect me because I am qualified" drone, he/she will probably lose.

It's important to realise that Arnold was not elected because of a "rising republican trend" or anything - heck he's more liberal than many southern Democratic governors, he was elected due to his popularity. He would've probably won under any party's banner - short of the communists or the nazis.

Also remember a lot of Arnold's votes were first time votes, the "wouldn't it be cool if the Terminator was our governor?" novelty votes, and the thing about novelties, is they wear off quickly, so he's probably lost that group now (that group won't go Democratic, they just won't vote at all.) He'll have to rely purely on the concerned voter.

Basically to summarise, if he does his job well, he'll get re-elected (and would deserve to be), if not and somebody decent challenges him, he can go back to making movies.
jravnsbo

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2004, 04:21:37 PM »

What Texas Fraud?

Memo to the Texas GOP:

In future don't make blatent electoral fraud so damn obvious!
jravnsbo

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2004, 04:23:08 PM »

Give this mana  cigar!

Basically to summarise, if he does his job well, he'll get re-elected (and would deserve to be), if not and somebody decent challenges him, he can go back to making movies.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
NHPolitico

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2004, 11:49:37 AM »

I don't think the bar is too high.  He's gotten great marks so far and voters think he's rolling up his sleeve and bringing positive action to Sacramento's thick bureaucratic system.  His wife is adored by the state, as well.  

He's also using common sense and I think that voters can connect with that.  He was asked about retrofitting buildings to keep them earthquake-proof. He said that businesses and towns can see that it works by looking at which ones are still upright after the Paso Robles quake, and that it should be up to localities and local businesses to decide which ones are worth the expense of protecting.  

jravnsbo

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2004, 07:34:50 PM »

Saw  a piece tonight that he is working mostly int eh middle and staying above party politics a lot.  He is meeting face to face with legislators.  Sounds simple, well under Gray Davis it never happened, and even the Democrats said it was a refreshing change.
jravnsbo

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2004, 07:35:10 PM »

Oh yeah I believe tonight is the state of the state address.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2004, 07:40:55 PM »

Yes it is.  Will it be televised on the major networks?  Not that I care, I'll be watching Stephon Maurbury and the Knicks manhandle Cleveland.
jravnsbo

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2004, 07:45:22 PM »

I think just in California, but maybe C-span will have it.

Yes it is.  Will it be televised on the major networks?  Not that I care, I'll be watching Stephon Maurbury and the Knicks manhandle Cleveland.
PD
pd

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2004, 10:37:20 PM »

Yes. I think he will.
PD
pd

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2004, 10:44:24 PM »

The people of KALI-FORN-YA were stupid enough to elect him the first time. Why would they not want him again? Look how popular he is. With the recent earthquake and floods that California has had recently, AH-NULD has made KALI-FORN-YA the #1 ACTION State in za country! JA!!
Are you blaming the natural disasters here on him? AND, he's a hell of a lot better than Davis. Personally, I think Bill Simon should have won in 2002. He almost did, too. The stupid democrats think they have this state. They're wrong. The only reason Davis won in the first place ('98) was because of all the illegal Mexicans that were here that Clinton did nothing about. We gave you Nixon, we gave you Reagan. We had Pete Wilson. These are some of the most conservative people around (or that were around) and they all did excellent jobs. How dare you call us (at least the Republicans) stupid.
PD
pd

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2004, 05:28:42 PM »

That so-called "election" was rigged to begin with.
RIGGED?! How the Hell do you suppose it was rigged, huh?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2004, 05:30:34 PM »

That so-called "election" was rigged to begin with.
RIGGED?! How the Hell do you suppose it was rigged, huh?

Bandit is kind of like you, but leftist and minus the insults. I wouldn't really get too worked up over him, he thinks most Republican wins are rigged.
NHPolitico

« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2004, 07:55:16 PM »

I think unfortantly that Arnold could get re-elected...not to say that he should.

Why shouldn't he? He got more votes in 2003 than any candidate on the ballot in 2003 or 2002 in any race in any state in the country. He ran on a platform and is delivering on it.  Are you saying he shouldn't because he's illegitimate as a governor? What?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2004, 12:13:56 PM »

I think unfortantly that Arnold could get re-elected...not to say that he should.

Why shouldn't he? He got more votes in 2003 than any candidate on the ballot in 2003 or 2002 in any race in any state in the country. He ran on a platform and is delivering on it.  Are you saying he shouldn't because he's illegitimate as a governor? What?

Hm, funny that I will have to do this again...

Mr. Prez is a leftist troll, he probably means that Schwarzenegger is a bad person b/c he's a republican and therefore shouldn't be reelected. You could just ignore him, if you want, you know.... Wink
NHPolitico

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2004, 01:44:27 PM »

Mr. Prez is a leftist troll, he probably means that Schwarzenegger is a bad person b/c he's a republican and therefore shouldn't be reelected. You could just ignore him, if you want, you know.... Wink

Don't feed the troll, eh?
NHPolitico

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2004, 01:46:06 PM »

I just thought I'd try to lure him into responding substantively. I apologize for not ignoring him. Bad me.

: )
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2004, 08:59:47 AM »

Don't feed the troll, eh?

Exactly! Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies