IF Merkel is "forced out" soon... then what? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:01:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  IF Merkel is "forced out" soon... then what? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IF Merkel is "forced out" soon... then what?  (Read 4306 times)
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« on: November 23, 2017, 02:33:43 PM »

Macron, probably. He's already trying to get the driver's seat in the EU.

Agreed, I think Macron will take over Merkel's role even if she stays in office (which for the moment is by far the most likely thing) because she's pretty weakened now
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 07:07:03 AM »

Whoever Germany replaces her with would almost certainly be a better version of Merkel, because the only way to replace her is an SPD-Linke-Green coalition, which would put forward someone who simultaneously backs away from the hardline austerity tearing Europe apart and the anti-Russian hysteria of the Atlanticist Right (thanks to Linke).

Yeah I agree, she represents the worst of establishment conservatism. I think it would be hard to do any worse than her at this point.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 11:40:41 AM »

Whoever Germany replaces her with would almost certainly be a better version of Merkel, because the only way to replace her is an SPD-Linke-Green coalition, which would put forward someone who simultaneously backs away from the hardline austerity tearing Europe apart and the anti-Russian hysteria of the Atlanticist Right (thanks to Linke).

Yeah I agree, she represents the worst of establishment conservatism. I think it would be hard to do any worse than her at this point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ursula_von_der_Leyen
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annegret_Kramp-Karrenbauer

Are you sure? I think I'd be begging for Merkel to return if one of these 2 takes over, and apparently they are serious possibilities (though I think it will be Spahn in the end). I wish the zu Guttenberg scandal had never happened. I think he'd be a shoo-in for Merkel successor if he hadn't been forced to resign. And Germany badly needs a CSU Chancellor Smiley.

OK I agree with you here, you're right on all these points.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies