How have your views on abortion changed over the years? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:45:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  How have your views on abortion changed over the years? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
More pro-choice now

More pro-life now

No change

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 114

Author Topic: How have your views on abortion changed over the years?  (Read 4337 times)
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« on: March 29, 2018, 09:50:38 PM »

When I first heard the term abortion, I didn't have an opinion on it. Then around my Sophomore Year of High School, after hearing arguments from both sides of the issue, I concluded that I was pro choice. I  oppose late term and partial birth abortions except for when the mother's health is at stake (which is the case for a majority of late term abortions anyway).

I still support exceptions for Incest, Rape and the life of the mother, especially in cases two and three and believe that forcing a rape victim to bring a pregnancy that was the result of a rape to term is putting the woman's health at risk, abet her mental and emotional health. I also believe that people who oppose abortions in cases of incest, rape, and the life of the mother are monsters. It's one thing to oppose abortion as a contraceptive measure, in fact I can respect their position even if I disagree with it, but to force a woman to carry a product of incest to term knowing the risks, or forcing a rape victim to carry her attacker's child to term, or to physically endanger a woman's life for the sake of carrying the pregnancy to term is ed up in so many ways it boils my blood when people try to make a case for outlawing it in these cases (what's worse is they do it on religious grounds). I would also federally fund abortion in these cases.

Now, as a contraceptive measure, I'm of the belief that it should be "safe, legal, and rare." I do not support any state or federal funding going towards abortions that are done solely as a contraceptive measure.  We should also be working to reduce the number of abortions and to do that, we need to have sex education in our schools that teach more than abstinence and we need to make contraceptives more accessible and more affordable.

To answer the question of the thread, I guess not much, if anything, has changed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies