How have your views on abortion changed over the years? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:25:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  How have your views on abortion changed over the years? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
More pro-choice now

More pro-life now

No change

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 114

Author Topic: How have your views on abortion changed over the years?  (Read 4349 times)
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 19, 2017, 03:27:04 PM »

I guess I've always been (more or less) in the "pro-choice" camp but I increasingly find the libertarian-esque language of "choice" off-putting and I also have come to realize (based on discussions with people like TJ, for example) the fact that the moral sense of right and wrong that (most) people have is neither dictated by evolving notions of Progress nor rational (lol) interpretations of empirical data - nor should it be.

Moreover, I now realize that people who genuinely believe that abortion is murder aren't necessarily heartless misogynistic troglodytes, by any means; and consequently - especially considering just how incredibly sensitive moral debates over such intimate matters as the human (specifically, female human) body, the family, and children are - there will probably never be any resolution to this issue (and if there were, what would that say about the state of the fundamentally subjective nature of humanity? Would we really want to live in a world where everyone agreed on everything??).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies