Is Rick Santorum right to compare homosexuality to beastiality?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 11:13:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Is Rick Santorum right to compare homosexuality to beastiality?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Poll
Question: 'a man sleeping with a man is just the same as a man sleeping with his dog? do you agree with this elected official?
Yes

No

Unsure

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 64

Author Topic: Is Rick Santorum right to compare homosexuality to beastiality?  (Read 22673 times)
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2005, 11:22:59 AM »

What would you rather watch

a women sleeping with a women
or a women sleeping with her dog?

I don't invite people into my house, whether in person or over the tv or over the internet, to have sex.

Maybe you're frustrated because you're not wholly devoted to the word of God.
MissCatholic

« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2005, 11:24:13 AM »

I don't invite people into my house, whether in person or over the tv or over the internet, to have sex.

How i practice my faith is my buisness. As you dont know how i do this you have no right to tell me whether i am doing something wrong or not.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2005, 11:25:26 AM »

How i practice my faith is my buisness. As you dont know how i do this you have no right to tell me whether i am doing something wrong or not.

Then why are you "frustrated"?
Speed of Sound
LiberalPA
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2005, 11:26:22 AM »

shes probably frustrated with people like you. Tongue
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2005, 11:33:43 AM »

Just because you choose the lesser of two evils means that one is not evil.  However, of the two, the two women would be more appealing.  Just as if you had two men up there or two consenting heterosexual 90-year olds . . . I'd still chose the two women.  (Of course, I'm not a voyer, so the odds of any of the above happening is fairly slim.)
MissCatholic

« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2005, 11:37:04 AM »
« Edited: July 25, 2005, 11:38:44 AM by Frustrated MissCatholic »

Why didnt you ask me that question first before judging me with that filthy mind of yours.

I am frustrated as we have a President that has failed to fund any kind of education policy. We have personal debt climbing all the time. We then have a senate passing a bill to make it harder for people to get out of the holes they are in. We have 45 million people that dont have healthcare. We have people that defend the actions of this policy with 'healthcare isnt expensive' well why is it climbing then?

We live in a country that proves natural selection - survival of the fittest...yet the same people that promote this culture ban the theory from school classrooms.

I am frustratd with the direction of this country. i hope i am allowed to hold that view. And i am a democrat that is against abortion!
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2005, 11:58:01 AM »

Why didnt you ask me that question first before judging me with that filthy mind of yours.

My filthy mind?!  Aren't you the one who asked:

---

I am frustrated as we have a President that has failed to fund any kind of education policy.

parents are the number one factor in education, not government.  So be frustrated that there are so many parents who don't take an active interest in their kids education.

---

We have personal debt climbing all the time.

Since when is that news?  Most young adults have been taught by Hollywood and MTV that "if it feels good, do it."

---

We then have a senate passing a bill to make it harder for people to get out of the holes they are in.

Then if you feel so sorry for the people who have followed their greed into debt, then why don’t you sell all your possessions and use the money to pay off their debts?  Why do you insist on someone else picking up the bill instead of you paying off their debt?

Paul writing to the Romans “Let no debt remain outstanding”

---

We have 45 million people that dont have healthcare. We have people that defend the actions of this policy with 'healthcare isnt expensive' well why is it climbing then?

I am self-employed and have four kids and a wife, and our monthly premium is $257/month.  How many of those 45 million have PlayStation and more than one TV?  How many of those 45 million have money to go to the movies?  How many of those 45 million have their priorities mixed up?

---

We live in a country that proves natural selection - survival of the fittest...yet the same people that promote this culture ban the theory from school classrooms.

Huh

---

I am frustrated with the direction of this country

The direction of this country is a result of sin.  That is why there are so many single mothers perpetuating the cycle of poverty and ignorance.  That is why there are 2 million Americans behind bars.  That is why a good portion of the population is infected with STDs.
MissCatholic

« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2005, 12:00:08 PM »

Your kidding me right? the country is in sin? are you pat robertson?
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: -3.15, S: -0.82

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2005, 12:05:43 PM »

Good luck with finding Japanese chicks in the Sonoran Desert MexicanStatesRights.

ok, so I dont live anywhere near the sonoran desert.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2005, 12:06:57 PM »
« Edited: July 25, 2005, 12:10:40 PM by jmfcst »

No, I am not Robertson, but I am not blind to the fact that:
--one out of four girls are molested
--2 million americans are behind bars
--STDs are common throughout the population
--teaching kids to remain virgin until marriage is mocked by the media
--media is pushing the approval of homosexuality
--a president can't call mass murderers "evil" without causing a media frenzy
--etc, etc, etc

Basically, most Americans have used their freedom to indulge their greed and sexual immorality.  
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2005, 12:12:31 PM »

The direction of this country is a result of sin.  That is why there are so many single mothers perpetuating the cycle of poverty and ignorance.  That is why there are 2 million Americans behind bars.  That is why a good portion of the population is infected with STDs.

Your kidding me right? the country is in sin?

That is a very interesting way to put it, and if you think about it, it's possibly correct.  Both jmfcst and MissCatholic can see that a moral life is one where people are guided into making "the right decision."  Sin is a result of making the wrong decision.  While we wouldn't consider not paying your credit card bill on time a "sin," it is the wrong decision . . . just as taking drugs or speeding.  In return, you can consider being moral the same as being responsible.  And we definitely have a problem with people not being responsible in their lives in recent decades.  Personal debt can be stopped by making the right, responsible choices in life.  Do I need a sports car in order to commute to work, when an inexpensive sedan will cost half the price and be more fuel efficient?  Do I need the $400K home with all the bells and whistles when the $250K home can be cleaned up and achieve the same ends?

Yes, I would have to say our country has been living in "sin" for a long time, and it's time people start making the "moral" decisions in their lives.  Be fiscally responsible, live within your means, and don't participate in acts which will harm you or your family.  
MissCatholic

« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2005, 12:20:07 PM »

No, I am not Robertson, but I am not blind to the fact that:
--one out of four girls are molested
--2 million americans are behind bars
--STDs are common throughout the population
--teaching kids to remain virgin until marriage is mocked by the media
--media is pushing the approval of homosexuality
--a president can't call mass murderers "evil" without causing a media frenzy

Basically, most Americans have used their freedom to indulge their greed and sexual immorality.  

Since Jeb Bush was elected, Child Molestation in Florida has increased by over 800%. Florida is now the paedophile state of America. Jessica Lunsford papers over the cracks of what the Republicans have failed to do.

I guess you havnt read my views on child molestation. I am pro death penalty. Child Molesters cant be cured. They should be killed within a month of conviction. Child Molestrers dont kill like murderers they kill as they frightened of getting caught.

2 million americans behind bars - well America has neglected millions of people. There are two ways out of a life of crime. Discipline and strong education. Bush has failed to fund NCLB. Majority of governors have scrapped the bill as its not funded.

Teaching kids to remain virgin is mocked by the media - we live in the 21st century. If you look at the facts of people that remain virgins, the marriage usually fails. Why that is i dont know. I support the notion but it is unrealistic. I enjoy sex yet i am not married. Can i not have something to enjoy in such a desperate world?

Media is pushing the approval of homosexuality- 100 years ago if you said blacks were integrated in our society many people would be outraged. If you look at the Greeks, many of them praciticed homosexuality. This idea that its modern is a myth. It started way before Jesus came down.

Your last point is not realy valid. We can all sit and cherry pick what bush has or hasnt done.

I will give you a list of what i dont like about the far right/this admin
- they promote the blowing up of abortion clinics.
- they ban charles darwin from science classes.
- they tell a man that he cant teach his child paganism.
- they change the state language from english to american
- bin laden doenst concern Bush.
- education isnt funded.
- healthcare isnt funded.
- stem cell research can save lifes.
- you can own a gun but is illegal to load it.
- you can close a base after a candidate has pledged it wont be closed if elected.
KillerPollo
Mexico

Political Matrix
E: -3.15, S: -0.82

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2005, 12:21:49 PM »

--one out of four girls are molested - Paedophiles are being allowed to do this

--2 million americans are behind bars - because they are not educated right, or taught morals

--STDs are common throughout the population - Unsafe sex (gay more frequent than straight) with strangers is very cmmon

--teaching kids to remain virgin until marriage is mocked by the media - The media KNOWS that there are desperate teenage virgins out there who want to feel something early

--media is pushing the approval of homosexuality - That's a main problem today! That is why a lot of posters here think it's OK to be gay, and believe they should be a protected class, like blacks.
They are also taught to believe that just because gayism involves consent, then it is OK. In other countries, the media is condemning people who speak out against homosexuality, or comparing it to other abnormal sexual orientations (ie zoophilia, paedophilia, incest, etc.)

--a president can't call mass murderers "evil" without causing a media frenzy - Media are the biggest liars. What happened to the "honest and truthful" press your American founding fathers proposed?

--etc, etc, etc - bla bla bla bla...

MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2005, 12:23:07 PM »

Since Jeb Bush was elected, Child Molestation in Florida has increased by over 800%. Florida is now the paedophile state of America. Jessica Lunsford papers over the cracks of what the Republicans have failed to do.

Wow . . . I didn't know Jeb was the cause of pedophilia.  Burn Jeb.  Burn Jeb.

*shakes head sadly*   You're slipping to the Shira-side again, Miss. 
MissCatholic

« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2005, 12:30:13 PM »

Wow . . . I didn't know Jeb was the cause of pedophilia.  Burn Jeb.  Burn Jeb.

*shakes head sadly*   You're slipping to the Shira-side again, Miss. 

Can you give me one piece of legislation that jeb bush signed before Jessica Lunsford occured? Whether you agree with Bill O'Reilly or not, he said for over 5 years that Florida was a disaster area to raise your children. Yes you can blame judges. But you have to questin what the Republican state senate and the governor and legislature has done before this happened. It may be short-sighted to point the finger at Jeb. However it was an event waiting to happen and it did. Tragic!

God bless you Jessica and all the others that had to suffer.

I am one of the toughest people on the forum on child molesters. I fconvicted death within a month. Waste of human space.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2005, 12:38:51 PM »

Can you give me one piece of legislation that jeb bush signed before Jessica Lunsford occured? Whether you agree with Bill O'Reilly or not, he said for over 5 years that Florida was a disaster area to raise your children. Yes you can blame judges. But you have to questin what the Republican state senate and the governor and legislature has done before this happened. It may be short-sighted to point the finger at Jeb. However it was an event waiting to happen and it did. Tragic!

Hardly any of the states have been aggressive on child molestors hun, so it's not a political party thing.  It's a "out of sight, out of mind" thing.  The reason why there has been increase political pressure on this issue lately is because of the public awareness of the events, not an increase.  For how much I hate them, you can thank cable news for that.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Oh hun, that's going easy on them.  I'm thinking of humane treatment first.  Wink 
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2005, 12:40:41 PM »

I enjoy sex yet i am not married. Can i not have something to enjoy in such a desperate world?

Like I stated before, you’re frustrated because you’re not wholly dedicated to Christ.

Gal 5:19 The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

---

Media is pushing the approval of homosexuality- 100 years ago if you said blacks were integrated in our society many people would be outraged. If you look at the Greeks, many of them praciticed homosexuality. This idea that its modern is a myth. It started way before Jesus came down.

Apples and oranges - you could compare any sin to discrimination and say "why are adulterers, or murderers, or liars discriminated against? 100 years ago blacks were also discriminated against..."

1) White gentiles discriminating against blacks gentiles is NOT in agreement with the bible, old testament or new testament.  Even Jews discriminating against gentiles is forbidden in the new testament since Christ "has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility"

2) discriminating against homosexuality (calling it a sin) IS IN AGREEMENT with the bible.
MissCatholic

« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2005, 12:44:00 PM »

I enjoy sex yet i am not married. Can i not have something to enjoy in such a desperate world?

Like I stated before, you’re frustrated because you’re not wholly dedicated to Christ.

Gal 5:19 The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

---

Apples and oranges - you could compare any sin to discrimination and say "why are adulterers, or murderers, or liars discriminated against? 100 years ago blacks were also discriminated against..."

1) White gentiles discriminating against blacks gentiles is NOT in agreement with the bible, old testament or new testament.  Even Jews discriminating against gentiles is forbidden in the new testament since Christ "has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility"

2) discriminating against homosexuality (calling it a sin) IS IN AGREEMENT with the bible.

So can you enjoy sex and be dedicated to Christ?
Does Christ have a problem with me owning a vibrator? I'm not having sex outside marriage with anyone?
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2005, 12:46:34 PM »

So can you enjoy sex and be dedicated to Christ?
Does Christ have a problem with me owning a vibrator? I'm not having sex outside marriage with anyone?

I didn't know you meant having sex with one's self.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2005, 12:48:34 PM »

--one out of four girls are molested - Paedophiles are being allowed to do this

1 in 4? Where do you get your data? And Paedophiles aren't being allowed to do squat - it is illegal and the police do tons to crack down on it.

Actually, it's because we have a drug war that  makes 6/10 people in prison non-violent drug offenders. Over half of the prison population

Define "common". They are much less prevelant today than a decade or two ago.

I've never once seen the media mock waiting until marriage to have sex. Roll Eyes

It is ok to be gay, but they shouldn't be treated any different than the rest of us. Get over your obsession and just leave'm alone. Whether it's a sin or not doesn't matter - it's not your business what they do.

Right. "Most". Right... what country do you live in again? Do you come here often or are you just repeating what you've heard from other people?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #120 on: July 25, 2005, 12:52:00 PM »

In your case, I would say no.  You cannot claim to be "Catholic" yet practice sex out of wedlock.  But, that's a continuing trend with some "catholics" these days, or "holiday catholics" as my ex-lady friend would say.  Now, if you want to renounce your faith, then go right ahead.  Cool
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #121 on: July 25, 2005, 03:08:40 PM »
« Edited: July 25, 2005, 03:10:33 PM by afleitch »

In your case, I would say no.  You cannot claim to be "Catholic" yet practice sex out of wedlock.  But, that's a continuing trend with some "catholics" these days, or "holiday catholics" as my ex-lady friend would say.  Now, if you want to renounce your faith, then go right ahead.  Cool

You have no right to claim she is less 'Catholic' based on such sweeping assumptions. In Scotland most Catholics are realists; they have sex out of wedlock, the use contraception some even have abortions, that is their personal choice. Sex and sexual health has nothing to do with religion it is a personal thing and no one has the legitimacy to question another persons 'religiousness' as a result. Some of the biggest moral preachers who spew out all the 'hosannas, holy holies and thou shalt nots' are some of the biggest hypocrites on the planet.

P.S I'm Catholic too.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #122 on: July 25, 2005, 04:14:36 PM »

You have no right to claim she is less 'Catholic' based on such sweeping assumptions. In Scotland most Catholics are realists; they have sex out of wedlock, the use contraception some even have abortions, that is their personal choice. Sex and sexual health has nothing to do with religion it is a personal thing and no one has the legitimacy to question another persons 'religiousness' as a result. Some of the biggest moral preachers who spew out all the 'hosannas, holy holies and thou shalt nots' are some of the biggest hypocrites on the planet.

P.S I'm Catholic too.

So, was Jesus wrong to preach against sexual immorality?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #123 on: July 25, 2005, 04:20:55 PM »

P.S I'm Catholic too.

So, was Jesus wrong to preach against sexual immorality?

Who said that, but it tends to be those who make the biggest issue about so called sexual immorality & homosexuals tend to go against the very theme of the bible & Jesus's overall teachings to "love thy neighbor" and "not to judge others"
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #124 on: July 25, 2005, 04:42:06 PM »

Who said that, but it tends to be those who make the biggest issue about so called sexual immorality & homosexuals tend to go against the very theme of the bible & Jesus's overall teachings to "love thy neighbor" and "not to judge others"

His "overall teachings"?!  Jesus' teachings can be summed up in two words: faith and repentance.

So, you can single out love and judging others all you want, but if you refuse to repent of sin, you will perish.

"The kingdom of God is near. Repent and believe the good news!" (spoken by Jesus Christ, Mark 1:14)

"But unless you repent, you too will all perish." (spoken by Jesus Christ, Luke 13:3,5)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies