Is Rick Santorum right to compare homosexuality to beastiality? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 06:59:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Is Rick Santorum right to compare homosexuality to beastiality? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: 'a man sleeping with a man is just the same as a man sleeping with his dog? do you agree with this elected official?
Yes

No

Unsure

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 64

Author Topic: Is Rick Santorum right to compare homosexuality to beastiality?  (Read 22888 times)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« on: July 22, 2005, 01:03:43 PM »

no he isnt right.

but i give him credit for being open with his bigotry.  he has a lot of courage to do that.

there are a lot of soccer moms, and democrat voters who feel the way he does but theyd never mention it because it isnt pc.

your kidding right.

Sleeping with my dog is just the same as me sleeping with a girl?

You could consider both actions "not natural" since our bodies were designed to mate up with a member of the opposite sex.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 02:08:16 PM »

I knew there was a reason why I did not like St. Louis! 

MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 04:20:30 PM »

...not only rams, but penguins, north american wild buffalo (who have been documented as often fully penetrating other male buffalo) and dolphins....

And they are easy to spot too:

MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 10:18:33 PM »

Where as you as a Mexican male could come to the US, take welfare check and impregnate white women.  There are no limits to hate. There is no safety zone.

Sorry! white girls are not my specialty...even girls of my own race arent. I prefer Japanese chicks over pretty much the rest.

btw

Does this look like I'm a stereotypical Latino? tell me!

Mmmmm . . . Asians.  Wink  Where's Obeebop?  hahah
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005, 11:33:43 AM »

What would you rather watch

a women sleeping with a women
or a women sleeping with her dog?

Just because you choose the lesser of two evils means that one is not evil.  However, of the two, the two women would be more appealing.  Just as if you had two men up there or two consenting heterosexual 90-year olds . . . I'd still chose the two women.  (Of course, I'm not a voyer, so the odds of any of the above happening is fairly slim.)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 12:12:31 PM »

The direction of this country is a result of sin.  That is why there are so many single mothers perpetuating the cycle of poverty and ignorance.  That is why there are 2 million Americans behind bars.  That is why a good portion of the population is infected with STDs.

Your kidding me right? the country is in sin?

That is a very interesting way to put it, and if you think about it, it's possibly correct.  Both jmfcst and MissCatholic can see that a moral life is one where people are guided into making "the right decision."  Sin is a result of making the wrong decision.  While we wouldn't consider not paying your credit card bill on time a "sin," it is the wrong decision . . . just as taking drugs or speeding.  In return, you can consider being moral the same as being responsible.  And we definitely have a problem with people not being responsible in their lives in recent decades.  Personal debt can be stopped by making the right, responsible choices in life.  Do I need a sports car in order to commute to work, when an inexpensive sedan will cost half the price and be more fuel efficient?  Do I need the $400K home with all the bells and whistles when the $250K home can be cleaned up and achieve the same ends?

Yes, I would have to say our country has been living in "sin" for a long time, and it's time people start making the "moral" decisions in their lives.  Be fiscally responsible, live within your means, and don't participate in acts which will harm you or your family.  
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2005, 12:23:07 PM »

Since Jeb Bush was elected, Child Molestation in Florida has increased by over 800%. Florida is now the paedophile state of America. Jessica Lunsford papers over the cracks of what the Republicans have failed to do.

Wow . . . I didn't know Jeb was the cause of pedophilia.  Burn Jeb.  Burn Jeb.

*shakes head sadly*   You're slipping to the Shira-side again, Miss. 
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2005, 12:38:51 PM »

Can you give me one piece of legislation that jeb bush signed before Jessica Lunsford occured? Whether you agree with Bill O'Reilly or not, he said for over 5 years that Florida was a disaster area to raise your children. Yes you can blame judges. But you have to questin what the Republican state senate and the governor and legislature has done before this happened. It may be short-sighted to point the finger at Jeb. However it was an event waiting to happen and it did. Tragic!

Hardly any of the states have been aggressive on child molestors hun, so it's not a political party thing.  It's a "out of sight, out of mind" thing.  The reason why there has been increase political pressure on this issue lately is because of the public awareness of the events, not an increase.  For how much I hate them, you can thank cable news for that.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Oh hun, that's going easy on them.  I'm thinking of humane treatment first.  Wink 
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2005, 12:52:00 PM »

I enjoy sex yet i am not married. Can i not have something to enjoy in such a desperate world?

In your case, I would say no.  You cannot claim to be "Catholic" yet practice sex out of wedlock.  But, that's a continuing trend with some "catholics" these days, or "holiday catholics" as my ex-lady friend would say.  Now, if you want to renounce your faith, then go right ahead.  Cool
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2005, 04:52:59 PM »

Point being the overall teachings of the bible, the overall message to "love thy neighbor" and not to judge others are something that many of the hoiler than thou gay bashers & morality detectors don't live by

Yet you cannot pick and choose what you follow and still claim to be a follower.  As the Bible says, people are not to add OR take away from the teachings.  Saying you are a realist beause you enjoy having sex out of wedlock doesn't make it ok under the faith (hence my example of the 'holiday catholics.')

MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2005, 07:40:34 AM »

What makes certain people so against homosexuality?  Is it strictly based on ones religious views or is there something else there?

I don't understand why some people can't just accept that someone's different and move on, rather than staying so focused on one small aspect of someone else's life.

I think there are multiple reasons.  Some are religious, so are just natural in leaning (gays cannot reproduce, therefore it's not what nature had intended), and others don't want to give into a special interest group claiming they deserve rights just because they choose to be gay.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2005, 09:08:01 AM »

Since the religious on here use God and Jesus to protect their homophobia i have a question to ask you.

Jesus promotes love. So do you have a problem with a gay couple adopting a child?

Gay loving home or life in foster care?

Yet the Bible also is against homosexuality.  You can't pick and choose the parts of the Bible you want to follow.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2005, 10:02:08 AM »

Gay loving home or child spending years in foster care?

Nothing wrong with foster care.  My friends niece has been in Foster care ever since she was removed from her mothers care.  We do, however, need a bit more policing of foster parents to ensure only those that are able actually receive the kids.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2005, 10:33:01 AM »

So you are against a gay loving home.

Why are you an independent? i have read nothing from you regarding what good the democrats have done or what is wrong with the republican party?

Because I vote for whom I feel does the better job.  There are some things which I do not like of the republicans but do from the democrats, and on other things, neither party addresses the key issues in my mind.  Smiley

But back to the topic, yes, I would have issues with a gay couple raising a foster child.  I view gay as a sexual orientation of choice, not a genetic predisposition.  Therefore, I would not view such an enviroment to be healthy for a child, even if both partners love the kid.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2005, 11:21:34 AM »

*sigh*  If you want to play this childish game:

- you dont like Mark Warner - What I said is I do not like him more than Allan, especially as a VA governor, since he forced an unnecessary tax increase in the state after holding the congress 'hostage' for days on end . . . just to turn out that we have had a $1Bill surplus in tax revenue for the past two years.  And since VA cannot do refunds, they are forced to spend this money.  I have said that of the potential democratic candidates for 2008, he or Joe-mentum would be two democrats I could consider voting for.

- you like Rick Santorum - Never said that.

- you dont like Hillary Clinton - No, I don't, and I have said that . . . often.  Smiley

- you like George Bush - Yes, I do.

- you dont like democrats policies on education. - No, I don't.  I don't like Republican policies on education either, though they are the only ones that have tried to make a change in recent years.  The current public education system is based off of a poor model which needs to be scrapped and redone. 

- you like not funding education at all. - Never said that (you're getting as bad as Shira these accusations hun).  I have said that there are better ways to fund and manage public education, and have preached to potential and current college students on how to maximize the money being offered by scholarships to off-set their educational expenses.

- you dont like democrats policy on healthcare - No, I don't.  I'm against programs that create a welfare state.  I'm also against some of the Republican plans and policies on this as well.

- you like the way republicians increse healthcare. - Uh, no.  See above.  I was glad to see that there was an increase in funding, but it should only be for a short term until a revamp of the system is done.  Making it more difficult to sue doctors is one good step towards lowering medical expenses.

- you dont like democrats policy on Iraq. - No, I don't like the democrats who put our troops in harms way by insulting them and embolding our enemies by saying they deserve the protections granted under US laws (which are meant only for US citizens).

- you like Republicans policy on Bin Laden. - Yes.  I want him tired and hanged.

- you dont like democrat policy on taxes. - That is correct.  I'm against
raising taxes.

- you like Republicans given so much to the rich.  - *yawn*  Rhetoric (and poor grammar).  I'm for a fair tax system.  Like it or not, the "rich" carry the largest burden of the current tax system, and will continue to do so under any other form of flat or scaled system.

Name me three democrats that you would vote for in 2008 ahead of Republicans such as George Allen, Rick Santorum or John McCain
Name me three policies that the democrats are right on with you and the Reupblicans are wrong?  - I mentioned the two I currently would consider voting for above.  I would not vote for Santorum or McCain (I've said that numerous times as well). 

Patroit act? - For it, especially the provisitions that were already available under the war on drugs.

Abortion? - Against it except in cases or rape, incest, or threat to mothers life.  I've discussed this one in depth in the past.  Paid for a friend of mine to have one done since the doctors weren't sure if she'd survive.  She changed her mind at the last minute and has a healthy little boy today.  Additionally, my cousin, who has a heart condition, had to have an abortion to save her, since the strain on her body had already caused one heart attack.

Death Penalty? - For it.

Guns? - For strong restrictions (see the debated between me and Carl)

What would a democrat have to say to you to get them to vote for you. As you can tell i think you would rather shoot your grandmother than vote democrat! - hahaha . . . no, my Grandma is too nice for that.  Smiley  As far as what a democrat has to say . . . the answer is nothing.  This is a big flaw which so many people have when it comes to voting for someone.  I don't want to "hear" what they can promise me or do for me.  I want to see action and integrety.  ACTA NON VERBA - "Deeds, not words."  This is where Hillary falls dreadfully short, and has no chance in hell to receive my vote.

Feel better now?  As you can see, I'm not Republican nor do I follow the Republican line.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies