Is Rick Santorum right to compare homosexuality to beastiality? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 04:08:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Is Rick Santorum right to compare homosexuality to beastiality? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: 'a man sleeping with a man is just the same as a man sleeping with his dog? do you agree with this elected official?
Yes

No

Unsure

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 64

Author Topic: Is Rick Santorum right to compare homosexuality to beastiality?  (Read 22895 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« on: July 22, 2005, 01:49:56 PM »

Non-Human animals do not practice homosexuality like some members of our species do.

Actually, they sometimes do. It happens a lot in rams, actually(as compared to other species, anyways).

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=6421

You must be logged in to read this quote.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 02:14:21 PM »

I knew there was a reason why I did not like St. Louis! 

LOL! Cheesy
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 11:03:28 AM »

Truly disgraceful how some people see nothing wrong with discrimination

Perhaps, depending on the circumstance. But I don't think any people here support discrimination on the basis of race, and that isn't the point. The point is who gets to make that decision. An essential element of freedom is about being able to sort out right and wrong for yourself.

OK, let's see what you do if a Jew fires you for being Christian.  I'm sure you'll sit back and say "Well, that's what the boss says!"

Half of what conservatives preach they've never experienced. 

I wouldn't be happy with it(nobody is happy getting fired), but I would just move on and get a new job.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 12:48:34 PM »

--one out of four girls are molested - Paedophiles are being allowed to do this

1 in 4? Where do you get your data? And Paedophiles aren't being allowed to do squat - it is illegal and the police do tons to crack down on it.

Actually, it's because we have a drug war that  makes 6/10 people in prison non-violent drug offenders. Over half of the prison population

Define "common". They are much less prevelant today than a decade or two ago.

I've never once seen the media mock waiting until marriage to have sex. Roll Eyes

It is ok to be gay, but they shouldn't be treated any different than the rest of us. Get over your obsession and just leave'm alone. Whether it's a sin or not doesn't matter - it's not your business what they do.

Right. "Most". Right... what country do you live in again? Do you come here often or are you just repeating what you've heard from other people?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 07:47:01 AM »

I merely object to adding insult to injury by making the absurd claim that you've killed them because they 'deserved' it - that they were 'bad' based on some objective moral.

You state that all people who believe in objective morality are ignorant and irrational - that sounds pretty objective to me. And it sounds to me that you think such people 'deserve' to be killed. Go feed yourself to a lion, hypocrite.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 07:50:05 AM »

I think there are multiple reasons.  Some are religious, so are just natural in leaning (gays cannot reproduce, therefore it's not what nature had intended), and others don't want to give into a special interest group claiming they deserve rights just because they choose to be gay.

Yea...about the interest group thing...I don't think being bi makes me special.  Or at least no more special than any other person.  I don't deserve any extra, or special, rights just for being of a different sexual orientation--that's crazy.

Are you against hate crime legislation?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 11:32:09 AM »

Gay loving home or child spending years in foster care?

That's like asking "swinger loving home or foster care?"

No it isn't - a gay couple can be monogamous, and I have seen such couples.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 04:38:35 PM »

I merely object to adding insult to injury by making the absurd claim that you've killed them because they 'deserved' it - that they were 'bad' based on some objective moral.

You state that all people who believe in objective morality are ignorant and irrational - that sounds pretty objective to me.

No, it is not a value judgement, merely an observation of fact.

No, it's an opinion - you judge them as ignorant and irrational, you are making a judgement of other people whether you like it or not.

If it isn't bad then why should they be fed to lions?

No, I don't think they 'deserve' to be killed - I have never stated that.  I have only said that I want to see them killed.  No one 'deserves' anything, as that implies objective morality.
[/quote]

Then you shouldn't advocate feeding them to lions - if they don't have it coming to them then why should it be done? You can't give bullsh**t about being practical, because lions are an inefficient way of killing large masses of people, so if you didn't feel they didn't deserve it you wouldn't advocate such a thing.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2005, 04:53:51 PM »

No, I don't think they 'deserve' to be killed - I have never stated that.  I have only said that I want to see them killed.  No one 'deserves' anything, as that implies objective morality.

Then you shouldn't advocate feeding them to lions - if they don't have it coming to them then why should it be done? You can't give bullsh**t about being practical, because lions are an inefficient way of killing large masses of people, so if you didn't feel they didn't deserve it you wouldn't advocate such a thing.
[/quote]

No, they don't 'deserve' it, it is merely practical and convenient for the rest of us.  The lion method is merely charming, historically significant, and symbolic, but one could use other methods.
[/quote]

AS I SAID you can't bullsh**t me about being practical - feeding people to lions isn't a practical method of mass killing. You hate those people and you're an intolerant, judging bastard who thinks he's better than them - you are no better than Hitler, scum.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2005, 06:20:16 PM »

You mean there is a practical way of mass killing? Shocked

Unfortunately - feeding people to lions is cruel and inefficient(meaning it takes a long time to do). So, it's not practical in that sense. Now, I don't think there's any just way to kill masses of innocents, I just know that there are different methods and that some are costlier, more cruel, and more time consuming than others. If opebo had an honest wish to merely protect himself from Christians(who as far as I can tell mean him no harm, though the irrational idiot can't see that) he would simply wish to kill them quickly and wouldn't take any amusement out of it - instead he's a sick bastard who wants to have them eaten alive and take amusement out of it, which displays his obvious hatred and judgement against such people.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2005, 06:28:21 PM »

Unfortunately - feeding people to lions is cruel and inefficient(meaning it takes a long time to do). So, it's not practical in that sense. Now, I don't think there's any just way to kill masses of innocents, I just know that there are different methods and that some are costlier, more cruel, and more time consuming than others. If opebo had an honest wish to merely protect himself from Christians(who as far as I can tell mean him no harm, though the irrational idiot can't see that) he would simply wish to kill them quickly and wouldn't take any amusement out of it - instead he's a sick bastard who wants to have them eaten alive and take amusement out of it, which displays his obvious hatred and judgement against such people.
well, youre right in saying that its definetly not efficient. and i must say, i wouldnt particularly like being eaten by lions. you'd spare me, right Opebo? Huh Smiley

You shouldn't ask if he'd spare you - you should realize how disgusting he is instead and fight against such intolerance.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2005, 06:36:48 PM »

well, youre right in saying that its definetly not efficient. and i must say, i wouldnt particularly like being eaten by lions. you'd spare me, right Opebo? Huh Smiley

You shouldn't ask if he'd spare you - you should realize how disgusting he is instead and fight against such intolerance.
however, we must be tolerant of his 'intolerance' towards those who arent tolerant to tolerant people Cheesy im confused

First you fight intolerance with reason, and, should that intolerance turn violent you fight it with force. Opebo is, fortunately, a coward and is too afraid to risk his life over anything really, so reason is a sufficient weapon to at least ensure others do not become infected with such nonsense.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2005, 08:58:29 PM »

While not exactly the same thing, both are forms of sexual activity that will fail to produce offspring.

So is heterosexual sex which finishes with an ejaculation anywhere but the vagina.

You're right. So they are all comparable to beastiality.

I can hear it now: "Rick Santorum says oral sex is just as bad as bestiality!" Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies