Will Arnold Schwatzenegger get re-elected? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:52:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Will Arnold Schwatzenegger get re-elected? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will Arnold Schwatzenegger get re-elected?  (Read 38847 times)
Carey
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -3.38, S: -5.74

« on: January 03, 2004, 09:53:36 AM »

Will Arnold be re-elected? Very good question, and the best answer for this is, I don't know, we shall wait and see.

We'll need to wait and see whether California starts getting better under him or not (pretty much the litmus test for all politicians.)

If things remain bad, or even get worse, chances are, he'll have trouble getting re elected.

It also depends who the candidate is that goes against him. If the Democrat is a good, enthusiastic candidate full of ideas for the state, he/she will be good competition. If he/she is just another DLC "elect me because I am qualified" drone, he/she will probably lose.

It's important to realise that Arnold was not elected because of a "rising republican trend" or anything - heck he's more liberal than many southern Democratic governors, he was elected due to his popularity. He would've probably won under any party's banner - short of the communists or the nazis.

Also remember a lot of Arnold's votes were first time votes, the "wouldn't it be cool if the Terminator was our governor?" novelty votes, and the thing about novelties, is they wear off quickly, so he's probably lost that group now (that group won't go Democratic, they just won't vote at all.) He'll have to rely purely on the concerned voter.

Basically to summarise, if he does his job well, he'll get re-elected (and would deserve to be), if not and somebody decent challenges him, he can go back to making movies.
Carey
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -3.38, S: -5.74

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2004, 12:18:36 AM »

I think unfortantly that Arnold could get re-elected...not to say that he should.

Why shouldn't he? He got more votes in 2003 than any candidate on the ballot in 2003 or 2002 in any race in any state in the country. He ran on a platform and is delivering on it.  Are you saying he shouldn't because he's illegitimate as a governor? What?

Hm, funny that I will have to do this again...

Mr. Prez is a leftist troll, he probably means that Schwarzenegger is a bad person b/c he's a republican and therefore shouldn't be reelected. You could just ignore him, if you want, you know.... Wink

he is? Now I feel bad for reacting to his points, and in some places agreeing with him *feels dirty*
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies