Will Arnold Schwatzenegger get re-elected? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:56:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Will Arnold Schwatzenegger get re-elected? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will Arnold Schwatzenegger get re-elected?  (Read 38852 times)
NHPolitico

« on: January 06, 2004, 11:49:37 AM »

Will Arnold Schwatzenegger get re-elected?

I don't think the bar is too high.  He's gotten great marks so far and voters think he's rolling up his sleeve and bringing positive action to Sacramento's thick bureaucratic system.  His wife is adored by the state, as well.  

He's also using common sense and I think that voters can connect with that.  He was asked about retrofitting buildings to keep them earthquake-proof. He said that businesses and towns can see that it works by looking at which ones are still upright after the Paso Robles quake, and that it should be up to localities and local businesses to decide which ones are worth the expense of protecting.  

NHPolitico

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2004, 07:55:16 PM »

I think unfortantly that Arnold could get re-elected...not to say that he should.

Why shouldn't he? He got more votes in 2003 than any candidate on the ballot in 2003 or 2002 in any race in any state in the country. He ran on a platform and is delivering on it.  Are you saying he shouldn't because he's illegitimate as a governor? What?
NHPolitico

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2004, 01:44:27 PM »

I think unfortantly that Arnold could get re-elected...not to say that he should.

Why shouldn't he? He got more votes in 2003 than any candidate on the ballot in 2003 or 2002 in any race in any state in the country. He ran on a platform and is delivering on it.  Are you saying he shouldn't because he's illegitimate as a governor? What?

Hm, funny that I will have to do this again...

Mr. Prez is a leftist troll, he probably means that Schwarzenegger is a bad person b/c he's a republican and therefore shouldn't be reelected. You could just ignore him, if you want, you know.... Wink

Don't feed the troll, eh?
NHPolitico

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2004, 01:46:06 PM »

Mr. Prez is a leftist troll, he probably means that Schwarzenegger is a bad person b/c he's a republican and therefore shouldn't be reelected. You could just ignore him, if you want, you know.... Wink

I just thought I'd try to lure him into responding substantively. I apologize for not ignoring him. Bad me.

: )
NHPolitico

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2004, 09:47:34 AM »

he is? Now I feel bad for reacting to his points, and in some places agreeing with him *feels dirty*

Take a long hot shower. Use a loofah. Maybe that will help.
NHPolitico

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2004, 01:08:19 PM »

I'll be honest I like Arnold. I think he and Riordan are the only two republicans who could win here, Simon I like the guy its just he has the charisma of Al Gore. McClintock I like his believes he was just too conservitive for california right now and a bit arrogant. Darell Issa has earned my support no matter what he's running for(he gave up running for governor so his party could have a chance to win and so the state could get back on track by sitting out and not hogging votes) but again might be too conservitive for Cali.

Schwarzenegger should win big if he runs again. Notice I say if, Maria might not want him to run for re-elaction if things are getting stressful on the family or getting politocaly personal. If this happens and Schwarzenegger drops out for personal reasons expect Riordan to step up to the plate and with Arnold's endorsement easily take the republican nomination and beat the democrats candidate who will probably be just another "I have experience vote me" candidates.

I heard that Schwarzenegger met with Riordan before deciding and was surprised by how unorganized and out of it that Riordan seemed. That knowledge pushed him to run himself rather than encourage Riordan.
NHPolitico

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2004, 03:34:47 PM »

I'll be honest I like Arnold. I think he and Riordan are the only two republicans who could win here, Simon I like the guy its just he has the charisma of Al Gore. McClintock I like his believes he was just too conservitive for california right now and a bit arrogant. Darell Issa has earned my support no matter what he's running for(he gave up running for governor so his party could have a chance to win and so the state could get back on track by sitting out and not hogging votes) but again might be too conservitive for Cali.

Schwarzenegger should win big if he runs again. Notice I say if, Maria might not want him to run for re-elaction if things are getting stressful on the family or getting politocaly personal. If this happens and Schwarzenegger drops out for personal reasons expect Riordan to step up to the plate and with Arnold's endorsement easily take the republican nomination and beat the democrats candidate who will probably be just another "I have experience vote me" candidates.

I heard that Schwarzenegger met with Riordan before deciding and was surprised by how unorganized and out of it that Riordan seemed. That knowledge pushed him to run himself rather than encourage Riordan.

Hmmm thats interesting I've never heard that before.

It explains why his surprise announcement came as a shock to Riordan aides.  He apparently really wanted Riordan to do it, and was basicly forced to do it himself because of his impression of Riordan as a statewide candidate. Maria was very reluctant and hoped that he'd only do it as a last resort. Apparently Riordan was bad enough to get him to the last resort point.  It also explains how Riordan went from frontrunner to flop in the 2002 GOP nomination process.  Schwarzenegger showed incredible political instincts and still shows them daily.  In some ways, I think he may have surprised himself.
NHPolitico

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2004, 12:41:19 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Checkmate.  I can't argue against that one.

Ron Paul. John McCain.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies