Will Bernie Sanders run for president in 2020
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:27:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Will Bernie Sanders run for president in 2020
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Will Bernie Sanders run for president in 2020
Yes. He runs for Democratic nomi=nation

Yes. But he runs as independent/3rd party

No.  He won't run.

No.  Trump will be dictator and there will be no free election.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 95

Author Topic: Will Bernie Sanders run for president in 2020  (Read 3529 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2017, 11:11:14 AM »

If Sanders doesn't run himself, then what is the probability that endorses anyone during the primary campaign?  There are certainly costs to doing an endorsement, as all of the candidates will want to suck up to him and pay lip service to his issues as long as he's officially "neutral".

I think he would use his endorsement as a weapon to advance specific policy and messaging goals from the nominee, the way Warren did this cycle, but with 10x the effect. Difference is Warren endorsed after the primary.

I'm not sure in what sense Warren used her endorsement to advance anything, seeing as how her endorsing the Democratic nominee in the general election was something that she was inevitably going to do, barring really crazy circumstances.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2017, 11:23:30 AM »

if Bernie wins the nomination, then I'll make sure to have fireworks ready on election night.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2017, 05:31:23 PM »

If Sanders doesn't run himself, then what is the probability that endorses anyone during the primary campaign?  There are certainly costs to doing an endorsement, as all of the candidates will want to suck up to him and pay lip service to his issues as long as he's officially "neutral".

If he endorses someone it will be Warren.  He has said that he wouldn't have run in 2016 if Warren was running, and recently at a West Virginia rally he called her one of the greatest senators this country has.
But I don't think Bernie has given up on becoming president. 
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2017, 09:02:41 PM »

It's obvious Sanders is going to run for president. He keeps saying things like "Political Correctness has run amok" and "Trump supporters are not racist." Furthermore, he seems to have made peace with the DNC establishment and no longer interferes in high profile local races such as staying out of the NJ gubernatorial race altogether. On top of that, he basically does interviews and town halls on TV on an almost daily basis.

Bernie right now has many parallels with what Reagan did post 1976 RNC

Bernie has more parallels with Barry Goldwater. Were he younger, he'd be a good fit for Reagan. But he's too old by 2020, IMO. Plus, he's also a shaky candidate in the general despite having a solid ideology that resonates with many people.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2017, 03:29:01 AM »

Of course. He proved he loves the limelight.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2017, 06:15:42 AM »

I hope not. I want him to be active in the national party, to continue his work, but he's just too old to run in 2020.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2017, 03:42:59 PM »

He'll be the kingmaker if anything. Mark my words, his endorsement will be one of the most highly sought-after in 2020.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2017, 05:41:52 PM »

Sanders is not Obama. He actually has convictions.

If he opts not to run (remember, draft movements are a thing) he will most definitely endorse and, for better or worse, will probably do so early on, just as he did with Keith Ellison.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2017, 06:22:55 PM »

Sanders is not Obama. He actually has convictions.

If he opts not to run (remember, draft movements are a thing) he will most definitely endorse and, for better or worse, will probably do so early on, just as he did with Keith Ellison.

I guess what I mean is, even if Sanders is only concerned with advancing his issues rather than his own ego or political career, there is a logic to not endorsing.  By not endorsing, the other candidates compete for him and his voters, which means embracing his issues, thus helping his agenda.
JoshPA
Rookie
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2017, 04:35:58 PM »

He probably doesn't know yet either.  I'm sure he is considering it, and he is running for a Senate term that will end in 2024.  If he is doing well health-wise, I'm sure he will run.
Being a senate do less to your health then being president.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2019, 11:42:56 AM »

Wow a lot of people were so wrong!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »