GA-6 Special election discussion thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:51:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-6 Special election discussion thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 ... 120
Author Topic: GA-6 Special election discussion thread  (Read 250377 times)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1900 on: May 02, 2017, 11:08:35 AM »

Wow
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #1901 on: May 02, 2017, 01:20:19 PM »

Campaigns always release internal polls for a reason. Ossoff+1 sends the perfect message to potential activists/donors: "WOW GUYS WE ARE IN THE LEAD THIS IS SO AWESOME BUT JESUS LOOK HOW CLOSE IT IS SO Y'ALL BETTER SEND US SOME CASH MONEY RIGHT THE HELL NOW"

It hits the perfect spot, building optimism without anyone getting complacent

He's received enough money. In fact a little too much, any more would just be ridiculous... We cannot empty our coffers on one special congressional election in a red district. It's time to fund Montana at large, and save up for 2018.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1902 on: May 02, 2017, 01:23:36 PM »

He's received enough money. In fact a little too much, any more would just be ridiculous... We cannot empty our coffers on one special congressional election in a red district. It's time to fund Montana at large, and save up for 2018.

I don't have exact numbers but at least up until the middle of April, most of Ossoff's funding came from small donors. Those are generally not the kind of donors you can deplete easily. 2018 is still a ways away, and I doubt there will be any money issues at that point.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1903 on: May 02, 2017, 01:26:13 PM »

I don't have exact numbers but at least up until the middle of April, most of Ossoff's funding came from small donors. Those are generally not the kind of donors you can deplete easily. 2018 is still a ways away, and I doubt there will be any money issues at that point.

Best to start saving up early, we need everything we can get in order to have a fighting chance. Plus, MONTANA! Ossoff's average donation was some in the $40s, so yeah. He has enough money and backing. Best of luck to him, but it's time to start using resources to prep for other battles.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1904 on: May 02, 2017, 01:27:09 PM »

Campaigns always release internal polls for a reason. Ossoff+1 sends the perfect message to potential activists/donors: "WOW GUYS WE ARE IN THE LEAD THIS IS SO AWESOME BUT JESUS LOOK HOW CLOSE IT IS SO Y'ALL BETTER SEND US SOME CASH MONEY RIGHT THE HELL NOW"

Thanks for the concern.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1905 on: May 02, 2017, 03:56:58 PM »

This is the most expensive House race in U.S. history right?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1906 on: May 02, 2017, 04:06:27 PM »

This is the most expensive House race in U.S. history right?

It will almost certainly end up as the most expensive...so far.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1907 on: May 02, 2017, 04:33:41 PM »

Apparently, Handel's going to free the black slaves from the Democrats

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/02/politics/kfile-karen-handel-husband-tweet/index.html

The husband of Republican congressional candidate Karen Handel shared an image on his Twitter timeline Tuesday that urged voters to support his wife in order to "free the black slaves from the Democratic plantation."

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1908 on: May 02, 2017, 04:41:21 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/02/politics/kfile-karen-handel-husband-tweet/index.html

The husband of Republican congressional candidate Karen Handel shared an image on his Twitter timeline Tuesday that urged voters to support his wife in order to "free the black slaves from the Democratic plantation."

That's a losing campaign right there.

P.S. This is the kind of trash that makes me never want to vote for Republicans.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1909 on: May 02, 2017, 04:54:47 PM »

Case in point:

OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1910 on: May 02, 2017, 06:55:20 PM »
« Edited: May 02, 2017, 07:03:07 PM by Representative OneJ »

What the hell was he thinking?

Did he really want his wife to lose? Did he want to discourage Black people from voting R? I assume so.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1911 on: May 02, 2017, 06:58:32 PM »

oh shoot Ossoff might win this yet!
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #1912 on: May 02, 2017, 08:06:50 PM »

Did he really want his wife to lose? Did he want to discourage Black people from voting R? I assume so.

There is radio bit similar to this on Kiss 104.1 but doesn't specify a candidate. 
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #1913 on: May 02, 2017, 08:08:27 PM »

P.S. This is the kind of trash that makes me never want to vote for Republicans.
Then why isn't your avatar red (Democratic)?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1914 on: May 02, 2017, 08:12:15 PM »
« Edited: May 02, 2017, 08:14:47 PM by Arch »

Because I'm not a Democrat? I'll register if and when I feel it's right. I hold out hope that the Republican party will go back to a better time, but it's minuscule at this point.

However, if you don't find something like that ad as absolutely disgusting and reprehensible, then I don't know what to think.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1915 on: May 02, 2017, 08:29:32 PM »

There is radio bit similar to this on Kiss 104.1 but doesn't specify a candidate. 

Ok, this is absolutely egregious. Is everyone sure this is real, or did snopes pull a prank on us? This is low even for the GOP...
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #1916 on: May 02, 2017, 08:29:52 PM »

Because I'm not a Democrat? I'll register if and when I feel it's right. I hold out hope that the Republican party will go back to a better time, but it's minuscule at this point.

However, if you don't find something like that ad as absolutely disgusting and reprehensible, then I don't know what to think.

Thanks for answering! I was asking why don't you identify as a Democrat not because of your condemnation of the ad (I find it disgusting too), but because you said you never want to vote for Republicans. I think it's strange when people insist that they are truly independent. yet way closer to one side than the other (but that's just me). Honestly, going forward, even if polarization "thaws," I think that Rockefeller Republicans and Blue Dog Democrats have next to no (if any) future. No offense to any who are reading this.

That ad was terrible. I wasn't asking/talking about it, but I'll make these statements so nobody thinks that I find it okay. The parties have changed a lot over the last 150 years, and nobody from that time is still alive today. Therefore, I don't think it's fair at all to compare today's Republican and Democratic Parties to those from 1860.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1917 on: May 02, 2017, 08:44:33 PM »

Ok, this is absolutely egregious. Is everyone sure this is real, or did snopes pull a prank on us? This is low even for the GOP...
Sorry to burst your bubble, but it is real. And Snopes doesn't pull pranks, they never have and that site has nothing to do with this.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1918 on: May 02, 2017, 08:46:49 PM »

Yep, it's real. Hopefully we are able to turn this into a situation like Claire McCaskill and Todd Akin "legitimate rape" situation. She was not expected to win or either be in a tight battleground race, but this little October surprise helped her a ton. Hopefully the same can be done here, because Ms. Handel has given us a golden ticket and a rallying cry, let's use it. There are still a few points left of undecideds, let's try to sway them aboard.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1919 on: May 02, 2017, 08:48:32 PM »

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it is real. And Snopes doesn't pull pranks, they never have and that site has nothing to do with this.

How the heck would this burst my bubble? In case you didn't notice, I'm a democrat, this makes me ecstatic!
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1920 on: May 02, 2017, 09:03:35 PM »

Thanks for answering! I was asking why don't you identify as a Democrat not because of your condemnation of the ad (I find it disgusting too), but because you said you never want to vote for Republicans. I think it's strange when people insist that they are truly independent. yet way closer to one side than the other (but that's just me). Honestly, going forward, even if polarization "thaws," I think that Rockefeller Republicans and Blue Dog Democrats have next to no (if any) future. No offense to any who are reading this.

That ad was terrible. I wasn't asking/talking about it, but I'll make these statements so nobody thinks that I find it okay. The parties have changed a lot over the last 150 years, and nobody from that time is still alive today. Therefore, I don't think it's fair at all to compare today's Republican and Democratic Parties to those from 1860.

Yes, absolutely. I'm thinking closer to the 80s and 90s, a time when there were still reasonable Republicans out there, particularly towards all Americans and not catering to ignorance like Handel is doing.

I believe that there is a good kind of conservatism, but it's been abandoned for washed-down racism. Their real political goal is corporate oligarchy. Why else would they campaign like this and want to pass laws like the AHCA, purposefully designed to help companies and let people die?
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #1921 on: May 02, 2017, 10:38:13 PM »

Handel is the same horrible candidate she's always been.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1922 on: May 02, 2017, 11:09:04 PM »

Handel is the same horrible candidate she's always been.

Exactly. Even the "moderates" in the GOP are full of people like her, it's just that trumpians overshadow them, bu we cannot allow ourselves to forget that we were at odds with the GOP long beforw Trump, and we cannot forget that even the base of the party is not cool.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1923 on: May 02, 2017, 11:14:29 PM »

Dear lord. This is... something else.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1924 on: May 03, 2017, 01:13:06 AM »

The biggest problem with it is the fact that it implies that black votes are being "coerced" to vote Democratic and aren't voting Democratic because they support the Democratic Party's positions. It's incredibly racist. Not to mention the text above is racist in...many different ways.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this will have an effect, but it does kind of show what a terrible candidate Handel is, even though this is her husband, not her.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79 80 81 82 ... 120  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies