GA-6 Special election discussion thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:21:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-6 Special election discussion thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 ... 120
Author Topic: GA-6 Special election discussion thread  (Read 250465 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2025 on: May 09, 2017, 08:23:15 AM »

New attack ad calls Ossoff "San Francisco's Congressman"

Wow, that's the sickest burn of 1986.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2026 on: May 09, 2017, 08:56:34 AM »

Hasn't he spent more money on a House race than any previous Democrat? What a whiner. This is as bad as Hillary begging for 1 dollar.

I mean I am pretty sure neoliberal Ossoff himself didn't do this. Roll Eyes
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2027 on: May 09, 2017, 04:54:36 PM »

2 things:

1. They only send out fundraising emails like that because they work.
2. Ossoff has raised and spent a ton (more than any congressional race ever) and is still being outspent by dark money groups on the GOP side. Tells you a lot about the state of campaign finance.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #2028 on: May 09, 2017, 05:24:19 PM »

2 things:

2. Ossoff has raised and spent a ton (more than any congressional race ever) and is still being outspent by dark money groups on the GOP side. Tells you a lot about the state of campaign finance.

They work to raise money, but they destroy the candidate's brand. Everything that a campaign does in public contributes to the public's perception of that candidate.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2029 on: May 09, 2017, 05:26:07 PM »

2 things:

They work to raise money, but they destroy the candidate's brand. Everything that a campaign does in public contributes to the public's perception of that candidate.
lol

The only people that see fundraising emails are those on the campaign email list. All of them are either outside the district or already voting, so who cares what they think of whatever the "brand" is.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #2030 on: May 09, 2017, 05:30:03 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2017, 05:32:13 PM by Shameless Bernie Hack »

2 things:

lol

The only people that see fundraising emails are those on the campaign email list. All of them are either outside the district or already voting, so who cares what they think of whatever the "brand" is.

Are they really already voting when they see seven emails during early voting with subject lines that are variations on "It's over. We lost."?

Also like... "They're already voting, who cares?" is perhaps the best sentence I could use to sum up the malaise among a large portion of my fellow professional Democrats.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2031 on: May 10, 2017, 02:13:19 PM »

Handel applauds the Comey firing: http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2017/05/10/georgia-6th-handel-says-comeys-firing-was-probably-overdue/

Ossoff calls for a special prosecutor: http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2017/05/09/georgia-6th-ossoff-calls-for-probe-of-russian-interference-after-comeys-canning/
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2032 on: May 10, 2017, 02:47:36 PM »

What the f--k is Handel thinking? It's fine if you want to appear conservative, but of all the Trump Admin actions to publicly support, Trumpcare and the Comey firing might be the worst.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2033 on: May 10, 2017, 02:50:43 PM »

I understand that Comey firing may not affect this race much, but I wonder how do GA-06 voters feel about Trump's action in general.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #2034 on: May 10, 2017, 02:51:01 PM »

Handel needs to give Trump supporters a reason to not stay home, but at the same time she's giving Republicans who hate Trump more of a reason to stay home or vote for Ossoff.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2035 on: May 10, 2017, 04:21:07 PM »

Handel needs to give Trump supporters a reason to not stay home, but at the same time she's giving Republicans who hate Trump more of a reason to stay home or vote for Ossoff.

All right, but she didn't have to come out in favor of the two most controversial events in Trump's presidency so far.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2036 on: May 11, 2017, 09:53:32 AM »

Ossoff reserves another $6.6 million in airtime.

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2017/05/11/ossoff-ups-the-ante-pours-6-6m-into-ads-for-6th-district-runoff/

This is going to be like a $50 million race when this is over.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2037 on: May 11, 2017, 02:04:15 PM »

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2017/05/11/ossoff-ups-the-ante-pours-6-6m-into-ads-for-6th-district-runoff/

That's insane and utterly unsustainable
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2038 on: May 11, 2017, 02:10:12 PM »

That's insane and utterly unsustainable

It's for airtime up until the runoff.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2039 on: May 11, 2017, 08:01:41 PM »

Early voting locations for the runoff have been set.  There will be a total of 13: 5 in DeKalb County, 6 in Fulton, and 2 in Cobb.  The first round had 8 locations (2 DeKalb, 4 Fulton, 2 Cobb).  These locations are determined by each county's board of elections. 

http://www.myajc.com/news/local-govt--politics/more-early-voting-sites-open-democrat-leaning-areas-for-6th-district-race/HGLMZduehJL8snLqtt4C4O/

Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #2040 on: May 11, 2017, 08:53:51 PM »

RIP Handel
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #2041 on: May 12, 2017, 07:08:19 AM »

Early voting locations for the runoff have been set.  There will be a total of 13: 5 in DeKalb County, 6 in Fulton, and 2 in Cobb.  The first round had 8 locations (2 DeKalb, 4 Fulton, 2 Cobb).  These locations are determined by each county's board of elections. 

http://www.myajc.com/news/local-govt--politics/more-early-voting-sites-open-democrat-leaning-areas-for-6th-district-race/HGLMZduehJL8snLqtt4C4O/

Wow three extra sites in DeKalb is pretty big. Which county had the lowest turnout in the first round?

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2042 on: May 12, 2017, 09:41:44 AM »

Wow three extra sites in DeKalb is pretty big. Which county had the lowest turnout in the first round?

Caution: this is based on my memory; I can't seem to find the actual numbers online easily.  I believe that turnout in April was roughly 45% in Cobb, 40% in Fulton, but much lower in DeKalb (in the 20's).  It's worth noting that there was a long-lasting downpour in parts of DeKalb on Election Day.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2043 on: May 12, 2017, 01:15:21 PM »

Caution: this is based on my memory; I can't seem to find the actual numbers online easily.  I believe that turnout in April was roughly 45% in Cobb, 40% in Fulton, but much lower in DeKalb (in the 20's).  It's worth noting that there was a long-lasting downpour in parts of DeKalb on Election Day.

From the Secretary of State's office:

Cobb: 47.55%
Dekalb: 44.67%
Fulton: 40.68%

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2044 on: May 12, 2017, 01:26:41 PM »

From the Secretary of State's office:

Cobb: 47.55%
Dekalb: 44.67%
Fulton: 40.68%

Thanks.  The Cobb and Fulton numbers are in line with what I remember, but no idea where I heard that DeKalb number from...it was way off.  Chalk it up to advancing age. Smiley
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2045 on: May 12, 2017, 06:56:21 PM »

Don't count on this happening--we thought the exact same would happen with the presidential election, and look where we're at instead. Republicans will show up regardless.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #2046 on: May 12, 2017, 07:38:48 PM »

I saw this on DK today, and I have to ask, who exactly is putting together these emails for Ossoff?

Is trying to digitally guilt someone really the best way to solicit money?
That made me chuckle, so it must be working
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #2047 on: May 12, 2017, 08:34:54 PM »

Don't count on this happening--we thought the exact same would happen with the presidential election, and look where we're at instead. Republicans will show up regardless.

In the end what will matter is Independent and Minority turnout, it just depends on how energized Ossoff can get people.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #2048 on: May 12, 2017, 09:19:07 PM »

Not every single race is going to mirror the presidential election. The point is that Handel coming out in support of things that are unpopular will do nothing to help her with undecided voters
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2049 on: May 13, 2017, 04:49:36 PM »

Not every single race is going to mirror the presidential election. The point is that Handel coming out in support of things that are unpopular will do nothing to help her with undecided voters

Oh, I don't by any stretch think this will mirror the presidential election--more realistically it'll mirror the 2014 midterms because Dem turnout is even lower in races where the president isn't on the ballot.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 ... 120  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies