Ipsos national poll: Trudeau 40% Trump 33%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:43:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Ipsos national poll: Trudeau 40% Trump 33%
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Ipsos national poll: Trudeau 40% Trump 33%  (Read 1467 times)
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2017, 05:14:21 PM »

it's a household word, dynastic like Kennedy.  They may not know or care which trudeau you're talking about, but they know that trudeau is a brand name in canadian politics.

Yeah, hard no on that one. I had no idea who he or his family was before he became PM and I pay attention far more than most
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2017, 06:05:12 PM »

Fair enough, let's trade.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2017, 07:17:43 PM »

it's a household word, dynastic like Kennedy.  They may not know or care which trudeau you're talking about, but they know that trudeau is a brand name in canadian politics.

Yeah, hard no on that one. I had no idea who he or his family was before he became PM and I pay attention far more than most

"hardno"?  hardon, maybe? 

anyway, I pay zero attention to this stuff--never heard the word shitgibbon till today--but I definitely recognize the name Trudeau.  It's canadian, and it's canadian authority.  It also sort of reeks, like the word Kennedy and the word Bush and the word Clinton.  But it doesn't reek as much as the word Trump.  People understand that.  People recognize the name Trudeau and they know that it doesn't smell as bad as the word Trump.  The polling data supports that assertion.  They may not know the first name of Trudeau, or exactly what he does--I know I don't--but they know that it's a name associated with governmental power in Canada.

Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2017, 08:27:07 PM »

"hardno"?  hardon, maybe? 

anyway, I pay zero attention to this stuff--never heard the word shitgibbon till today--but I definitely recognize the name Trudeau.  It's canadian, and it's canadian authority.  It also sort of reeks, like the word Kennedy and the word Bush and the word Clinton.  But it doesn't reek as much as the word Trump.  People understand that.  People recognize the name Trudeau and they know that it doesn't smell as bad as the word Trump.  The polling data supports that assertion.  They may not know the first name of Trudeau, or exactly what he does--I know I don't--but they know that it's a name associated with governmental power in Canada.

I think this is a generational thing. I didn't know about the Trudeaus until like 2013 or so, and it's because I was interested.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2017, 08:52:30 PM »

I didn't know about the Trudeaus until like 2013 or so

hmm.  Probably minutiae, but I'm thinking that pluralization in this case requires an -x ending.  Just as the plural of chapeau is chapeaux and the plural of manteau is manteaux, shouldn't the plural of Trudeau be Trudeaux?  n'est–ce pas?
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2017, 09:42:02 AM »

Most Americans don't know anything about Canadian politics.  The average American probably thinks that all guns are banned in Canada.  If I asked people I knew to name foreign leaders, they would name Vladimir Putin, Kim Jong-un, Benjamin Netanyahu, Queen Elizabeth II, Pope Francis, Angela Merkel, Bashar al-Assad, and maybe Enrique Peña Nieto.  Over the last decade names such as Kim Jong-il, Fidel Castro, Tony Blair, Muammar Gaddafi, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Nicholas Sarkozy, and Hugo Chavez would probably have made the list as well.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies