Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2018, 08:34:00 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Election 2018 predictions for US Senate are now open!.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
| |-+  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, Attorney General TJ, Virginia)
| | |-+  What are thoughts on Brian Schatz (maybe a VP)- I've been Impressed w/ ...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What are thoughts on Brian Schatz (maybe a VP)- I've been Impressed w/ ...  (Read 296 times)
SCNCmod
YaBB God

View Profile Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 08, 2017, 08:13:04 am »

What are thoughts on Brian Schatz (maybe a VP possibility)-

I was unfamiliar with Schatz ... but I've been Impressed with his speeches on the Senate Floor the past few nights.  His DeVos Speech was the best IMO.  He seems very effective at actually making the case of why the nominee's should not be supported.  Very measured, very logical, very effective (almost a Bill Clinton quality regarding boiling things down... explainer in chief.. etc).  

I don't have a link to video, or I would post it.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 09:41:35 am by SCNCmod »Logged
Vega
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 09:04:34 am »

Would have been a good VP for Hillary, but he endorsed Obama in 2008.
Jeppe
Bosse
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -4.00

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 12:22:46 pm »

Hanabusa should've been in his seat instead. Obama sucks for endorsing him in a competitive Democratic primary.

Endorsements (Competitive Primaries Only)

Governor
CA - John Chiang
CO - Cary Kennedy
FL - Gwen Graham
MI - Gretchen Whitmer
NV - Chris Giunchigliani
NY - Cynthia Nixon
TX - Lupe Valdez

House
CA-25 - Katie Hill
CA-49 - Sara Jacobs
FL-27 - Donna Shalala
HI-01 - Beth Fukumoto
MA-03 - Barbara L’Italien
MD-06 - Aruna Miller
NM-01 - Deb Haaland
VA-07 - Abigail Spanberger
VA-10 - Jennifer Wexton

San Francisco Mayor - London Breed
Santander
YaBB God
Russian Federation

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 5.39

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 12:51:16 pm »

Hanabusa should've been in his seat instead. Obama sucks for endorsing him in a competitive Democratic primary.

THE BuckeyeNut
BuckeyeNut
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 01:00:02 pm »

I ascribe to no national wing of the Democratic Party. I ascribe to the Ohio wing of the Democratic Party.
Figueira
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 03:06:01 pm »

Why is Hanabusa so great?

Anyway, I like him as a VP although he doesn't really bring much geographical diversity to the ticket (I mean, Hawaii is diverse but it's not very helpful electorally). I guess his Jewishness could help in Florida.

Note: I am not actually British.

¢®🅰ß 🦀 ©@k€ 🎂
CrabCake
YaBB God
Kiribati

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 04:54:49 pm »

Anyway, I like him as a VP although he doesn't really bring much geographical diversity to the ticket (I mean, Hawaii is diverse but it's not very helpful electorally). I guess his Jewishness could help in Florida.

Literally the only answer I hear is that Inouye should have had some sort of sacred beyond the grave ownership of his seat.
SCNCmod
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 05:00:36 pm »

I'm not familiar with Hanabusa...

All I know is Schatz was very effective making the case against DeVos (and from the clips I saw..against Sessions).  And he seemed passionate about the issues and sincere...  Many Senators seemed to be partially seeking limelight in their speeches... or talked about issues important to them (more so than fully focused on convincing 1 more Republican not to vote for DeVos)... Schatz stayed away from irrelevant Hyperbole & laser focused on why DeVos was truly unqualified. (IMO he would have absolutely convinced any Republican Senator who was truly undecided... which appears to be none of them!)
SCNCmod
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 05:09:26 pm »

Literally the only answer I hear is that Inouye should have had some sort of sacred beyond the grave ownership of his seat.

She sounds like she is a bit crooked... just from browsing her Wiki page (not to mention... probably not much of an animal lover!)

I saw Inouye sent a letter shortly before his death..to the Gov.. wanting him to pick Hanabusa- But it is obviously the Governors decision to pick the best person (which Hawaii must have agreed with since Schatz defeated her the following primary).  And who knows what the reason or connections Inouye had to Hanabusa... as it seems a bit odd to write a letter requesting your replacement.

Again- I've not familiar with Hawaii Politics.. these are just a few observations based on a brief look.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 05:11:07 pm by SCNCmod »Logged
Kingpoleon
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 10:30:49 pm »

But Elizabeth Warren gets a free pass for it?

“Passion and prejudice govern the world; only under the name of reason. It is our part, by religion and reason joined, to counteract them all we can.“ - John Wesley

"Good speech and good looks covers man's every vice. Plain speech and plain looks covers man's every virtue." - Yours Truly

Economic: 1.38
Social: -2.36
Solopop
solopop
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2017, 11:21:34 pm »

SCNCmod
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2017, 11:37:10 pm »

But Elizabeth Warren gets a free pass for it?

From what I've seen of him... Obama & Warren deserve praise for endorsing him
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout