The Green Thread: Marijuana in the states (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:12:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  The Green Thread: Marijuana in the states (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Green Thread: Marijuana in the states  (Read 90469 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: January 05, 2019, 04:53:56 AM »
« edited: January 05, 2019, 06:05:59 AM by Mayor Steve Pearce »

House Speaker Steve Shurtleff is confident that the Legislature can override Sununu's veto. The State House is absolutely going to legalize it.

Right now, you have two crossovers on both sides. The GOP has John Reagan and David Starr (who are both libertarian-leaning Republicans). The Dems have Shannon Chandley (newly elected senator), Cindy Rosenwald (newly elected) and D'Allesandro (entrenched veteran). Most undecideds are Ds, with Harold French being the only Republican.

Chandley and Rosenwald's oppositions seem to be based off of her previous votes, which most of the party has moved past. I think Chandley will come around, and have no doubts Rosenwald will. D'Allesandro opposing really throws a wrench in the override plans.  Between the Gardner stuff and this, I'd be willing to work for any candidate that primaries D'Allesandro at this point.

The good news is that French has been very open to the idea of legalization, and outright sounds like he's leaning yes here. He was one of the crossover votes for the decrim bill,  If Shurtleff/Soucy got him to join on, then legalization will happen this year. I'd put the odds at about 60%.

Right now, THE LIST:
Starr (SD-1): Yea
Giuda (SD-2): Nay
Bradley (SD-3): Nay
Watters (SD-4): Yea
Hennessey (SD-5): Yea
Gray (SD-6): Nay
French (SD-7): Leans Yea (nothing on the record yet - this is speculation)
Ward (SD-8): Nay
Dietsch (SD-9): Nay
Kahn (SD-10): No Info Found
Chandley (SD-11): Leans Yea (voted nay in the spring, but I've heard rumors she's already flipped)
Levesque (SD-12): Yea
Rosenwald (SD-13): Leans Yea (voted nay in the spring, but she's very D establishment and I'd be surprised to see her defect)
Carson (SD-14): Nay
Feltes (SD-15): Yea
Cavanaugh (SD-16): No Info Found
Reagan (SD-17): Yea
Soucy (SD-18): Leans Yea (Can't find anything on the record but she's establishment incarnate, so she'll vote for it)
Birdsell (SD-19): Yea
D'Allesandro (SD-20): Nay
Fuller Clark (SD-21): Yea
Morse (SD-22): Nay
Morgan (SD-23): Undecided
Sherman (SD-24): Yea (Sawxleaks)

Italics are confirmed cross-over votes. I haven't put French in italics yet since there's no confirmation.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies