The Great Theft!!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:38:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Great Theft!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Great Theft!!!  (Read 259 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 10, 2017, 04:56:46 AM »

The Great Theft!!!
The Story of How TR was Kidnapped and How He Will Be Freed

Ladies and Gentlemen of Atlasia. I come before you to bring details of a story that is very disturbing, in fact you might even say it is deeply disturbing. So disturbing I tell you that some people might want to use discretion in viewing it. No names were changed to protect the guilty. Everything I say in this thread will be the absolute truth.

I WAS ROBBED!!!

In fact I was robbed so much police said "we can't help you, we have no experience dealing with a robbery of this nature". The very notion of a theft this big, this grand, this monumental freighted away the authorities. So I am going to take matters into my own hands, to seek justice the only way I know will work. I am taking my case directly to the People...'s House.

I will draw people's attention to exhibit A. About two weeks ago, I appeared before the Crusader to answer tough questions from the proprietor. And you will note that I selected after much debate to use the image of one Ted Roosevelt. I made this selection because TR, at least in his first term (s), stood for strength, compassion and endurance, and as a historical figure he is someone I admire greatly. He cared about healthcare, as do I. He wanted to make sure the system worked for the people, so do I, He believed that peace came from strength and diplomacy. Then of course the 1910's happened, but we will just pretend that unfortunate episode never happen.

As you might have noticed, I laid out my accomplishments and desired accomplishments for my rather short tenure as President and hinted at an impending decision on whether or not to run.  Today, I come before to tell you that I am, in fact running, running down the perpetrators of this dastardly act. Over the past week though, it became clear to me that a tough election battle for President would be to distracting with the number of complex and demanding issues facing the country. A good part of this a result of the fact that October turned out the way it did so many things that would be well in place are just getting started and my preference is to devote time to making them a success.

This was a horrendous trade-off because I care deeply about all the issues facing us today. I care deeply about making the reforms of last spring work and my posts are full of recommendations to improve and fix that system and more will be on the way. I care deeply about the dynamic interaction that is being set in motion between the administration, Game Moderator, Congress and the people. I care deeply about healthcare and all the stages of reform that are necessary from public healthcare to electronic medical records, to tort reform. Yet if the choice comes down to some progress or none at all, then I will take as much as I can and that is why I made this difficult choice. However, this doesn't change the fact that deep down I wanted to run again and I will state this categorically, so you can write it down in your papers. I'll BE BACK!!!! It might be a year, it might be two years, but I shall return!

In the meantime I discovered though that my portrait of TR had been stolen right out of my office. This will not stand! Therefore, I am taking my case directly to the People's House of Representatives. While one door has closed on bring about A More Welcoming Atlasia, for all who play this game, another has opened up right in front of us. Let us reach out together and open it!

Join me! Join our efforts to bring the House back to the People and restore justice, if we succeed in getting our message out, then TR will find his way back to us for he always stood with and for The People.

Thank You and Dave Bless.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies