Could Jason Kander somehow win the Democratic nomination?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:08:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Could Jason Kander somehow win the Democratic nomination?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 49

Author Topic: Could Jason Kander somehow win the Democratic nomination?  (Read 2727 times)
Rjjr77
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2017, 02:01:03 PM »

Almost no chance, he lacks qualifications, name ID, and a national fundraising apparatus.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2017, 03:55:24 AM »

As someone who lives in Missouri I demand that people stop discussing KANDER FOR PRESIDENT 2020 IMMEDIATELY.

This is one of the stupidest notions I have ever heard. People may compare him to Obama who also had a thin resume but Obama at least held federal office. Kander only held the Secretary of State position in Missouri.

That being said he may be able to win a Senate race in 2018 if McCaskill decides not to run and could possibly defeat Greitens in 2020. The duties of the Secretary of State in Missouri better parallel the gubernatorial duties than Attorney General so perhaps Governor may be Kander's best bet.

So.. please.. stop.. this.. kander.. for... president.. talk..

and no I do not think Kander ran this wonderful campaign. He was the only statewide Democrat who ran a competent campaign in 2016. The rest of them, including Koster, had very poorly ran campaigns. The Democratic nominee who ran for Kander's Secretary of State position literally said she could win because her husband did sports announcements in the Kansas City area. Koster was riding too much on his endorsements and which few people cared about. Greitens was able to ride the outsider and Republican wave.

If Kander ran for Governor this year and ran a similar campaign he would have probably won a gubernatorial race. But hind sight is always 2020. By saying that I do not mean we should run to Sanders in 2020. Just because Sanders was the right candidate in 2016 does not mean he would be the right one in 2020.
nolesfan2011
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.68, S: -7.48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2017, 09:16:53 AM »

I don't see it happening but I'd love if it did.
Liberal_1776
Political Matrix
E: -2.55, S: -3.41

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2017, 02:11:45 PM »

I think Jason Kander would be a stellar choice for Democrats... in 2028. A one-term Secretary of State from Missouri who lacks real political connections and establishment support will be incapable of winning the nomination at age thirty-nine.

However, eight years later, the young, but experienced two-term Missouri governor is succeeding President Booker/Klobuchar/Sanders to lead the Democratic Party and have twelve years of consecutive rule, not accomplished by Democrats since Franklin Delano Roosevelt. With wide support from establishment figures, a 'Middle American' coalition, and his down-to-earth political style, nothing can stop Governor Jason Kander.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2017, 04:09:44 PM »

Campaign slogan: I only lost by 2.8%!
Cynthia
ueutyi
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.00, S: -3.63

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2017, 03:42:46 AM »

Yes, as Governor of Missouri or Senator from Missouri in 2028.
SCNCmod

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2017, 03:51:21 AM »

No

I think he was a good senate candidate.. but he doesn't strike me as a presidential contender (at least not yet)
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies