Protestors confront politicians at town halls megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:30:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Protestors confront politicians at town halls megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
Author Topic: Protestors confront politicians at town halls megathread  (Read 28705 times)
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: May 13, 2017, 01:52:09 PM »

Also from Rep. MacArthur's town hall: Teen grills Macarthur over if rape is a preexisting condition

https://thinkprogress.org/teens-grill-rep-tom-macarthur-over-whether-rape-is-a-pre-existing-condition-ebf6e50a0001
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #176 on: May 13, 2017, 02:08:08 PM »

Man Stuffs Cash Into Shirt Of GOP Congressman Who Voted To Repeal Obamacare

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/kevin-cramer-town-hall-rowdy-money-video_us_5916ddb4e4b0fe039b34e973?33r&ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #177 on: May 13, 2017, 03:20:59 PM »

That's bizarre.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #178 on: May 14, 2017, 07:02:48 AM »

As the Comey stuff dies, Democrats should mobilize massively with this AHCA protests, turn into a grass-roots thing, promote this kind of videos on their sites, run ads whatever - Build a national mood.

This is something which can actually deliver the house in 2018 unlike Comey & impacts the personal finances of people & is essentially life or death to some !
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #179 on: May 23, 2017, 07:37:11 PM »

Epic rant by constituent against Rep. Tom MacArthur (R-NJ). Yes, the same Tom who created the infamous MacArthur Amendment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TDkgIEn5Ac

Wow.  That video is easily the best thing I've seen in a while.  It really needs to go viral.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #180 on: May 30, 2017, 01:54:06 PM »

Darrell Issa is on the roof of his office building, hiding from a mob of protestors outside the doors.

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #181 on: May 30, 2017, 01:55:17 PM »

Darrell Issa is on the roof of his office building, hiding from a mob of protestors outside the doors.

Lol what a cuck
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #182 on: June 01, 2017, 07:17:25 PM »

@rachaelmbade is live tweeting Rep. Steve Knight's (R-CA-25) town hall.  It's been dominated by health care so far.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #183 on: June 01, 2017, 10:37:45 PM »

@rachaelmbade is live tweeting Rep. Steve Knight's (R-CA-25) town hall.  It's been dominated by health care so far.

lol:

Well, did they?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #184 on: June 03, 2017, 11:18:57 AM »

Darrell Issa is currently holding a town hall.  @rachaelmbade is live tweeting it.  Could be a lively one.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #185 on: June 05, 2017, 11:09:30 AM »

I went to a town hall in Scottsdale held by my congressman David Schweikert in which he discussed healthcare and it was underwhelming except for the one heckler who kept asking him questions.
Wakie77
« Reply #186 on: June 17, 2017, 02:01:37 PM »

I went to a town hall in Scottsdale held by my congressman David Schweikert in which he discussed healthcare and it was underwhelming except for the one heckler who kept asking him questions.

Bravo for Schweikert for holding a town hall meeting.  NY-2 Congressman Peter King refuses to hold one and when protesters appeared outside his home he whined on Facebook about it.  Like a b****.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #187 on: June 20, 2017, 01:19:56 AM »
« Edited: June 20, 2017, 01:21:52 AM by The Arizonan »

Bravo for Schweikert for holding a town hall meeting.  NY-2 Congressman Peter King refuses to hold one and when protesters appeared outside his home he whined on Facebook about it.  Like a b****.

Is Peter King the Islamophobic congressman from Long Island?

Congressman Trent Franks from Glendale, AZ is also holding one in July and I intend on showing up.
vanguard96
United States

« Reply #188 on: June 23, 2017, 08:28:45 AM »

How really 'libertarian' is Schweikert compared to Rand Paul, Thomas Massie, and Justin Amash who are the libertarian inclined members of Congress I notice most often?

He was on NPR after the Scalise shooting saying he was originally scheduled to be there but slept in.

He identified as conservative libertarian - but I looked at his record and I don't see him really standing out on this like those three do or even Mike Lee from Utah who I'd say is less libertarian inclined than those 3.

Amash chairs the House Liberty Caucus but aside from Massie and maybe Brat I don't see a lot of liberty bonafides from many of the others except in isolation and they seem identical to the Freedom Caucus.

What are your thoughts on Schweikert and his libertarian claims?
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #189 on: June 28, 2017, 11:08:01 AM »

How really 'libertarian' is Schweikert compared to Rand Paul, Thomas Massie, and Justin Amash who are the libertarian inclined members of Congress I notice most often?

He was on NPR after the Scalise shooting saying he was originally scheduled to be there but slept in.

He identified as conservative libertarian - but I looked at his record and I don't see him really standing out on this like those three do or even Mike Lee from Utah who I'd say is less libertarian inclined than those 3.

Amash chairs the House Liberty Caucus but aside from Massie and maybe Brat I don't see a lot of liberty bonafides from many of the others except in isolation and they seem identical to the Freedom Caucus.

What are your thoughts on Schweikert and his libertarian claims?

I honestly don't know too much about Schweikert, but I don't think he's a real libertarian.

As of now, I'm vacationing in Washington, D.C. before I go back to Phoenix. Yesterday, I went into his office just to get a green pass into the House Gallery inside the Capitol. A few minutes after walking into his office, he walked in and I got to shake his hand.

On another note, I got to see the Democratic senators give a speech on the steps outside in front of the Senate chamber in person. I've never seen so many senators in real life.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #190 on: July 06, 2017, 10:38:46 PM »

I'm sorry to say, but this thread seems pretty obsolete now that Republicans have almost uniformly decided to forego hosting town halls.  Perhaps we should unpin it unless and until they have a change of heart.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #191 on: July 07, 2017, 12:11:36 AM »

NPR had a piece on how most Republican Congressmen were over the weekend dodging the traditional Independence Day parades and festivals like the plague.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #192 on: July 10, 2017, 01:19:10 AM »

Recently, I went to a town hall/BBQ held by congressman Trent Franks at the First Methodist Church in Glendale, Arizona. There weren't any protestors there and it was primarily Republicans attending the event. I was probably the closest thing to a protestor there.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #193 on: July 22, 2017, 09:42:46 AM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #194 on: August 11, 2017, 07:21:28 AM »

My congressman, Doug Collins, hosted a town hall earlier this week that apparently got a little rowdy (I didn't go).  This district, GA-9, is one of the most conservative in the nation.  Story

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies