what is the lowest hourly wage for which youd work?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:10:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  what is the lowest hourly wage for which youd work?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: what is the lowest hourly wage for which youd work?  (Read 2880 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2005, 10:47:44 PM »

I plan on writing novels as a hobby.  Mainly fantasy.  English was my best subject at school, after Math.  I speak 6 or 7 languages, so yeah, I'm interested in the arts too.  Arts and math, guys and girls, left or right handed, whatever.  I'm balanced. Smiley

Got any material written so far?  I'd like to see it if you do.

I had the sudden urge to begin writing a novel a while ago and have slowly whittled away at it since then.  I'm up to page 12 so far; my goal is to have Chapter 1 done by the time I leave Redmond.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2005, 10:50:40 PM »

I plan on writing novels as a hobby.  Mainly fantasy.  English was my best subject at school, after Math.  I speak 6 or 7 languages, so yeah, I'm interested in the arts too.  Arts and math, guys and girls, left or right handed, whatever.  I'm balanced. Smiley

That's pretty cool. I plan on one day getting a book of my poetry published --- not an easy task (nor something someone on the Atlas would expect from me) but maybe one day.

One of my heroes, CS Lewis, started writing poetry around age 15, and there's even a book of it. Not bad stuff.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2005, 12:37:27 AM »

I'm graduating with a degree in math (statistics).  I enjoy math and I like keeping up to date with current affairs, which is basically waht an actuary does.

Why do you not think of me as an actuary?  I'm rather curious.

I really can't say.  You seem like you'd be quite apt in a literary field -- but that's not where the money is. And it's full of liberals.

I could picture you being involved in computer science, etc, but yeah, when I think about it, actuary does seem to fit you pretty well.

Richius, "These numbers don't add up!" ..... "Damn Liberals!!!"

Wink

Oh and I wouldn't work for under 10$/hr. Companies outside my current company LOVE to pick up people from my company.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2005, 05:41:30 PM »

I've been willing to go pretty low for a good cause. I spent 6 years at a position that came out to about $2.40/hour during the 1990's. And it required me to go through a lengthy personality contest to get the position and then take public criticism on a regular basis.

So I applied for a position that pays about $9.60/hour that I've now held for over four years. It has the same negatives listed above, but I get to serve as the CEO of an organization with a multimillion dollar budget. The plusses do outweigh the low pay and negatives for those willing to put up with the work.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies