Iowa is Rubio Country
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:40:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Iowa is Rubio Country
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 62
Author Topic: Iowa is Rubio Country  (Read 204448 times)
UWS
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: September 02, 2017, 03:32:19 PM »
« edited: April 16, 2019, 10:07:07 PM by UWS »

Third Presidential Debate, Part 2

Wallace : Secretary Clinton, throughout this campaign, Senator Rubio slammed you over and over again on your responsibility for the terrorist attack against our embassy in Benghazi on September 11 2012 when 4 U.S. ambassadors were killed. How do you take that responsibiliyu and why should the American people trust you on handling America's national security chalenges.

Clinton : Of course, I assumed my responsibilities on this critical issue, including on the attack in Benghazi. I am proud of these ambassadors' courage and service for our country.

I can make absolutely two commitments to you and all the American people tonight. One, we will find and bring to justice the men who did this. And secondly, we will get to the bottom of it, and wherever the facts lead us, wherever they lead us, we will make clear to the American public, because whatever mistakes were made will not be made again.

And yet, Republicans are trying to politicize this attack for electoral purposes. I've got to remind that Paul Ryan, the Speaker of the House, cut embassy security in his budget by $300 million below what we asked for. No wonder that he never mentionned it.

I have been involved in issues concerning America's national security for years, so I have all the required experience to help our country to overcome our national security challenges through stronger alliances, support to the right groups in the Middle East and intelligence counter-terrorist operations. That's how we're going to make sure that any terrorist attack like the one in Benghazi will never happen again.

Wallace : Senator Rubio, your response.

Rubio : Well, as you've just heard, Chris, Secretary Clinton has once again tried to find excuses on this issue by claiming that it was someone else's fault. And Secretary, this is not a politicization. The reason why we're weighing in this attack in Benghazi is because the American people has the right to know who has the judgement and leadership to keep America safe and to defeat radical Islamic terrorism. You were Secretary of State at that time, you were responsible for the security lapses on our embassy in Benghazi. You didn't take responsibility and during a Senate hearing, you shouted to Senator Johnson that it makes no difference at this point whether these four brave U.S. ambassadors are dead because of a protest or because of guys out for a walk one night to decide they'd go kill some Americans.

And during a Senate hearing on January 23 2013, when I questionned you about what happened in Benghazi, you told me that you did not receive specific security requests, that they didn't come to you and that you had no knowledge of them with regard to the situation in Libya. And yet, Speaker Ryan corrected your version of the facts by affirming that State Department under your leadership refused security requests for Benghazi. Even the State Department acknowledged that it rejected appeals for more security at its diplomatic posts in Libya in the months preceding the attacks in Benghazi, which contributed to the death of these 4 Americans. All the factcheckers, including PolitiFact, rated that as true. So during that Senate hearing, you looked me straight in the eyes and you lied just like you lied about why these Americans are dead.

So the bottom line, Chris, is whether the American people wants the experience of a candidate who, alongside the administration she was working for, has failed to keep America safe and took decisions that undermined our national security and deleted 30 000 emails or real and proven leadership that will save American lives and other innocent lives here and abroad through a stronger military, stronger alliances, stronger security measures and stronger diplomacy. The latter option is exactly the one I'm proposing for the sake of international security, peace, stability and freedom.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #401 on: September 02, 2017, 10:50:28 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2019, 01:28:05 PM by UWS »

Third Presidential Debate, Part 3

Wallace : Pakistan is one of nine countries in the world to possess nuclear weapons and there are concerns that the Taliban, Al Qaeda or ISIS might rob these weapons and use it to orchestrate a nuclear terrorist attack. Do you think these concerns are reasons why Pakistan should do more to fight and defeat terrorism? Senator Rubio.

Rubio : Well, as we all know, a nuclear attack committed by anybody, including by radical Islamic terrorists, would be one of the deadliest disasters we would have ever witnessed. Even more deadly than 9/11. That's the last thing we need. So yes, Pakistan's nuclear arsenal should be a reason why they should do more to work with us and fight and defeat jihadists.

We will obtain this by renegotiating our relations with Pakistan. In fact, Osama Bin Laden has been hiding in  for ten years and we only found him and killed him by ourselves. We have to make sure that Pakistan is on our side and ensure full Pakistani cooperation with the United States in the War on Terror and our broader counterterrorism efforts in the region. Pakistan must fulfill its obligations to deny safe haven to all terrorist groups and take action against those who aid, support and abet them. Continued U.S. security assistance should be conditioned on Pakistan’s actions against militants that seek to destabilize Afghanistan and the Middle East and threaten the U.S., as well as steps Islamabad takes to support accountable, civilian governance. One sign of Pakistan’s seriousness is its handling of the case of Shakil Afridi who was arrested by the Pakistani authorities while he assisted U.S. efforts to locate Osama Bin Laden.

We must also make human rights issues a priority in discussions with Pakistan. Pakistan should enforce its laws equally, giving women and religious minorities the full protections they deserve. In particular, it is long past time for Islamabad to repeal Pakistan’s harsh blasphemy laws, which unjustly carry a death sentence and enable extremists to blackmail and intimidate their opponents. Prisoners on death row for this so-called « crime » should be released immediately.

Wallace : Secretary Clinton?

Clinton : I agree with the Senator that these Pakistani nuclear weapons must never fall into terrorists' hands because they could use them to commit some of the worst terrorist attacks we would have ever seen. Unlike what Islamabad did, Shakil Afridi should be honored for what he did to help us to find and kill Osama Bin Laden, not imprisoned. Under my presidency, if Pakistan doesn't give more efforts against terrorism, we will reduce our military assistance to them. We're going to make sure that Pakistan will act in favor of religious liberty giving women and religious minorities the full protections they deserve.

Wallace : Secretary Clinton, just like Senato Rubio, you are supporting the idea of establishing a no-fly zone in Syria  to try to protect the people of Aleppo and to stop the killing there. President Obama has refused to do that because he fears it's going to draw us closer or deeper into the conflict.

And General Joseph Dunford, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, says you impose a no-fly zone, chances are you're going to get into a war, in his words, with Syria and Russia. So the question I have is, if you impose a no-fly zone, first of all, how do you respond to their concerns? Secondly, if you impose a no-fly zone and a Russian plane violates that, does President Clinton shoot that plane down?

Clinton : Well, Chris, first of all, I think a no-fly zone could save lives and could hasten the end of the conflict. I'm well aware of the really legitimate concerns that you have expressed from both the president and the general.

This would not be done just on the first day. This would take a lot of negotiation. And it would also take making it clear to the Russians and the Syrians that our purpose here was to provide safe zones on the ground.

We've had millions of people leave Syria and those millions of people inside Syria who have been dislocated. So I think we could strike a deal and make it very clear to the Russians and the Syrians that this was something that we believe was in the best interests of the people on the ground in Syria, it would help us with our fight against ISIS.

Wallace : Senator Rubio, two minutes.

Rubio : First of all, Russia should put the fight against ISIS ahead of its selfish interests in Syria. But that's not what Vladimir Putin is doing and that's something Secretary Clinton and the Obama administration have failed to change.

Without a no-fly zone in Syria, our fight against ISIS can't progress. Because if there's no no-fly zone there, Assad will remain able to bomb innocent civilians and those we know they are fighting ISIS, especially the Kurds, like they did last December by launching 4 barrel bombs on the Kurdish neighboorhood of Sheikh Maqsood in Aleppo. By bombing these anti-ISIS forces, Assad risks of giving ground to ISIS, which would make a step closer to Syria's transformation into a terrorist heaven. If Syria becomes a terrorist heaven, ISIS will use Syria as a springboard to itensify their terrorists attacks throughout Middle East. They will use Syria as a springboard to prepare terrorist attacks against the United States just like Al Qaida did with Afghanistan when this country was a terrorist heaven when they conducted the terrorist attacks on September 11 2001. That's why we can't allow that to happen. So by putting in place a no-fly zone, we will defeat ISIS through itensified strikes and by supporting the Kurds through arms provisions to them and by allowing them to fight ISIS while making sure they will not be striked by Syrian air forces.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #402 on: September 02, 2017, 11:30:33 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2019, 01:28:46 PM by UWS »

Third Presidential Debate, Part 4

Wallace : Secretary Clinton, during your 2009 Senate confirmation hearing, you promised to avoid even the appearance of a conflict of interest with your dealing with the Clinton Foundation while you were secretary of state, but e-mails show that donors got special access to you. Those seeking grants for Haiti relief were considered separately from non-donors, and some of those donors got contracts, government contracts, taxpayer money.

Can you really say that you kept your pledge to that Senate committee? And why isn't what happened and what went on between you and the Clinton Foundation?

Clinton : Well, everything I did as secretary of state was in furtherance of our country's interests and our values. The State Department has said that. I think that's been proven.

But I am happy, in fact I'm thrilled to talk about the Clinton Foundation, because it is a world-renowned charity and I am so proud of the work that it does. The Clinton Foundation made it possible for 11 million people around the world with HIV-AIDS to afford treatment, and that's about half all the people in the world who are getting treatment. In partnership with the American Health Association, we have made environments in schools healthier for kids, including healthier lunches.

Rubio : I would like to give Secretary Clinton credit for it, but I think it could have been done with clean money, not dirty money.

Time and time again, the Clinton Foundation is criticized for a lack of transparency. Saudi Arabia giving $25 million, Qatar, all of these countries. These are countries that push gays off business, off buildings. These are people that kill women and treat women horribly. And yet you take their money in order to fund your campaign and to buy this election. So I'd like to ask you right now, why don't you give back the money that you've taken from certain countries that treat certain groups of people so horribly? I think it would be a great gesture. No wonder that even Bernie Sanders questionned your judgement because judgement is a critical criteria in the responsibility of President of the United States for the sake of integrity, security and prosperity here and abroad.

Clinton : Well, very quickly, we at the Clinton Foundation spend 90 percent of all the money that is donated on behalf of programs of people around the world and in our own country. I'm very proud of that. We have the highest rating from the watchdogs that follow foundations. Take a look at Haiti. Haiti is the poorest country in our hemisphere. The earthquake and the hurricanes, it has devastated Haiti. Bill and I have been involved in trying to help Haiti for many years. The Clinton Foundation raised $30 million to help Haiti after the catastrophic earthquake and all of the terrible problems the people there had. We have done things to help small businesses, agriculture, and so much else. And we're going to keep working to help Haiti because it's an important part of the American experience.

Rubio : And yet, the Clinton Foundation received $500,000 from Algeria for earthquake relief in Haiti and Algeria is a country where women's rights are not fully respected and violated for most of the time. That's why many residents of the Little Haiti in my home city of Miami, Florida are criticizing what the Clinton Foundation did and called it a disgrace. There are even some countries like Sudan we are humanitarily assisting where there are several human rights abuses. Under my view as President, humanitarian efforts around the world will always be done through clean money. That way, poor people living in underdeveloped countries, some of which are countries can be really and fully proud of what we do to improve their living conditions.

Wallace : We are going to move on to the next topic, which is the economy. You also have very different ideas about how to get the economy growing faster. Secretary Clinton, in your plan, government plays a big role. You see more government spending, more entitlements, more tax credits, more tax penalties. Senator Rubio, you want to get government out with lower taxes and less regulation. Please explain to me why you believe that your plan will create more jobs and growth for this country and your opponent's plan will not. In this round, you go first, Secretary Clinton.

Clinton : Well, I think when the middle class thrives, America thrives. And so my plan is based on growing the economy, giving middle-class families many more opportunities. I want us to have the biggest jobs program since World War II, jobs in infrastructure and advanced manufacturing. I think we can compete with high-wage countries, and I believe we should. New jobs and clean energy, not only to fight climate change, which is a serious problem, but to create new opportunities and new businesses.

I want us to do more to help small business. That's where two- thirds of the new jobs are going to come from. I want us to raise the national minimum wage, because people who live in poverty should not—who work full-time should not still be in poverty. And I sure do want to make sure women get equal pay for the work we do.

I feel strongly that we have to have an education system that starts with preschool and goes through college. That's why I want more technical education in high schools and in community colleges, real apprenticeships to prepare young people for the jobs of the future. I want to make college debt-free and for families making less than $125,000, you will not get a tuition bill from a public college or university if the plan that I worked on with Bernie Sanders is enacted.

And we're going to work hard to make sure that it is, because we are going to go where the money is. Most of the gains in the last years since the Great Recession have gone to the very top. So we are going to have the wealthy pay their fair share. We're going to have corporations make a contribution greater than they are now to our country.

That is a plan that has been analyzed by independent experts which said that it could produce 10 million new jobs, while Senator Rubio's plan is to cut taxes, to give the biggest tax breaks ever to the wealthy and to corporations, adding $20 trillion to our debt, and causing the kind of dislocation that we have seen before, because it truly will be trickle-down economics on steroids. So the plan I have I think will actually produce greater opportunities.

Wallace : Senator Rubio, why will your plan create more jobs and growth than Secretary Clinton's?

Rubio : Well, first of all, before I start on my plan, her plan is going to raise taxes and even double your taxes. Her tax plan is a disaster. And she can say all she wants about college tuition. I'm a great proponent. We're going to do a lot of things for college tuition. But the rest of the public's going to be paying for it. We will have a massive, massive tax increase under Secretary Clinton's plan.

There is one thing that my opponent doesn't understand about the economy. Corporations and businesses create jobs for the American people, not the government, which is something she publicly denied during a speech in 2014. Most of the jobs are created in small businesses. I am a member of the the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship and of the United States Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation. I know what it takes to make American businesses, including American small businesses, growing again to create jobs and to hire people.

The best way to ensure and increase economic growth is to make America the best place in the world to do business. So we need to reduce taxes for all the American people, including the middle class and lower income Americans in order to reinforce their purchasing power, to reform our education system through school choice, ending the War on Coal, encouraging oil drilling in order to create jobs through taking advantage of all of our sources of energy and using a part of revenues from oil drilling to develop renewable energies. We have to pursue our quest for open markets by promoting free trade, lowering tariffs, making American products more accessible for international consumers, reducing taxes and regulations on America's manufacturing industry and cutting our corporate tax rate from 40 % to 20 %, which will help us to bring jobs back home, to keep creating jobs through fairer free trade deals for America and to make America the best business-friendly environment in the world, which also requires cutting taxes on businesses and corporations, reducing the cost of doing business in America, which will reinforce our businesses' capacity to innovate, to produce and to create jobs. And finally, we have to develop our infrastructure through budget surpluses once the budget balanced, which will facilitate economic and commercial activities all across America and encourage future business people to open their business here in the United States, thus ensuring further job creation here in America, the land of opportunity. My plan will create 14 million new jobs and finally get our country to full-employment.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #403 on: September 03, 2017, 12:00:26 AM »
« Edited: March 25, 2019, 01:29:51 PM by UWS »

Third Presidential Debate, Part 5

Wallace : This is the final time that you're going to be on a stage together in this campaign. I would like to end it on a positive note. You had not agreed to closing statements, but it seems to me in a funny way that might make it more interesting because you haven't prepared closing statements.

So I'd like you each to take and we're going to put a clock up, a minute, as the final question in the final debate, to tell the American people why they should elect you to be the next president. This is another new mini-segment. Secretary Clinton, you go first.

Clinton : Well, I would like to say to everyone watching tonight that I'm reaching out to all Americans, Democrats, Republicans, and independents, because we need everybody to help make our country what it should be, to grow the economy, to make it fairer, to make it work for everyone. We need your talents, your skills, your commitments, your energy, your ambition. That's why my campaign slogan is « Stronger Together ».

You know, I've been privileged to see the presidency up close. And I know the awesome responsibility of protecting our country and the incredible opportunity of working to try to make life better for all of you. I have made the cause of children and families really my life's work.

That's what my mission will be in the presidency. I will stand up for families against powerful interests, against corporations. I will do everything that I can to make sure that you have good jobs, with rising incomes, that your kids have good educations from preschool through college. I hope you will give me a chance to serve as your President.

Thank you.

Wallace : Secretary Clinton, thank you. Senator Rubio?

Rubio : When I started my campaign by announcing my candidacy for President, I started it on a program aimed at leading America and all the American people to a New American Century.

We have a chance of having real leadership. Since too long, America has been ripped apart due to increased violence and tensions. Since too long, America is suffering a sluggish economy in which big government has killed opportunities as well as good-paying jobs. Since too long, America and its allies are suffering terrorist attacks but this administration has done nothing but cutting in our military budget and in our security measures and withdrawing from the fight against global terrorism.

This election will decide whether my four children and yours will be the most prosperous generation of Americans that ever lived or if they will be the first generation of Americans to inherit a country in decline.

So in three weeks, the question that will be asked to the voters is whether they want a third term like the last eight years or they want a real great change. I listened to the American people all around the country, and I understand their concerns.

This kind of change includes permanent economic prosperity through free market solutions, energy independence, budget balance, free trade, education reform, small business championing and infrastructure development.

This kind of change requires peace through stronger alliances and a stronger diplomacy in order defeat terrorism and tyranny and restore peace, freedom and integrity around the world.

Such kind of change requires stronger unity among the American people. That's why, throughout this campaign, I showed my willingness to put the different parties together and to work with Republicans, Democrats and Independents to find real solutions to accomplish common goals and get things done whether it's on economic issues, social issues or foreign policy issues. That's why our country is called the United States of America. That's why we need to put our differences aside in order to get things done. That's why need to trust the American people. And I trust the American people in their judgement and their willing to get our country together once and for all and to make sure that we make great accomplishments for a brighter future for America. That's why I'm running for President.

We need strong leadership. I seek to be that leader. I'll work for you. I will put your interests first. That's why I ask for your vote. I want to be President for all Americans, whether they are conservatives, liberals, progressives, libertarians or independents. I want to get America back on track and on the right direction and together, we will ensure that America will keep its status as the hope of the Earth.

Thank you very much.

Wallace : Thank you both. Secretary Clinton, Senator Rubio, I want to thank you both for participating in all three of these debates.

That brings to an end this year's debates sponsored by the Commission on Presidential Debates. We want to thank the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, and its students for having us. Now the decision is up to you.

While millions have already voted, Election Day, November 8th, is just 20 days away. One thing everyone here can agree on: We hope you will go vote. It is one of the honors and obligations of living in this great country. Thank you, and good night.

[APPLAUSE FROM THE AUDIENCE AS MARCO RUBIO AND HILLARY CLINTON SHAKE HANDS]
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #404 on: September 03, 2017, 12:13:57 AM »
« Edited: February 22, 2018, 05:27:55 PM by UWS »

Who Won the Third Presidential Debate?

CNN/ORC poll :
Marco Rubio : 57 %
Hillary Clinton : 42 %
Tied/Unsure : 1 %

Politico/Morning Consult poll :
Marco Rubio : 58 %
Hillary Clinton : 40 %
Tied/Unsure : 2 %

Reuters/Ipsos poll :
Marco Rubio : 59 %

NBC News/SurveyMonkey poll :
Marco Rubio : 54 %
Hillary Clinton : 45 %

Gallup poll :
Marco Rubio : 56 %
Hillary Clinton : 43 %

Fox News poll :
Marco Rubio : 60 %
Hillary Clinton : 37 %
Tied/Unsure : 3 %

ABC News/Washington Post poll :
Hillary Clinton : 41 %
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #405 on: September 03, 2017, 01:52:06 PM »

Who Won the Third Presidential Debate?

CNN/ORC poll Sad

Politico/Morning Consult poll Sad
Tied/Unsure : 2 %

Reuters/Ipsos poll Sad
Marco Rubio : 59 %

NBC News/SurveyMonkey poll Sad

Gallup poll Sad

Fox News poll Sad
Marco Rubio : 60 %
Hillary Clinton : 37 %

ABC News/Washington Post poll:
Hillary Clinton : 41 %
Landslide here we come 😃
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #406 on: September 04, 2017, 08:48:05 AM »
« Edited: September 04, 2017, 12:37:58 PM by UWS »

New polls

Emerging as the victor of the third and final presidential debate, Marco Rubio reinforced his lead over Hillary Clinton in the polls. He even narrowly edged Clinton in the Democratic stronghold of New Jersey.

In contrast to past Republican presidential candidates, Marco Rubio is playing major attention to the Midwest by bringing more focus on Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Pennsylvania, where he proposed tax cuts for the manufacturing industry as well as reduction of America's corporate tax rate as a alternative to populism in order to promote free trade and job creation through globalization while bringing jobs back through tax reform.

Another factor of Rubio's lead is his attacks against Clinton on corruption and terrorism.

He's even spending time campaigning for Republican senatorial candidates and attacking Democratic senatorial candidates in order to maintain and reinforce the Republican majority in Congress to make sure his presidential agenda will succeed and pass if he's elected on November 8.

General election polls

Hillary Clinton vs Marco Rubio

Marco Rubio : 53 %
Undecided : 2 %

Statewide opinion polls

Ohio

Florida

North Carolina

Undecided : 1 %

Virginia

Hillary Clinton : 50 %
Marco Rubio : 48 %

Pennsylvania

Marco Rubio : 51 %
Hillary Clinton : 46 %
Undecided : 3 %

New Hampshire

Marco Rubio : 52 %

Michigan

Wisconsin

Minnesota

Marco Rubio : 50 %
Hillary Clinton : 48 %

Iowa

Colorado

Nevada

New Mexico

Marco Rubio : 49 %

New Jersey

Maine

Hillary Clinton : 52 %
Marco Rubio : 47 %

Oregon

Hillary Clinton : 53 %
Marco Rubio : 45 %

Electoral College map

Marco Rubio : 324 great electors
Hillary Clinton : 172 great electors
Toss-ups : 42 great electors
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #407 on: September 04, 2017, 09:40:13 AM »
« Edited: March 25, 2019, 01:34:29 PM by UWS »

On the campaign trail

Rubio emerges as the winner of the final presidential debate

According to all the polls, most of the watchers declared Marco Rubio the winner of the third and final presidential debate. Hillary Clinton gave her strongest performance of the three general election debates, but it doesn't seem to be enough to reverse the tendency of the race. The moment that may have killed Hillary Clinton's chances was when the two candidates clashed on Benghazi, an issue in which Rubio underlined that Clinton's State Department received security requests before the attack in Benghazi, which is something Clinton denied, including during a Senate hearing between her and Senator Rubio.

We'll have to see whether an October surprise will determine the issue of the presidential race in favor of one of the two candidates.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #408 on: September 04, 2017, 12:27:35 PM »

We'll have to see whether an October surprise will determine the issue of the presidential race in favor of one of the two candidates.
I sense some serious foreshadowing...
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #409 on: September 04, 2017, 12:35:04 PM »

I knew it was too good to be true Sad
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #410 on: September 04, 2017, 12:38:46 PM »

Don't worry. It will be the reopening of the FBI investigation on Hillary Clinton's emails.
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #411 on: September 04, 2017, 12:40:09 PM »

Don't worry. It will be the reopening of the FBI investigation on Hillary Clinton's emails.
Never mind then. GO MARCOOOOOO!!! Smiley
Keep cool-idge
Benjamin Harrison he is w
United States

« Reply #412 on: September 04, 2017, 12:57:34 PM »

I think I smell a republican wave coming on the west coast,southwest,rust belt,northeast and record numbers in the south Cheesy
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #413 on: September 04, 2017, 01:07:34 PM »

sorry to keep on harping on this UWS, but I really think Kaine wouldn't be helping this much in VA.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #414 on: September 04, 2017, 01:12:46 PM »

sorry to keep on harping on this UWS, but I really think Kaine wouldn't be helping this much in VA.

That's why Rubio is getting closer and closer to Clinton in Virginia.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #415 on: September 04, 2017, 03:04:30 PM »
« Edited: March 27, 2019, 01:56:21 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's campaign schedule, Part 1

October 20-21, 2016
-Senate duties in Washington D.C.

October 22, 2016
-Campaign in Wisconsin
-Speech ahead of undecided voters at a Ron Johnson's senate re-election rally in Kenosha, Wisconsin with Ron Johnson :

My friends, we are living in a situation of growing terrorist threat. This is due to Barack Obama's dangerous and weak foreign policy that cut in the military and withdrew America from the fight against global terrorism, which gave ISIS the opportunity to rise and extend its territory. No wonder that our allies are trusting us less while our enemies are stronger.

And yet, Democratic senators, are supporting President Obama step by step. They underestimated ISIS and allowed their rise and voted for a dangerous nuclear deal with Iran who gives millions of dollars to terrorists and are using revenues from the lifting of the sanctions to pursue the development of their nuclear military arsenal. Now, Obama wants to remove terrorist detainees from Guantanamo Bay and send them back to the Middle East or even to America. Guantanamo transfers have killed Americans. And Senate Democrats are ready to follow Obama's foreign policy.

Yet again, Russ Feingold, who lost his Senate seat and is seeking Senator Johnson's Senate seat here in Wisconsin, shares their same weak judgement. When asked about being the only Senator to vote against intelligence surveillance of terrorists after 9/11, here's the answer he gave to Wolf Blitzer during an interview : « That was probably one of the best things I've ever done. »

[Crowd boos]

Even after 9/11, Feingold voted against establishing the Department of Homeland Security in 2002. Time and time again, he voted against authorizing our military and against funding counter-terrorism operations. From ISIS to the Iran nuclear deal, Russ Feingold is just another supporter of the Obama/Clinton weak foreign policy.

Ron Johnson and I fought in the Senate to give America the necessary tools to fight radical Islamic terrorism by supporting laws that would reinforce the military and our alliances, that would give us the necessary information that will help us to stop terrorist attacks from being committed, that would keep ISIS out of our territory, allow the Attorney General to delay transfer of firearms to suspected terrorists and that would stop state sponsors of terrorism from getting the necessary money to support terrorism. And we will pursue that leadership if I'm elected President of the United States and if you re-elect Ron Johnson for a second term. We also have to defend and reinforce our majority in the Congress. Because with a Rubio administration and a Republican congress, we will make and keep America safe through a stronger and modernized military, stronger alliances, stronger sanctions that will stop Iran from having the capitals to support terrorism and pursue the development of its military nuclear program. That's how we're going to achieve peace through strength.

[Crowd cheers, applauds and chants USA! USA! USA!]

October 23, 2016
-Campaign in Minnesota

October 24-25, 2016
-Campaign in Ohio
-Speech given by Cecil Roberts (President of United Mine Workers of America) in Cleveland, Ohio to announce the organization's endorsement to Marco Rubio :

Democrats have this tendency of claiming that Republicans are acting against workers' rights. Well, that is not true, they are the greatest defenders of America's workers because unlike the Democrats, they are supportive of free market and free enterprise, which is a system the Democrats led by Hillary Clinton are seeking to dismantle. They don't understand that businesses, not the government, create jobs.

Hillary Clinton wants to pursue Barack Obama's War on Coal and to put hundreds of thousands of people out of work through higher taxes and regulations on America's energy industry, which is closing coal mines, killing tens of thousands of good-paying American jobs in addition of shipping these jobs to China, where regulations on coal are lower. How can these workers be able to take of their families without the money they are gaining through their hard working? With Secretary Clinton's big government agenda, America will never get to energy independence.

That's why I'm here to announce our endorsement to Marco Rubio. As President of the United States, Marco Rubio will put an end to the War on Coal, cut taxes and regulations on America's energy industry, including the coal industry, which will bring coal jobs back to America, create more jobs, help us developing technologies that will produce clean coal and facilitate America's path to energy independence.

To facilitate coal's transportation from mines to markets, Marco Rubio will approve the construction of more coal pipelines. By the way, coal produces renewable energy since it is burned for the production of electricity and heat and is the largest source of energy for the generation of electricity worldwide. So it will also help creating jobs in the electricity industry and give the American people a better access to heat and electricity. Clean coal can be promoted through carbon capture and storage technologies. All of that will facilitate America's path to energy independence.

President Rubio will promote oil drilling and production, approve the construction of the Keystone XL pipeline, of the Dakota Access pipeline and of the TransAmerica pipeline. That way, we will boost America's automobile industry and make American cars less expensive than Asian cars, which will give us the advantage in trade deals with our Asian partners and create much more American jobs since international consumers will buy more American cars than Asian cars. That way, we will boost job creation and one part of revenues from oil drilling will be invested in the development of renewable energies such as wind, nuclear, solar, hydroelectricity, etc., which will allow us to keep creating jobs while protecting the environment.

Marco Rubio is the candidate with the best presidential candidate in this race to promote growth. So we are inviting you to vote for Marco Rubio for the sake of a prosperous, bright, clean and optimistic future for America.

[Crowd cheers and applauds]

October 26, 2016
-Campaign in Pennsylvania

October 27, 2016
-Campaign in Michigan
-Since the Macomb County is one of America's most prominent concentrations of Reagan Democrats, Senator Rubio gives a speech in Warren, Michigan in an effort to attract undecided Reagan Democrats :

Just like before the Reagan Era, America is living times of uncertainty marked by economic sluggish. Even some Democrats, later known as the Reagan Democrats, were disappointed with job-killing government policies and embraced Ronald Reagan's agenda that reversed such kind of situation and restored America's prosperity through the creation of 16 million jobs, reduction of the inflation, tax cuts and reduction of government spending. Today, throughout the last eight years, government is getting bigger and bigger, taxes and regulations are higher and our people's purchasing power is weaker, which is killing jobs and is making America a harder place to do business. If Hillary Clinton is elected, all of that will continue and America's economy will be on decline or worse head to a recession.

My economic plan will bring all the American people, including Republicans, Democrats, conservatives, liberals, independents and libertarians together, towards an American agenda. We're going to cut taxes for all the American people, including the middle class. A strong America requires a strong middle class. By promoting oil drilling and production and approving the Keystone XL pipeline as well as the Dakota Access pipeline, we're going to encourage job creation and a part of the revenues from oil drilling will be invested in the development of renewable energies, which will help us to keep boosting job creation while improving our ecological footprint and ensuring a clean environment. It will also boost our car industry by encouraging the manufacturing of more American cars and making them less expensive than Asian cars, thus handing the upper hand to us in trade deals with our Asian partners since more American cars will be bought thanks to lower costs for our cars, which will considerably increase job creation here in America.

Secretary Clinton is suggesting that we rip our trade deals, which will kill American jobs and kill opportunities to create American jobs. That's not the right solution. The reason why we are losing jobs is because we have the highest corporate tax rate in the industrialized world, which is 40 %. So we need to make America the best place in the world to do business. We have to lower tariffs in order to make American products accessible for international consumers. By cutting taxes on America's manufacturing industry, we're going to bring American manufacturing jobs back to America and create more jobs in this sector. That's exactly what Governor Nikki Haley did in South Carolina by abolishing sales tax on manufacturing equipment, which is a factor of South Carolina's unemployment rate reduction from 12 % in 2009 to 5 % today. And by reducing our corporate tax rate to 20 %, we're going to make America the best business-friendly environment in the world and make our nation much more competitive in the Asia-Pacific region, which will make our trade deals, including the TPP, fairer for American workers and encourage job creation here in the United States of America.

So if you want leader who is ready to bring Republicans and Democrats together in order to get things done for the sake of America's prosperity, I'm asking for your vote.

Thank you. God bless our workers and God bless the United States of America.

[The crowd of Reagan Democrats and working class voters loudly cheers and applauds as they are now decided to vote for Marco Rubio on November 8 ]
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #416 on: September 04, 2017, 03:05:34 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2019, 11:55:49 AM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's campaign schedule, Part 2

October 28, 2016
-Campaign in Oregon and Washington

October 29, 2016
-Campaign in Virginia, where Senator Rubio reiterates his pledge to end the War on Coal and calls for a stronger foreign policy and a stronger military in order to defeat global terrorism

October 30, 2016
-Campaign in North Carolina with Nikki Haley
-Rally with voters in Charlotte, North Carolina given by Nikki Haley :

Now, we are living in a time of slow economic growth and we see Americans struggling. While Hillary Clinton talks about being the first woman President, every single policy she espouses, and every single policy of President Obama has been demonstrably bad for women. Approximately 90 % of the jobs lost during Barack Obama's first term belonged to women. Three million women have fallen into poverty under this administration. The number of women living in extreme poverty is the highest level on record. I'm proud to be a conservative because I know our values, our principles and our policies, which are free market, free enterprise, small government, lower taxes and regulations and economic freedom work better to lift everyone up, men and women.

I have a better record in creating jobs for the American people, including for women. I worked in my mother's clothing business, Exotica International, was named to the board of directors of the Orangeburg County Chamber of Commerce and of the Lexington Chamber of Commerce, became treasurer of the National Association of Women Business Owners before becoming president of the South Carolina Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners. Thanks to this experience and to Marco Rubio's experience as a member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship and of the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation, we will succeed in managing the economy, creating jobs and getting America to full-employment.

October 31, 2016
-Campaign in Colorado with family
-Rally with college voters at the University of Denver in Denver, Colorado for a speech given by Amanda Rubio, Marco Rubio's oldest daughter, in an effort to attract young voters :

Thank you everybody.

Even though I'm not yet eligible to vote, but close from it, I call all of you, including Millennials that are eligible to vote to elect my father Marco Rubio to be the next President of the United States.

During his childhood, he was raised paycheck to paycheck, my grand parents were not speaking English and they struggled to adapt in this new society. But thanks to the hard work of a bartender and a housekeeper, they prevailed and they made their children better off than they were, just like my dad seeks, as President, to make sure that our generation and the next generations to come will be the most prosperous Americans that ever lived. He knows that free enterprise is the only economic system where this goal is possible.

Like my father said, if we can get our economy healthy again, our generation, our children, our grand children and beyond will be the most prosperous Americans ever. Thanks to energy independence, lower fiscal burden for all Americans, open trade, education reform, infrastructure development and cost reduction of doing business in America, everything will be possible. My dad knows how to get our economy working again and with his experience as a member of the  U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship, he will bring America to full-employment and ensure permanent brightness for America's future and permanent prosperity for all Americans, including young people and immigrants coming here in America, the hope of the Earth, the land of opportunity and the land where everything is possible. That's why he is asking for your vote. So I encourage you to go to the polls on November 8 and to accomplish your duty as citizens for the good of your future.

Thank you. God bless and God bless America.

November 1, 2016
-Campaign in Nevada
-Rally with voters in Reno, Nevada with Republican senate candidate Congressman Joe Heck :

I'm proud to be running for the senatorial seat held by Harry Reid, one of the worst Senate leaders and one of the most ineffective legislators America has ever known. I am ready to reverse his record as the next Senator of Nevada.

[Applause from the audience]

Senator Reid put partisanship ahead of the American people's interests by siding with President Obama on every issue. He voted to make Obamacare permanent, which allows further regulations and higher costs for our people's access to healthcare. He voted against the Keystone XL pipeline, which kept America from getting to energy independence, from creating jobs and from depriving terrorists of revenues from our energy dependence on foreign oil to plan terrorist attacks. Harry Reid voted against a bill to defund Planned Parenthood that is costing millions and millions of dollars every year and is taking away from unborn children the right to live. But don't worry, my friends, after this election, we will accomplish all the Senate efforts I just mentioned and that were blocked by the Democrats led by Barack Obama and Harry Reid and you know why, because we took the majority in both houses of the Congress last year. But what is yet to be done to put in place this agenda is to elect Marco Rubio at the Presidency of the United States of America. He will cut taxes for all the American people, allow the building of Keystone XL, promote trade partnerships to ensure our competitiveness, reform our education system, balance the budget, champion businesses and repeal and replace Obamacare. That's how America will finally reclaim its prosperity.

You know, four years ago, Harry Reid lied about Mitt Romney's tax returns, claiming that he did not pay any taxes for 10 years. He repeated the same lying accusation over and over again while he knew very well that it was false. When he was vetted to for the vice-presidential nomination in 2008, Romney submitted 23 years of tax returns. Harry Reid was awarded 4 Pinnochios by the Washington Post and he was rated Pants of Fire by Politifact and after the last presidential election, which we lost partly because of these false accusations, Harry Reid said, I quote : « These attacks were one of the best things I've ever done. »

[Boos from the audience]

Not only these were attacks that played a role in our electoral loss in 2012 but it's also an attack against the American Dream and against free enterprise. The government does not create jobs, but the American people does. That's why Marco Rubio, a son of immigrants who lived the American Dream, will defend that dream, put the government aside and promote free market policies that will create jobs, increase wages and restore America as the land of opportunity.

Nine years ago, Harry Reid has demonstrated his pessimism and was ready for surrender. He said : « The War on Terror is lost. We can't win. » If America lost, who won? Al Qaida? ISIS? We can't afford to accept terrorism's victory. But if we don't take action, if we don't stand with our allies, all things that the Obama administration don't have the courage to do, we risk to see terrorism's victory. But as President of the United States, Marco Rubio will modernize our military, ensure our troops' readiness, reinforce and expand our alliances and deploy the necessary arsenal to defeat terrorism.

Do you remember, in 2010, when Marco Rubio was running for the Senate, Harry Reid showed arrogance when he said, I quote « I don't know how anyone of Hispanic heritage could be a Republican. »

[Boos from the audience]

How dare he say that? Como él atreven digo esa? But remember what Marco Rubio responded : « You know, Americans of Hispanic descent, you know the strongest issue there is? That is economic empowerment--upward mobility. My parents worked every single day to work to give me and my siblings opportunities that they didn't have. There's only one economic system in the world that that's possible in time and again and that's the American free enterprise system. And the reason why Americans of Hispanic descent should be Republicans is because the Democratic leadership is trying to dismantle the American free enterprise system--the only system in the world where parents like mine, who work hard and play by the rules, can give their children the opportunities they themselves did not have. »

So, despite Reid's comments, Marco Rubio, a son of Cuban immigrants, won the Florida senatorial election by a landslide and is elected Senator of Florida and now he is running for President. In the last few weeks, he adopted a plan to create economic opportunities for Hispanics. As the nominee of our party, he will expand our party by growing Hispanic support to the Republican Party, he will lead us to victory and then we will finally get America back on track. We are the party of Lincoln, we are the party of diversity, we are the party of all Americans, we are the Grand « Opportunity » Party.

Fortunately, Harry Reid is not running again. But if I'm elected at the Senate, I will reverse his record of failure and lack of leadership and I'm ready to pass President Marco Rubio's laws and policies for the sake of America's prosperity, security, freedom and unity.

Thank you. God bless Nevada and God bless the United States of America.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #417 on: September 04, 2017, 03:07:14 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2019, 08:16:36 PM by UWS »

Marco Rubio's campaign schedule, Part 3

November 2, 2016
-Campaign in New Mexico
-Rally in Albuquerque, New Mexico for a speech given by George W. Bush :

In 2000, I won one of the closest and most contested elections by winning the crucial state of Florida by only 537 more votes than Al Gore. Here we are, in New Mexico, the closest state in the entire election with respect to actual vote margin (366 votes), closer even than Florida. So I'm the living proof that every single vote counts. Yesterday, in the context of early voting in my home state of Texas, I casted my vote for Marco Rubio for President of the United States because of his strong leadership, because he will make our economy strong again by cutting government spending and taxes for all the American people, championing businesses of all sizes, promoting free trade, reforming our education system, balancing our budget, ensure infrastructure development and lead us to energy independence through encouraging the exploitation of all of our sources of energy such as oil, gas, ethanol fuel, nuclear, electricity, wind, solar, etc., which will make us the strongest energy producer in the world, boost our automotive industry, make our cars less expensive than Asian cars, which will make us competitive in the Asia-Pacific region if we ratify the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP). I know this as a former businessman of the oil industry.

I also support Marco Rubio because he has the right foreign policy experience to keep us safe like I did after 9/11. He will reinforce an modernize our military, promote and expand our precious and strategic alliances, fight and defeat international terrorism through military strength as well as all regimes supporting terrorism. He will stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons, restore Eastern Europe's territorial integrity against Russia and maintain peace on the Pacific Ocean by reinforcing our military presence there and creating the Pacific Treaty Organization (PTO).Marco's parents came here in America 60 years ago to find better economic opportunities and live better lives. As son of a bartender and a housekeeper, he was raised paycheck to paycheck and his parents didn't earn full education and didn't speak English. And yet, they made their American Dream successful and made their kids' lives better than theirs.

Como miembro de la comunidad hispana, él comprenda sus luchas. El cómo reformará nuestro sistema de inmigración o que le permitirá acceder a ciudadanía americana en terrenos más seguros y más justo como los Estados Unidos. El cómo reformará nuestro sistema de educación Al promover el libre comercio con América Latina, vamos a dar a nuestros negocios, incluyendo las pequeñas empresas hispanas en los Estados Unidos gracias a las oportunidades de idiomas y su fluidez en español e inglés, nuevas oportunidades para innovar, para aumentar su competitividad, para llegar a nuevos consumidores, dando a tener acceso a los productos estadounidenses, para crear puestos de trabajo en nuestro país y garantizar su expansión empresarial 'aquí y en todo el mundo. Gracias a su bilingüismo, los hispanos será dominante entre los importadores, los exportadores, los traductores y los ejecutivos que garanticen un intercambio, cultural y comercial. Y como he dicho, nuestra capacidad de innovación y la competencia proviene de nuestros mercados abiertos, así como nuestra constante búsqueda de nuevos mercados.

When I was elected in 2000, we were crossing the bridge to the 21st century, but 9/11 made the beginning of this century chaotic. We then fought terrorism around the world and killed Osama Bin Laden, ten years later. But yet, we still have strong challenges to face. Marco Rubio will accomplish what I didn't manage to fulfill completely during my presidency.

On November 8, we have the chance to make history by electing Marco Rubio as the first Hispanic to occupy the office of President of the United States and by electing Nikki Haley as the first Asian-American and the first woman at the office of Vice-President of the United States, almost 100 years after women in America obtained the right to vote.

Thanks to their leadership, the 21st century will be a New American Century through strength, peace, prosperity, justice and national unity. So I'm asking you to come out and vote for the Rubio/Haley ticket because like I said I'm the living proof that every vote counts. So every vote counts for the future of America, a bright future that President Marco Rubio and Vice-President Nikki Haley will bring. Thank you. God bless the United States of America.
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #418 on: September 04, 2017, 04:30:02 PM »

Post Senatorial Polling before E-day, let's see if Kirk is as screwed as in OTL.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #419 on: September 04, 2017, 04:56:56 PM »

Post Senatorial Polling before E-day, let's see if Kirk is as screwed as in OTL.

Ok.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #420 on: September 07, 2017, 08:40:05 PM »

New polls

After the reopening of the FBI investigation on Hillary Clinton's emails, which many consider as the October surprise of the 2016 election, Marco Rubio considerably increased his lead in national polls and in several battle ground states. We also saw an important increase of the number of pundits predicting Marco Rubio's victory over Hillary Clinton on November 8.

By targeting the middle-class and working class voters as well as the Reagan Democrats, a group that made an important contribution to Ronald Reagan's victory in 1980 and 1984, the Florida Senator boosted himself in the Midwest, where the toss-up states of Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Pennsylvania are usually considered as the Democratic blue wall but could flip to the Republicans in 2016.

General election polls

Hillary Clinton vs Marco Rubio

Hillary Clinton : 44 %
Undecided : 4 %

Statewide opinion polls

Ohio

Marco Rubio : 55 %

Florida

North Carolina

Virginia

Hillary Clinton : 49 %

Pennsylvania

Undecided : 5 %

New Hampshire

Michigan

Wisconsin

Minnesota

Marco Rubio : 51 %
Hillary Clinton : 47 %

Iowa

Colorado

Nevada

New Mexico

New Jersey

Maine

Hillary Clinton : 51 %
Marco Rubio : 47 %

Oregon

Hillary Clinton : 53 %
Marco Rubio : 46 %

Electoral College map

Marco Rubio : 334 great electors
Hillary Clinton : 172 great electors
Toss-ups : 32 great electors
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #421 on: September 07, 2017, 09:26:20 PM »
« Edited: September 07, 2017, 09:34:02 PM by UWS »

New polls

Since most of the time there are polls for the next presidential election even before the upcoming election of November 8 2016, there are already polls published for the 2020 presidential election for both the Republican nomination and the Democratic nomination in the eventuality that either Marco Rubio or Hillary Clinton lose the 2016 election.

Early 2020 polls

If Marco Rubio were to lose the 2016 election, which one of the following
Republicans would be your top choice for the Republican presidential nomination in 2020?

Donald Trump : 17 %
Nikki Haley : 14 %
Ted Cruz : 12 %
Paul Ryan : 10 %
John Kasich : 9 %
Mike Pence : 8 %
Tom Cotton : 4 %
Ben Sasse : 3 %
Other/Undecided : 22 %

If Hillary Clinton were to lose the 2016 election, which one of the following Democrats
would be your top choice for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2020?

Bernie Sanders : 18 %
Elizabeth Warren : 16 %
Tim Kaine : 10 %
Cory Booker : 9 %
Kamala Harris : 7 %
Al Franken : 6 %
Andrew Cuomo : 6 %
Sherrod Brown : 5 %
Tulsi Gabbard : 5 %
Steve Bullock : 4 %
Amy Klobuchar : 3 %
Lincoln Chafee : 2 %
Other/Undecided : 9 %
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #422 on: September 07, 2017, 10:12:36 PM »
« Edited: September 07, 2017, 10:22:25 PM by UWS »

Senate polls

Republicans : 54 seats
Democrats : 46 seats

Florida
Carlos Lopez-Cantera : 51 %
Patrick Murphy : 38 %
Undecided : 11 %

Ohio
Rob Portman : 55 %
Ted Strickland : 36 %
Undecided : 9 %

North Carolina
Richard Burr : 53 %
Deborah K. Ross : 40 %
Undecided : 7 %

Indiana
Todd Young : 56 %
Evan Bayh : 39 %

Pennsylvania
Pat Toomey : 48 %
Katie McGinty : 45 %
Undecided : 7 %

New Hampshire
Kelly Ayotte : 48 %
Maggie Hassan: 42 %
Undecided : 10 %

Wisconsin
Ron Johnson : 52 %
Russ Feingold : 43 %

Illinois
Tammy Duckworth : 47 %
Mark Kirk : 44 %
Undecided : 9 %

Colorado
Darryl Glenn : 51 %
Michael Bennet : 45 %
Undecided : 4 %

Nevada
Joe Heck : 50 %
Catherine Cortez Masto : 44 %
Undecided : 6 %
_
Not_Madigan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: -7.74

« Reply #423 on: September 07, 2017, 10:13:06 PM »

>Kirk has a chance

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #424 on: September 07, 2017, 10:51:59 PM »
« Edited: September 07, 2017, 10:55:01 PM by UWS »

On the campaign trail

FBI Reopens Investigation on Hillary Clinton’s Email Server

On October 28, the FBI is reopened the investigation into Hillary Clinton‘s use of a private email server, the bureau’s director said in a letter to lawmakers on Friday, a surprise twist in a turbulent campaign just 11 days before election day. Since the reopening of the investigation could influence the issue of the 2016 election, several pundits consider this as the October surprise of this presidential campaign.

In a note to congressional committee chairs, FBI director James Comey said that the FBI had discovered additional emails relevant to the investigation into Clinton’s and that agents were examining the emails to determine whether they contain classified information.

There was no additional information about what the emails contain or how long the investigation could take.

“In connection with an unrelated case, the FBI has learned of the existence of emails that appear to be pertinent to the investigation,” said Comey. “I am writing to inform you that the investigative team briefed me on this yesterday, and I agreed that the FBI should take appropriate investigative steps designed to allow investigators to review these emails to determine whether they contain classified information, as well as to assess their importance to our investigation.”

Also unknown is what the unrelated case is that led to the FBI discovering additional emails.

Clinton’s use of a private email server during her time as Secretary of State has become a central issue of the campaign.

After a months-long investigation, the FBI decided earlier this year not to recommend criminal charges against Clinton, saying there was no prosecutorial precedent to do so.

At question in the investigation was the former secretary of state’s handling of classified information. The FBI found that in a handful of instances, classified email was discovered on Clinton’s personal server.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 62  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies